Camping split stay question?

jdbruce

Earning My Ears
I feel like I'm far from the first person to have this particular scenario, so I was wondering if the experts have ever run into it? We have a 2 week stay at Saratoga Springs (We're DVC), and we were thinking about adding a week prior to our DVC stay and do some camping at the Fort. My question is this: What to do with the camper while we're finishing out our trip at Saratoga Springs? Does Disney offer a place to park it? It's a 40' 5th wheel. We would use the truck as our transportation around the World so would only need to park the camper. Anyone here have any answers or suggestions?

Most of the resorts have ample parking and will direct you to where you can park/drop the trailer. I've stayed at SSR. There should be plenty of space to park it. I don't know how (or if) you will get charged the daily parking fee.

I came in a few days after Hurricane Irma came through and the Fort was still closed. They put us up at OKW until the Fort reopened. The condo at OKW was great. Parking wasn't, so they had us drop the trailer at POR.

j

For the OP,

Disney will find you a place somewhere. Schedule that 3rd week at the Fort followed by the two weeks at SS and DO IT.

You can ask the Fort front desk (I like to wander into the lobby during the early morning hours about 630-700a when they have time to talk because NO ONE is there in line besides me) on the day you check out of the Fort if maybe they can call over to SS and see if there is room for you to park the trailer over there. If not, they might let you drop it at the Fort overflow lot (if they have space which you will be watching during week there as a Plan B). That happens sometime when people camp at the Fort before a cruise on DCL from Port Canaveral. If space permits, they can leave the camper at FW during the cruise.

Disney will find a place for you to put the trailer during your stay at SS one way or the other. So do it and make the rest of us jealous!

Bama Ed

Disney will find you a place somewhere. Schedule that 3rd week at the Fort followed by the two weeks at SS and DO IT.

You can ask the Fort front desk (I like to wander into the lobby during the early morning hours about 630-700a when they have time to talk because NO ONE is there in line besides me) on the day you check out of the Fort if maybe they can call over to SS and see if there is room for you to park the trailer over there. If not, they might let you drop it at the Fort overflow lot (if they have space which you will be watching during week there as a Plan B). That happens sometime when people camp at the Fort before a cruise on DCL from Port Canaveral. If space permits, they can leave the camper at FW during the cruise.

Agree. We did the same thing a several months ago. Stayed at Copper Creek. Left Motor home at CC parking lot. Best vacation ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!