Can anyone tell me your experience with these Disney Pop Century rooms with different types of handicap bathrooms?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Can anyone tell me your experience with these Disney Pop Century rooms with different types of handicap bathrooms?

Standard Room. Wheelchair is accessible with roll-in shower and option for hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table.

1 Queen-Size Table Bed and 1 Queen Bed
Sleeps up to 4 Adults
Wheelchair-Accessible Route in Room
Grab Bars at Toilet and in Shower
Optional Communication Features for Guests with Hearing Disabilities Include:
Visual Alarm
Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
Visual Telephone Call Alert
Telephone with Volume Control
Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In
These features are guaranteed and do not require an extra charge.

room-2g-g01.jpg

I have stayed in one of these rooms with a roll-in shower.

~1'-8.1" h Queen bed mattress height to the floor [~20-1/4"]
9" h Queen bed platform height to floor
6" h Underneath space of Queen bed platform height to floor

Standard Room. 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table.

1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen-Size Table Bed
Sleeps up to 4 Adults
Visual Alarm

room-gg-g01.jpg

I have stayed in one of these rooms, but I don't have measurements of the bed platform. It was a lot higher and a lot more space under the platform bed. Regular bathroom. A connecting room door in the top left.

Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and 1 king bed.

1 King Bed
Sleeps up to 2 Adults
Grab Bars at Toilet and in Shower
Visual Alarm

room-3g-g00.jpg

This is a King size bedroom with a roll-in shower. I didn't see this one, but several cast members said that this King room was next to my room #0203 in room #0204. The resort was full so I couldn't see it on my last visit. The door is not recessed. The king bed appears low like the one I stayed in.

room-3g-g01.jpg

The King room does have a connecting room door. in the top right. It is interesting that there are curtains instead of a sliding door.

Standard Room. Florida special accessible room with option for hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table.

Sleeps up to 4 Adults
Grab Bars at Toilet
Open Bed Frame
Lower Toilet Height
Portable Raised Toilet Seat Available
Optional Communication Features for Guests With Hearing Disabilities Include:
Visual Alarm
Telephone With Volume Control

room-gh-g01.jpg

This bed is also tall and there is a connecting room door.

room-gh-g00.jpg

It is interesting that it has a recessed alcove of the door since it is not a roll-in shower room.

room-gh-g04.jpg

This is what the Florida ADA accessible bathroom looks like compared to a roll-in shower bathroom. The bath/shower and toilet have a sliding door separating the sinck area. The toilet has a fold-down handrail. But I don't see any handrails inside this particular bath/shower.

Standard Room. Florida special accessible room. 1 king bed.

Sleeps up to 2 Adults
Grab Bars at Toilet
Open Bed Frame
Lower Toilet Height
Portable Raised Toilet Seat Available
Optional Communication Features for Guests With Hearing Disabilities Include:
Visual Alarm
Telephone With Volume Control

room-gk-g00.jpg

King room with recessed alcove doorway.

room-gk-g01.jpg

HIgh bed with connecting room door.

room-gk-g04.jpg

The sliding door separating the sink area from the toilet and bath/shower area. Toilet fold-down handrail, but no handrails in bath/shower.

Wheelchair accessible with tub and 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table.

Sleeps up to 4 Adults
Grab Bars at Toilet and Tub
Visual Alarm

This is an interesting room from my perspective because of the bathroom. I'll have to remember the term Wheelchair accessible with tub next time.

room-gu-g00.jpg

The doorway is not recessed for an alcove. The bed is lower.

room-gu-g04.jpg

room-gx-g04.jpg

I can't see the toilet. So I don't know if it has handrails. But what is different is the bath/shower has plenty of handrails. I bet a shower chair could fit in it also. It looks like the sink is close enough to use as support, too.

Of special note:

room-gi-g04.jpg

I don't know which room this is located in, but instead of a bath/shower, it is just a shower which is even more interest to me because it is a shower, and it has handrails and it has a fold-down handrail between the shower and the toilet.

I would really be interested in this type of room if anyone has had any experience using this one.

Has anyone seen any different bathrooms?

Has anyone had personal experiences using these different bath/shower rooms?

I like the lower beds, Murphy bed with table and the handrails in the bath/shower.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're referring to?

Are you talking about the accessible rooms?

I ended up in one last summer even though I had not requested nor needed an accessible room.
The bathroom was all one room with toilet, sink, and roll in shower.
Since my sister is tall and everything was a bit lower we asked if there was another room and were moved.
Not sure if that's what you want to know about?

Not sure what you're referring to?

Are you talking about the accessible rooms?

I ended up in one last summer even though I had not requested nor needed an accessible room.
The bathroom was all one room with a toilet, sink, and roll in shower.
Since my sister is tall and everything was a bit lower we asked if there was another room and were moved.
Not sure if that's what you want to know about?

Hi, Floppy-Dee33. I was interested in the rooms with lower platform beds versus the higher standard beds. I was also interested in the different rooms with showers only with handrails and the bath/shower rooms with handrails.

So far, I have only been using the roll-in shower rooms and with the lower beds.

I think that I might be able to use the lower bedrooms that have just a shower and not a tub and it also has handrails.

The list of types of rooms is mind-boggling to me.

Hi, Floppy-Dee33. I was interested in the rooms with lower platform beds versus the higher standard beds. I was also interested in the different rooms with showers only with handrails and the bath/shower rooms with handrails.

So far, I have only been using the roll-in shower rooms and with the lower beds.

I think that I might be able to use the lower bedrooms that have just a shower and not a tub and it also has handrails.

The list of types of rooms is mind-boggling to me.

I agree!

I wish there was a way to select the top 2 or 3 room features you really need; I know for some of us it would be roll-in showers, but other folks might put lower bed frames as a higher priority.

I would love to be able to select a room by accessibility feature rather than room type someday. I generally prefer the “Florida special”, but sometimes just get a regular room. I need wheelchair space, but because of muscle tension related to my Cerebral Palsy a bath is a necessity.

Dear Mr. Ray,

I have stayed in the king bed room with roll in shower. What can I answer for you? Feel free to PM me.

Jenny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!