Can a scooter fit in the back of a minivan?

bosuch

Mouseketeer
We're renting a 3 wheel GoGo ECV (off property) and trying to decide between a car rental and using the Disney buses. We've got 6 people, so we need a minivan, which would something like a Grand Caravan. Will the GoGo break down far enough to fit in the back and still leave room for passengers. This will be the first time using an ECV, so I've never actually seen one in person...

Bill

It should, but it might be a bit tight. Mine (the type you are renting) will fit in the back of our full size van fully put together. You will definitely have to take the seat off and probably the battery and drop the tiller, but you should be able to fit it in there. Heck, I even got mine into the trunk of a Mustang Convertible. There was not any extra room left, but we did it.

It should fit-- But -- why not just use the transportation at Disney. It is great, all buses are wheelchair accessible. The EVC are a pain to break down and if the batteries are not gel or dry cell there could be issue with a spill.

Remember to bring your handicapped sticker for parking. If you do not have one ask Doctor to write prescription for a temp one for use on your vacation.

My husbands Dr gave us some great advice. "Don't use all your energy getting to the ball game. Use an EVC so you can enjoy the game once there."

One thing I remembered is with wheelchairs or EVC, those using will get on bus first. You wait near the start of line so the driver can see you -he /she will then get you on first.

Hope this was a little help

Yes, but you'll have to take off the steering mechanism and take out the batteries under the seat or you'll never lift it with 2 people, unless they are big bruising weight lifters :)

Yes, but you'll have to take off the steering mechanism and take out the batteries under the seat or you'll never lift it with 2 people, unless they are big bruising weight lifters :)

I take my Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus HD NOT broken down all the time in a Kia Minivan. It only weighs 117 pounds so if two people, one on each side, lift it in, it works well. You don't have to be a "big bruising weight lifter," you just have to be able to lift 50 some pounds. Ask the people you rent from the weight of the scooter.

Also, most of the weight is in the batteries. They weigh about 40 pounds. Instead of completely dismantling the scooter, you can just take the battery pack off and lift both pieces separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter