Camping in February

FLkid

Mouseketeer
has anyone tent camped in Feb before?

We had this idea that it would be more fun than camping in the heat. But every time we go to WDW in Jan/Feb it’s pretty darn cold (we’re born and raised Floridians) But we thought we could get a little heater for the tent and heavy duty sleeping bags.

What’s everyone thoughts?

We tried this this past January and from being from the NE, what’s 40 degrees at night in Florida. Wow, where we wrong. A big nylon tent air beds with flannel sheets and two comforts each, BURRR. DW got up and got in bed with mom and dad, and I got up and grabbed her comforters and put them on our bed, now we have 3 people and 4 comforters on one queen air bed. Went to Lowe’s and bought two ceramic space heaters, wanted a Mr. Buddy but everyone was sold out. After having the 2 heaters it definitely took the chill out of tent, so much that we are doing it again this January.

Have fun.

Inflated beds have COLD air in them which makes it VERY hard to get warm in. Found that out a few years ago when my sis spent one night with us in our mh which has an inflatable in the sofa. She froze, and it wasn't that cold.

We tent camped many nights over the years in January. Always with small kids too. We used space heaters and electic blankets. Half the time you needed both, some times just one or the other, and some evenings just a blanket. No matter what we needed to stay warm, we always rested like babies. I very much enjoy the 70 degree days and 50 degree nights, coming from central IL and freezing or below temps.

We used to tent camp in December at the fort. We used electric blankets with air mattresses exclusively, never any heaters. We would turn the blankets on about an hour before going to bed so that everything was nice and warm. Never got cold and there were some nights that it got down in the 30's.

My brother always stays in a tent beside the RV. He uses a air mattress but put the electric blanket UNDER him on top of the mattress. He has found when he got cold it was the cold it was coming from the ground up. Also we have a space heater. He has actually got o hot at time when it has been cold outside.

When in February are you going to be there? We're checking in the 18th. We're pulling our 32' 5er down though. No tents for me! I'm too soft!

Probably around the same time! Fiance’s Birthday is the 18th, mine is the end of Feb so we’re thinking in that time slot

We tent camped the last week of Feb this year and it was a little colder than we expected but I would easily do it again. I did make a Target run to get an electric blanket though. I would suggest bringing that or a heater and you will be fine.

My brother always stays in a tent beside the RV. He uses a air mattress but put the electric blanket UNDER him on top of the mattress. He has found when he got cold it was the cold it was coming from the ground up. Also we have a space heater. He has actually got o hot at time when it has been cold outside.

Completely agree with using the electric blanket under you, we have tent camped this way in cold temps many times. We always layer it in this order - air mattress, electric blanket, sleeping bag opened up flat, fitted sheet, flat sheet, comforter, then extra blankets on top as needed .The sleeping bag on top of the electric blanket serves two purposes - one extra layer of warmth between us and the cold air in the mattress, and also cushioning between us and the wiring of the electric blanket . Super warm and cozy .

We're headed down the first week of Feb in a travel trailer. I am hot natured, so I hope this will be a good time to go. I can not wait!

We were also there the last week of February this year and plan to go again this year. Made the ressie today!!!! We took electric blankets but did not need them. We are from up north so we thought it was HOT!! We brought warm clothing and never used it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!