Can anyone help with clarification of Cape May Cafe dinner options, please?

lisalonglash

Yes, I love Pluto!
I was looking at the buffet items available for Cape May Cafe dinner and found some information that is great, if it's correct.

On the AllEars menu (it says updated Oct 2018), it says the main seafood entrees rotate - and the options we would want are only available on Sundays and Wednesdays.

On both the Disney and WDWInfo menus online, they do not specify a rotating menu.

Which one is correct? If I can't be sure that our preferred seafood options will be available for the dinner date we book, we will book somewhere else kwim?

Thank you! :daisy::thanks:

I believe the allears menu is generally correct but can be confusing to interpret. Some seafood options like the calamari, cod nuggets and clam strips do rotate through the week and are only available on certain nights. I'm not as familiar with the veggie rotation as haven't paid as much attention to the veggies over the past number of years that I've enjoyed Cape May.

Important to know that the crab legs are there every night. The crab legs question is the one that most confuses guests. Crab legs are always on the buffet. However, the quality of the crab legs can vary by season and night. I think the quality has improved over the years and is better now than in the past. Since they are the most popular item on the buffet, the cooks set out a new batch every few minutes. Best strategy is to visit the buffet many times and watch for a new batch to be set out for best quality. Enjoy.

Some things are standard, some rotate. Steamed clams are only available certain days, for instance. AllEars is probably accurate.

I was looking at the buffet items available for Cape May Cafe dinner and found some information that is great, if it's correct.

On the AllEars menu (it says updated Oct 2018), it says the main seafood entrees rotate - and the options we would want are only available on Sundays and Wednesdays.

On both the Disney and WDWInfo menus online, they do not specify a rotating menu.

Which one is correct? If I can't be sure that our preferred seafood options will be available for the dinner date we book, we will book somewhere else kwim?

Thank you! :daisy::thanks:

The last time we ate there I purposely booked our dinner for Tuesday night because they advertised calamari as the special dish of the day, there was no calamari to be found when we ate there that night.

This is what I do. Unless you have dietary restrictions or are really set on a particular offering, calm and easy going is the way to be at Cape May. Along with the headliners, I always discover some tasty treats in the cold salad offerings and the cheese. Usually a decent and somewhat sophisticated cheese offering(s) for a buffet which always surprises me.

The seafood selection varies, but there are always plenty of selections and they are all good. The snow crab is served daily. We’ve had steamed clams every time we’ve been. We’ve also had the following: steamed mussels, calamari, paella (really good), different kinds of salmon, and some of the best clam chowder I’ve ever had. They also have carved beef every night. Other selections include salads, fruits, veggies, chicken of some variety, really nice cheese selection, mashed or roasted potatoes, and fries, nuggets, pizza for the kids.

As another posted stated, the all ears menu is essentially correct just a bit confusing. Certain seafood items do indeed rotate.

Important to know that the crab legs are there every night. The crab legs question is the one that most confuses guests. Crab legs are always on the buffet.
Thanks for that. I was confused by the allears menu description as well, and despite eating at Cape May every trip since it opened, I get confused as to what changes from night to night.

DH loved the calamari last time, which we did not plan for. I'd love to have him get it again, but it's only on Tuesdays. Then again, pp said they didn't see it on Tuesday... so complicated.

I believe the allears menu is generally correct but can be confusing to interpret. Some seafood options like the calamari, cod nuggets and clam strips do rotate through the week and are only available on certain nights. I'm not as familiar with the veggie rotation as haven't paid as much attention to the veggies over the past number of years that I've enjoyed Cape May.

Important to know that the crab legs are there every night. The crab legs question is the one that most confuses guests. Crab legs are always on the buffet. However, the quality of the crab legs can vary by season and night. I think the quality has improved over the years and is better now than in the past. Since they are the most popular item on the buffet, the cooks set out a new batch every few minutes. Best strategy is to visit the buffet many times and watch for a new batch to be set out for best quality. Enjoy.

Thank you! :)

Some things are standard, some rotate. Steamed clams are only available certain days, for instance. AllEars is probably accurate.

The last time we ate there I purposely booked our dinner for Tuesday night because they advertised calamari as the special dish of the day, there was no calamari to be found when we ate there that night.

That's why I posted - I'm thinking that may happen. I'm sorry you weren't able to enjoy what you were looking forward to :(

I would recommend going with no particular expectations. Book the night which is most convenient and just enjoy what is available.

Normally, I would do just that. However, we don't love Cape May (just the location), so this was a "book or not book" question for us kwim? :)

This is what I do. Unless you have dietary restrictions or are really set on a particular offering, calm and easy going is the way to be at Cape May. Along with the headliners, I always discover some tasty treats in the cold salad offerings and the cheese. Usually a decent and somewhat sophisticated cheese offering(s) for a buffet which always surprises me.

The seafood selection varies, but there are always plenty of selections and they are all good. The snow crab is served daily. We’ve had steamed clams every time we’ve been. We’ve also had the following: steamed mussels, calamari, paella (really good), different kinds of salmon, and some of the best clam chowder I’ve ever had. They also have carved beef every night. Other selections include salads, fruits, veggies, chicken of some variety, really nice cheese selection, mashed or roasted potatoes, and fries, nuggets, pizza for the kids.

As another posted stated, the all ears menu is essentially correct just a bit confusing. Certain seafood items do indeed rotate.

Yes, that's how the AllEars menu reads to me. Thank you! :)

Thanks for that. I was confused by the allears menu description as well, and despite eating at Cape May every trip since it opened, I get confused as to what changes from night to night.

DH loved the calamari last time, which we did not plan for. I'd love to have him get it again, but it's only on Tuesdays. Then again, pp said they didn't see it on Tuesday... so complicated.

It's frustrating for planning purposes lol

Thank you, everyone! I think we'll plan for a dinner somewhere else, as being able to have the seafood listed for a particular day was really the only reason we were considering Cape May and it sure sounds like the schedule is hit-or-miss. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter