• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can a room only reservation be turned into a package?

thelittlemermaid

<font color=purple>My life was forever changed whe
Can a room only reservation be turned into a package at a later date if it seems a package is a better deal?

I got a quote from DU for room only. Was wondering if I put a down payment on that and then decide to go with a package after they come out for 2006 to get the dining, if it can be changed?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!! :wave:

I had a room only reservation and decided to do the dining package. Disney simply cancelled my old room-only reservation, and made a new booking for the package.

I made roon only ressies last week and was assured by the CM that they could be changed to a package if we decided we wanted a package instead.

room only reservations can always be changed for a package, should one come up that you are interested in purchasing. The payment rules and cancellation rules are differnt for a package, so make sure that you are prepared for this.

Hi,
We had booked a room only thru DUfor 8/20-8/27. We kept only our 1st night as room only and got the free dining under a separate ressie for the remainder of the stay. DU saved us $877. Dagny is our TA and she has been great!!! :cool1:

Thanks everyone! Why I was asking for is I got a quote from DU for room only, but DH is interested in the dining plan. From what I have been reading if Disney doesn't do what they did this year as far as free dining for our dates, that if we go with a package {with dining} through DU we will not be able to get our AAA discount {on the room half} on a package. Is that right? That the only way to get a AAA discount on a package is to only get it through AAA?

I'm starting to get really confused. :sad2:

thelittlemermaid said:
if we go with a package {with dining} through DU we will not be able to get our AAA discount {on the room half} on a package. Is that right? That the only way to get a AAA discount on a package is to only get it through AAA?

I'm starting to get really confused.

You are not confused. You are correct. :) I asked a DU agent myself and she told me that they cannot book AAA discounts on packages, only on room only reservations.

I had to cancel my room only w/discount reservation to get the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter