Can anyone share their New Years Eve experience on DCL? Thanks!!

Toulou

Mouseketeer
Can anyone share their New Years Eve experience on DCL? I am wondering if the difference is worth it. I'm looking at a 4-day from Port Canaveral.

We sailed on the Magic from Miami this past NYE. I don’t know if it would be the same on the Dream, but this is what I remember. We got a special print and a set of 3 chocolate bars in our stateroom. We had fireworks on NYE in addition to pirate night fireworks. The NYE party on deck had free champagne (cider for a non-alcoholic drink) and lots of delicious appetizers being served on platters by CMs. The free drinks came in a special plastic flute that said Disney Cruise Line/Happy New Year 2019. We saved ours but after midnight the CMs were quickly grabbing them to throw away, so hold on to yours if you want to keep it!

We were at Castaway Cay on New Year’s Day and that was a great way to start the year. We had a fabulous cruise and paid a ridiculous amount between booking late and the NYE premium. It was worth it to us because we really wanted to get away for several reasons but I don’t know if the premium would be worth it for you.

We did NYE twice, on Wonder(2017) and Fantasy(2019). Our experience was the same as PP. Special chocolate and lithograph in the room, party hats, deck party with food and free bubbly, a special menu in the MDRs, fireworks on two nights.

That sounds like fun! I just wanted to do a safe yet satisfyingly evening! We didn't do this one yet and mine just may be a last minute, send the year off right! TY

We sailed the Magic over New Year's 2015/16, and had the same experience described above. We're going to sail the Fantasy over New Year's this year. It's a very nice way to celebrate New Year's, with all of the logistics taken care of, no traffic on the way home from the fireworks, etc.

Last edited:
Can anyone share their New Years Eve experience on DCL? I am wondering if the difference is worth it. I'm looking at a 4-day from Port Canaveral.
We are trying to decide on this as well! Never cruised DCL over a holiday.

We are trying to decide on this as well! Never cruised DCL over a holiday.
Christmas was great! We actually ended up doing 2 short cruises b2b last year. We had fun making, (photo op), and then eating the gingerbread men...twice! Between the decorations galore and the gingerbread house, I felt that all I needed was snow....oh wait, they had that too!! If I didn't do a DCL Christmas, I would be it instead of New Years.

You'll also need to remember that the thinnest part of the ship's hull is where the propeller shafts exit out of the stern. Then you'll know which way to go when it happens . . .

Came across this thread by googling NYE on Disney cruise.

I realize it’s an old thread, but I’m wondering how dressed up people get. Or more accurately, what’s the least dressed up that I can be. Not a party pooper, just not accustomed to dressing up.

Last edited:
Well it's been a hot minute since we did ours (2006 NYE) - So there may be a lot of changes since we did ours, but we loved that the Christmas decorations were still up too. They had a huge balloon drop from the ceiling in the atrium on ours at midnight. The atrium was PACKED though, pretty sure every passenger was in there :earboy2:

Attachments

• IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 18
Did they give you noisemakers, or should we bring some?

We sailed on the Magic from Miami this past NYE. I don’t know if it would be the same on the Dream, but this is what I remember. We got a special print and a set of 3 chocolate bars in our stateroom. We had fireworks on NYE in addition to pirate night fireworks. The NYE party on deck had free champagne (cider for a non-alcoholic drink) and lots of delicious appetizers being served on platters by CMs. The free drinks came in a special plastic flute that said Disney Cruise Line/Happy New Year 2019. We saved ours but after midnight the CMs were quickly grabbing them to throw away, so hold on to yours if you want to keep it!

I wonder if the lithograph will be the same for the Christmas Cruise and the New Years cruise, and if so - how much I can sell the second one for on ebay. ;)
We did NYE twice, on Wonder(2017) and Fantasy(2019). Our experience was the same as PP. Special chocolate and lithograph in the room, party hats, deck party with food and free bubbly, a special menu in the MDRs, fireworks on two nights.

Since our pirate night is on New Year's Eve, does anyone know what menu we will get? Excited to be on the Wish this New Year's Eve!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter