Camping in WV

ShayBells

Let's get dangerous.
Hopefully this is the right thread. But a group of friends and I decided to try to find a cabin in northern WV for a long weekend this summer. We're from PA. There will be 5 adults and 5 children. We're having trouble finding anything so I thought I'd check here for opinions.

Best lake/camping area you've been to in WV. Maybe if we have a starting point our search will go better. TIA

Shay - I live in WV, but I'm about as far from the outdoorsey type as you can get (my idea of roughing it is the Hampton :) ). That said, I know people that have stayed through Mountain Creek Cabins, and seemed to really enjoy it. I wouldn't exactly call it "camping", but it's supposedly pretty nice.

This article I found seems to have a lot of info as well, and talks about Mountain Creek:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/weekend-cabin-rentals-northern-west-virginia-28052.html

I'm in WV too, the west/central part. I"m a Hampton camper too:thumbsup2 but I've been to a few cabins in the state. How far north are you thinking? Nice cabins at Canaan Valley, New River Gorge area of Fayetteville..........I'll be back!

Shay - I live in WV, but I'm about as far from the outdoorsey type as you can get (my idea of roughing it is the Hampton :) ). That said, I know people that have stayed through Mountain Creek Cabins, and seemed to really enjoy it. I wouldn't exactly call it "camping", but it's supposedly pretty nice.

This article I found seems to have a lot of info as well, and talks about Mountain Creek:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/weekend-cabin-rentals-northern-west-virginia-28052.html

I'm in WV too, the west/central part. I"m a Hampton camper too:thumbsup2 but I've been to a few cabins in the state. How far north are you thinking? Nice cabins at Canaan Valley, New River Gorge area of Fayetteville..........I'll be back!

Thank you! These are awesome starting points. And I say north because with 5 little ones we're trying to make the drive as short as possible lol but depending on what we find that reason can be stretched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!