Can a 5 yr. WDW Fan----Ever do Univerial Studios and Isl. of Adv.

WDW vs Universal Studio

• wdw

• universal studio3

Results are only viewable after voting.

cmatt

islandman wanna be jimmy buffett is my hero
We can only go to one or the other each year, we take a vote and know wants to try something new, because they like WDW so much,, Looking for people that like both I only here the ones that swear that Universal is the only way to go or that WDW is the only way ?? any sugg. or ideas welcome thanx cmatt

:confused:

Hi,

WDW is great, lots of fun. So is Universal, different feel, less "cutesy" . We prefer Universal these days, partially because of the on site hotels. It's very relaxing to go back and forth on the water taxi's to the Portofino, and we enjoy the quietness of the hotel after a day at the parks. The other on site hotel is a little more "happening" and you can walk to Universal from that location.

We took my kids, ages 5 + 10 at that time, to Universal and IOA , 2 years ago. They both had a ball!!

I would suggest you order the free video from Universal. It's not really very informative but it shows many of the rides and really gets you in the mood! You can order it on-line or you can call 1-800-UESCAPE.

Everyone is happy to answer your questions!

Don't know, but can let you know in 2 weeks when we return. We have taken our Grandkids to WDW every year since they were 2 and 3. They are now 6 and 7 and this will be our first trip to IOA and Universal, have 3 day passes and staying at HRH for 4 nights.

there was not always a walt disney world in florida, just as there was not always an Islands of Adventure. well you weened yourself off disneyland in california and went to disney world in florida. break out of your sheltered little world and see the universal side. you will not be disappointed :D

we have annual passes to both universal and disney being florida residents and we use both thru out the year but the universal gets used 4 to 1 over the disney pass.

Thanks for your info, ??? can you do both? How much time would it take to see IOA and Unversal Studio I know thats a hard ?? lets say to see and do the main or favorites and 1 st timer?/ Also what Hotel do recommend ?????? Also to reply to nrenee all the places WE have stayed at WDW everyone has been quiet I not kidding would'nt even know we had neighbors, exceptional staying out side the park the day before and I will never do that again.... thanks cmatt

:) :bounce: :D

Well, take it from a true Disney fan, I think your 5 year old will love Universal & IOA!!! We have never ventured to USF/IOA until thisyear. There were such good deals on tickets & on site resorts that we decided not to renew our Disney annual passes & go for USF/IOA this year. My kids loved it! My son is 4 1/2 and my daughter is 13. I think my son loves it more than Disney. I liked it way more then I thought I would & love the resorts better then any Disney resort.
If you are staying on site you can do both parks in a day but it will be exhausting!!!
We like Hard Rock Hotel better when we have the kids with us & Portofino w/o them but either is great!

Stay at the Hard Rock Hotel and you can walk to the parks. Give yourself three days so you can also enjoy the hotel. If you stay on site you get express access to the attractions, so very little waiting is involved.

I would at least go to Islands of Adventure on this trip. Take an entire day and I guarantee that you will LOVE IT! Try Universal Studios on your next trip.

The ambiance (I don't know a better word to use) of IOA is intoxicating. The music, theming, rides, open areas, transition between islands... all fantastic.

One of my son's favorites is the talking fountain in The Lost Continent. It's a great surprise for 1st timers.

Our next trip (we leave for Orlando in 7 days!!!) we are spending one week at Universal and one at Disney. We like both parks and for different resaons. Universal if just our favorite...we have to go there on every trip... it's just a must-do-situation! Disney.. the rides are more tame, much more to do (we never rest), we love the water parks, we love the shows, we love the FOOD!

Have fun!!!!!

Thanks everyone those were all great replies and excellant ideas and suggestions, you have sold me on it, we are atleast going to sample it, Or I'll always wonder just feel like a trader to our 1st love, WDW but I guess if you do both, well thats all right isn't it ? thanxs oh so much cmatt

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter