Can anyone help w/ some info?

cancer_survivor_06

DIS Veteran
This really isn't related to disney but I didn't know where else to start so I figured this would be the best place. Thanks in advance to everyone who takes the time to read this. My DD3 was diagnosed in July of 2004 w/ Septo-Optic Dysplasia. She has a very mild case. She doesn't crawl or walk yet but with her weekly PT and OT along with 3-4 intense therapies a year she is on her way. Currently she receives her therapy from school as well as the outpatient therapy center at the hospital. She does her OT as well as the intense programs at a center called NeuroPeds. They have helped her tremendously but it will still be a while before she is able to do these things we are looking into different equipment on being a kidkart or wheel chair. I have recently found a chair/unit that I am very interested in. It is called the Jazz EASyS. I have read the brochures and seen all of the pics regarding this unit but I would like the chance to speak with someone who has had the opportunity to use this equipment. Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to read this all thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

For more info on Lily's intense therapy center visit www.neuropedsclinic.com.

I have never heard of that chair before, but the Jazz EASyS looks REALLY NICE. That has got to be one of the coolest chairs of that type I have seen. It looks like they put a lot of thought into the features.
Here's a site with some reviews posted.

One thing you may want to think about is her ability to propel whatever type of chair by herself. My younger DD has cerebral palsy and when she was a little less than 3, she outgrew her stroller and the therapists were talking about a pushchair (with 4 small wheels). We chose a wheelchair since she would have some possibility of being able to propel it by herself, rather than a pushchair, which would not give her much independence. She did well and learned how to propel it pretty quickly.

Thanks Sue, I have seen that site with the reviews and because there were so few I decided to look elsewhere. I really like the many features of this chair and that is why I have started to pursue it. I forgot to mention in my original post that dd has visual problems as well. Her PT seems to have no doubt that she can function with a wheelchair but I have my delays with this type of equipment because even though she is 3 she functions at the level of a 3 to 9 month old depending on what you are working on with her. So that being said what would your opinion be on her using a wheelchair. Also I don't mind her using one at home it just when we are out. As far as support she requires minimal support with sitting so I am not looking for a unit such as a kidkart that might provide more support than she needs and then not allow her the freedom to move around. Right now she just turned 3 in august and only weighs 30 pounds. In fact when people see her they don't beleive that she is 3 because she doesn't stand so she still has that baby look.
Again with that being said I am sure I get alot of looks from people think that it is a shame that my child looks as big as she does. Besides really if I cared what other people thought I probably wouldn't leave my house, but I do and during my treatments I left my house with my shiny proud bald head. Again thank you for looking and replying and sorry about all of the babbling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter