camping at the fort wilderness camping

chris matney

Earning My Ears
hi i saw earler about some one wanted to book a camp site for one night to use E.M.H and not stay there that night and peploe said it not right to do that now my questing is im going to book dec 5 to the 17 im driving with husbon (who dont drive) and with our dog it bepends when we leave by drivng 13hrs i might not get there the first night (maybee) or 2am to 4 am does that mean i didnt get there the first night but paid for it would pepole get mad if i did that

hi i saw earler about some one wanted to book a camp site for one night to use E.M.H and not stay there that night and peploe said it not right to do that now my questing is im going to book dec 5 to the 17 im driving with husbon (who dont drive) and with our dog it bepends when we leave by drivng 13hrs i might not get there the first night (maybee) or 2am to 4 am does that mean i didnt get there the first night but paid for it would pepole get mad if i did that

Definitely not.

2am or 4am is still considered “that night” at WDW resorts (and the campground). The computers don’t roll to the “next day” until 6am.

However, depending on your camping equipment, they may not allow you to set-up at your reserved site in the middle of the night with an arrival that late. You may be directed to the overflow lot until morning. But don’t worry about what others think. I’d just make sure your reservation is noted for a very late arrival.

Enjoy your vacation!

chris matney,

That site is yours. The official "next day" starts at 6am. You can use the "Early Check-in" option in My Disney Experience to check in, pay in full, and be good to go weeks before you arrive. You also provide an expected arrival time and sometime around then (or later) on arrival day you will receive a text with your site number (if you provide a cell phone number in MDE). That way you bypass the check-in building completely, use your Magic Bands to enter the automatic gate (they only work after you have received your site number text) or if you arrive before the site text, go through the guard side and show id.

If you are officially checked in via the Early process, nobody cares when you arrive. Of course, use discretion about setting up loudly if you arrive in the early morning hours. However, nobody will stop or prevent you from setting up. When we've arrived late at night before, I did the minimum set-up, got some sleep, then finished the rest in the morning.

But it's yours waiting for you if you already paid for it (which is how the throwaway room people use it to get EMH, free parking, etc.).

Bama Ed

Last edited:
2am or 4am is still considered “that night” at WDW resorts (and the campground). The computers don’t roll to the “next day” until 6am.

However, depending on your camping equipment, they may not allow you to set-up at your reserved site in the middle of the night with an arrival that late. You may be directed to the overflow lot until morning. But don’t worry about what others think. I’d just make sure your reservation is noted for a very late arrival.

Enjoy your vacation!

im having a renter camper and the will set up my site and take it down for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter