• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Campfires?

twalton

Mouseketeer
Maybe this is a dumb question, but are campfires allowed at Ft. Wilderness? Not charcoal fires, but honest-to-goodness wood-burning campfires.

Thanks!

ANDREW_LUBOW;

Are you sure campfires are allowed in the grill ?? I always was under the impression that campfires are NOT allowed at FW, and the grills are for charcoal only. Considering the drought they have been under for years now, I will be very very surprised if wood is allowed to be burned in those grills.

most campgrounds in Florida do not allow campfires - mainly as mentioned above because of the drought,

The Chip & Dale campfire is a lot of fun,

Now they do have campfire pits in the group camping area.

Disney Campers.....can you elaborate on the Chip & Dale campfire? Is it worth the trip to Fort Wilderness? I know the kids would enjoy the movie, what about adults-other things to do during the movie? (DH wouldn't be able to sit through a movie while in Disney).

We have used a portable pseudo-campfire that works off of propane. It is similar to gas fireplace logs with bricks around it. It puts off good heat, shoots no sparks and adds quite a bit to the camping experience. To date, Disney hasn't said we can't use it.

We loved the campfire. You can purchase marshmallows and sticks and sit around and roast them. We even made s'mores. We enjoyed the sing-along and movie thay followed. I think it is well worth the trip over. Get there early as the buses take a while to get you there.

Well i have seen people with those firepits that are coverd.And noone said anything to them,about putting it out the last time we where there.

*Allstars*,,,the campfire is great for the kids, theyll love the movie and the atmosphere. Great palce to meet Chip and Dale as well! As for the adults,,the DW and I bring a small cooler and blanket and toast with champagne the end of another great Disney trip on the last nite of each of our stays at FW. It has become the traditional "wind-down" the night before departure. Just be careful with the cork!;)

JW

willydoit, that is one of the best romantic & family ideas I've seen on this board. I think we'll have to adopt this tradition too!

willydoit, that is one of the best romantic & family ideas I've seen on this board. I think we'll have to adopt this tradition too! Thank you for sharing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter