Can anyone recommend a good low cal salad dressing?

Redmic

Can't fold fitted sheets
I love salad, but I haven't found a really good low fat/ low cal dressing. The Italian dressings in particular have a real chemical/off taste to me. Has anybody found a dressing they really like (home made would be ok too)? Bathing suit season is here - yikes!

I don't like the lo-cal, lite dressings either...they taste like chemicals! I use Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinagrette. It is not lo-cal, lo-fat per se, but I have found that because it has a very strong flavor, you really don't need to use more than a tsp or so on a dinner salad.

Leslie

I agree about the taste of those italian dressings too...

I really love Cains Fat Free Raspberry Vinagriatte, it's sweet and great on raw veggies too...

Wishbone's Just 2 Good dressings are pretty good compared to some other lowfat ones I've tried. I really like the Caesar one.

All those bottled Italian dressings, low-cal or regular, are awful IMO.

If you have Ken's brand in your area, try their low-cal Raspberry Walnut or Balsamic Vinegarette. They're pretty tasty.

Hellman's Fat Free Honey Mustard dressing is great. I also put that on sandwiches. Try the Citrus Splash varieties too.

Try Ken's brand light Caesar. Not super low in calories, but a little goes a long way. My DH loves it.

Kraft makes an awesome Fat Free Raspberry Vinagrette that is out of this world!

Unfortunately, I can only find it in single serve packets at the cafeteria where I work. I've been unable to find it in any grocery store in my area!

I prefer the Kens dressings or I will just use a little flavored vinegar. Tarragon or rice vinegars are my favorites.

Most of the lite or low-cal Italian dressing are nasty. I'd rather use balsamic vinegar and alittle olive oil.

I did try Wishbone's Just 2 Good Ranch and I liked it.

I hate the low and fat free dressings. I don’t care for the vinegar based dressings either.

I have to watch my cholesterol so a trick I use is to have my dressing on the side. I dip my fork into the dressing and then spear my salad. I get dressing with each bite and I use only a fraction of the dressing.

Chessie

I think Wishbone Fat Free Italian is delicious. Everyone in my home loves it, and recently we had friends over for lunch and they also raved about the dressing. IMHO you can't tell it's fat-free. I also use it as a marinade for chicken breasts or london broil, it's relly great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter