Can a DVC Rerservation be linked to a Cash Reservation

blluefaerie

Earning My Ears
My family and I are coming down for 8 days in May. We now have 5 nights at Kidani in a 2 bedroom with our points. We have (following that stay) a cash reservation for 3 nights in 2 bedrm at BC. We would definetely like to take one night from Kidani and make it 4 and 4. In that case we will have to wait list the BC for one night. If the waitlist is confirmed ..how likely is it that we can stay in the same 2 bd at BC for the 4 nights with first night being DVC last 3 Cash? Not sure if I should take the plunge. No one wants to move more than one time.

How risky is this?

It's likely they'd keep you in the same room but would not be guaranteed. I'd feel fairly comfortable in doing it and feel it's about as guaranteed as can be but it would not be an absolute guarantee.

Does the cash reservation guarantee the type of 2BR? ie, that it has 2 queens, or a queen and sleeper sofa? You'd need to have that in order to increase the odds and I know sometimes that the CRO side is more generic and they place you where the openings are but I haven't looked at 2BR's at BCV on the CRO side.

FWIW we had to add a CRO cash 1 night to my sisters PVB standard view in Oct and we just verified with the front desk when she checked in that they were keeping her in the same room.

My family and I are coming down for 8 days in May. We now have 5 nights at Kidani in a 2 bedroom with our points. We have (following that stay) a cash reservation for 3 nights in 2 bedrm at BC. We would definetely like to take one night from Kidani and make it 4 and 4. In that case we will have to wait list the BC for one night. If the waitlist is confirmed ..how likely is it that we can stay in the same 2 bd at BC for the 4 nights with first night being DVC last 3 Cash? Not sure if I should take the plunge. No one wants to move more than one time.

How risky is this?

When you say cash do you mean through CRO or a member points cash reservation? I believe they can link a member points cash reservation, I have done it in the past. The thing with 2 bedrooms at BC is I don't believe the 2 bedroom/2 queen option is available for cash.

I will call CR and ask about type of 2 bdrm. Member Services said they would not guarantee or recommend me to go ahead. This is a regular cash reservation thru central reservations/Dis.

I wish I could have rented points for that part of trip but it is Memorial Day and low availability for any resort that my family likes.

Thank you to everyone for your input

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter