Camper on a Pop-up Site

hjeick

BettyBo
This morning I tried to book a camp site for our 18 ft camper, no slide-outs. The only sites available are the pop-up / tent sites. Will we be allowed to put our camper on this site. I guess we will just survive without the hook-ups. This is right after Christmas...2020. All of the other sites were already full! I plan to check back daily until I find a better solution but I was wondering if this would work if nothing better opens up.

From what I have read here and elsewhere you could put an 18 ft camper on a pop up site without any problem. I've only ever camped in the full hook up area but as far as I know there is hydro and water on the pop up sites and you can dump your black water at an empty site that has sewer hook.

The sites you are asking about, I believe, are the tent sites. They DO NOT have sewer hook ups but do have electric & a water faucet. As stated on the WDW website, they can accomodate equipment up to 25', you just won't have sewer hook up. We are actually putting a 19' trailer on the tent site we rented in a few weeks as my wife decided to back out of her agreement to tent camp with me. :duck: I already had the site booked and there was nothing else available to switch so I just rented a small trailer and the peeps I rent from said there was no problem as they have set up hard sided trailers on tent sites at the Fort before. I don't see an issue as long as the trailer fits and you park your vehicles in the proper spot.

Also note FW does not have a dump station but others have said they either just find an empty full hook up site or are directed to one by a CM to dump.

You will most certainly be allowed to use the pop up/tent sites. We use them exclusively for our 16ft TT because we are not against showering in the comfort stations. You will find a lot of other TTs And van conversions in these pop up sites as well. Our last trip our neighbor had a 24ft trailer

You will have a water hookup but you are limited by your grey tanks capacity.

You could also take a waste tote with you. The downside would be finding a site to dump it in. There is no dump station ay the fort.

I see it all the time. Especially those with retro campers. Love seeing them. Go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter