Can a handicap accessible room connect...

we're all mad here

Mouseketeer
with a regular room? Specifically at All Star Movies. I don't want to bother clogging up the phone lines for all those affected by the storm.
TIA!

Yes, there are. Not every building but there definitely are some. Just be aware that connecting rooms are only a request and not guaranteed.

Enjoy your vacation!

If it is for a family because of a disability it is guaranteed.

Sadly, while they may say it is, it's not true. Most of WDW's accessible rooms have been updated to sleep the standard 4 guests. Back when they had just the king sized bed in the HC rooms, people used to get another room for free, but then it got hard to get all the connecting rooms needed, so they reconfigured a lot of the rooms. If the room sleeps 4, they don't have to get you a connecting room.

Sadly, while they may say it is, it's not true. Most of WDW's accessible rooms have been updated to sleep the standard 4 guests. Back when they had just the king sized bed in the HC rooms, people used to get another room for free, but then it got hard to get all the connecting rooms needed, so they reconfigured a lot of the rooms. If the room sleeps 4, they don't have to get you a connecting room.

You are correct there. But most of the rooms with roll in showers are to small to have 2 beds. So it would be true there.

WDW offers HA rooms at all resorts to accommodate 4 people. It must be booked as such. As I understand, if a guest books 2 separate rooms (1 HA and 1 not) and then requests they be connecting, WDW will do their best to accommodate the connecting rooms request but it may not be possible. I believe HA rooms are literally pulled from inventory as booked, so guaranteed to get what you book (barring an unforeseen maintenance issue arising).

Enjoy your vacation!

IMG_2799.jpg IMG_2800.jpg IMG_2801.jpg IMG_2803.jpg IMG_2805.jpg IMG_2806.jpg
You are correct there. But most of the rooms with roll in showers are to small to have 2 beds. So it would be true there.
All WDW resorts have been renovated at this point to offer accessible rooms with 2 beds and a roll in shower.
The Moderates were renovated by squaring off the front window area of those rooms, which gave enough space to have 2 beds and a roll in shower. We have stayed in a renovated room like that at Port Orléans over a year ago. I know they did the same with all of the Moderate resorts.
The pictures are from the WDW website and show actual rooms at various Moderate and Value resorts.
On the picture of Port Orléans Riverside, you can see a lowered part of the ceiling over the door. That was where they bumped out the room. The start of the lowered part was actually where the outside wall connected before renovation.

I'm not sure how they renovated the Values, but I believe it was also bumping out a wall.
WDW offers HA rooms at all resorts to accommodate 4 people. It must be booked as such. As I understand, if a guest books 2 separate rooms (1 HA and 1 not) and then requests they be connecting, WDW will do their best to accommodate the connecting rooms request but it may not be possible. I believe HA rooms are literally pulled from inventory as booked, so guaranteed to get what you book (barring an unforeseen maintenance issue arising).

Enjoy your vacation!
the bolded is true. That was a change in the ADA several years ago to help ensure that accessible rooms don't get overbooked.

I see they went with the smaller 3 by 3 shower to do that. For some people the smaller shower size will work and others it won't. Do they have the required 5 foot turning radias in there too Sue? Because yes since the values have less room to start with, it makes you wonder how they have redone those resorts. Hopefully someone has pictures of those newer rooms in the values for us to see.

I see they went with the smaller 3 by 3 shower to do that. For some people the smaller shower size will work and others it won't. Do they have the required 5 foot turning radias in there too Sue? Because yes since the values have less room to start with, it makes you wonder how they have redone those resorts. Hopefully someone has pictures of those newer rooms in the values for us to see.
The pictures are from the Disney website. You can put in a resort and then look at the photos of the accessible rooms. Some are better then others at showing the features and not all of the roll in showers look like the Little Mermaid one.
Because the renovations were fairly recent, they should include all the required elements.

We have not stayed at any of the Values; they do still have some rooms with King beds and roll in showers in all resorts.

We have stayed at a double bed room at Port Orléans Riverside and found the roll in shower had pleanty of room. The whole bathroom was open to the shower, so turning space was not an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter