Can’t decide on Ohana dinner

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I think my 2 boys will enjoy it but Im not a big meat eater so not sure about it. I do like lomein but I heard they serve rice now instead of noodles. Any recent visitors?

They only had the rice temporarily, the noodles are back. I am not a big meat eater either, I only eat small pieces of the meat, but still enjoy this restaurant. The salad, noodles, and vegetables are really good.

In our two visits to Disney we have eaten at Ohana twice and loved it both times. There is a lot of meat, but the atmosphere, the quality of the food, the interaction with the kids make this a must for my family. We plan to go back to WDW in November and this is the one repeat restaurant that we will visit.

Meh... we skip it. My kids like the entertainment but we don't really think the food is that great nor worth the effort to get a reservation.

It’s good if you’re going to eat your monies worth. If not try Skippers Canteen in MK instead.

I used to like this place, but last two experiences were very disappointing to me both in terms of food and service. I would skip.

If you aren't a big meat eater, I wouldn't go. The last time we went, without asking what I would like, the server simply plopped, quite literally, pounds of meat onto my plate. The service and food have gone really downhill here, IMHO.

If they would like an AYCTE meal with a lively atmosphere, I would recommend going to Whispering Canyon for either lunch or dinner. The kids could order the skillet and you could order something more to your liking, a la carte, on the menu. The food is good, it's fun and it's cheaper than O'hana!

If you aren't a big meat eater, I wouldn't go. The last time we went, without asking what I would like, the server simply plopped, quite literally, pounds of meat onto my plate.
They did that to me, too. Even if the meat had been good quality, they gave me way more than I would have eaten. The fact that it was dried out and unappealing to me, led me to stop after a couple of bites. They could minimize needless waste if they would ask each guest how much meat they would like, instead of just dumping a bunch on the plate.

I agree that Whispering Canyon is an all-around better experience.

If you aren't a big meat eater, I wouldn't go. We use to love Ohana but our last time there in October was rather disappointing. As others have said, the waitress didn't even ask us what or how much we wanted, she plopped down TONS of meat on our plates. I think it'll be a while before we try Ohana again. On the other hand, I really enjoyed breakfast there and would do that again before dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!