• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camping in November

Tinkerbells2000

Disney Mom of 4
We just had to change our vacation that was supposed to happen in about 25 days due to our oldest daughter having some testing at school. We changed it to Nov. 3-9.. We have never been to Disney in Nov. What is the weather like?? I'm assuming it's still short weather?? By the way, they had no problem changing our Ressie at the last minute, and the 1st set of dates that we wanted in Nov. were available. We are in a preferred site, and also when we changed it, for some reason, we now have an .86 credit... . Not sure what that was about, since it was only .86 . But anyway, This time is actually seeming to work out all together better for us..
Oh, also, how warm or cold does it get at night . Since we will be in the Pop up, I'm trying to decide what to bring clothing wise for the kids, all ages 8 and under...

Tinkerbell,
November can be a little fickle. We have camped in Gainseville at thanksgiving and it was in the 20s in the morning. Its only about 50- 75 miles north or Orlando. And it can be in the 80s. You are going early in november so the chance of really cool weather is lessened. I would pack a pair of long pants and maybe a sweatshirt or too just in case. I would say 70s during the day and 50s at night.

Happy Campin:p

November is one our favorite months to camp at FW! There was only one time we had bad weather (and that was only for a day). The days are warm and sunny (mostly) and the nights are very comfortable. We also camp in a popup. We leave fans on during the day to keep the air moving and by the time we get back at night the trailer is cool and comfortable for sleeping. I always bring a pair of pants and a sweatshirt/light sweater - just in case.

Have fun!!!

Hi first time posting here! My husband & I were supposed to be at FWC this November but due to him having a bad wreck on his horse we have post-poned it until next year. I have been there uncountable times since I was 17 & WDW was still rather new, but DH has never been out of Montana except for his time in the Army. Biggest thing he's ever been to is our State Fair in Billings! I post-poned it so he could enjoy it all. He has a badly broken neck & there is no way he could go on many of the rides. I think the best part of the trip will be watching his reaction!!! FWC is such a great campground!!! I was there last Summer with a friend on my way to watching my daughter graduate from Basic training (no the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!) That was my first time actually staying at WDW & I loved it! My mother lives right in Orlando, but I'd rather stay at FWC! So our trip is scheduled for Nov. 2003. I am very familiar with the weather there as I was a resident of FL for about 9 1/2 years. I'd have to say as far as November weather goes...be prepared for anything!!!! It's the most unpredictable month there is. Hmmmmm, kinda sounds like Montana year-round! LOL But I wouldn't say it was ever anything totally untollerable. I prefer it for the cool nights & not so hot days!!;)

Oh, so sorry to hear about your poor husband! Hopefully he'll heal up just fine and be able to have a blast at DW next year.

It is so hard to plan a trip and have to cancel--we were due to go in July but my sister--motorhome driver--was having dizziness and we had to cancel. We are (hopefully!) going to be able to go this November--fingers crossed! Your husband doesn't know what he's missing, so that may help him. You'll just have to keep reading here to keep your spirits up!!

I hope all the dizziness gets real gone so you can go & have a blast!!! Yep I'm glad he doesn't know what he's missing, but... IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:teeth: LOL I was counting down & it was getting close....oh well. When we do go we will have so much fun. This will be our honeymoon we never had! We are both in our mid-40's & when we were married 10 years ago we had a ready made family. Well the youngest just graduated from high school this past May & we now have time for us. So when we go we will suddenly drop about 30 years off our age! hehehe We plan to have lots of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter