Can anything be done (don't read unless you want to be ticked off)

No they weren't. They were callous, cruel,and selfish, however none of those characteristics apply to individuals with intellectual disabilities any more frequently than they do to anyone else. Please don't use or repeat that slur anywhere, but particularly not here.
I missed that in reading quickly.
Thanks for everyone who pointed out that the term used was not an appropriate one to use.

We had this happen to us as well. Not exactly the same way. We took our five year old high fuctioning autistic daughter to Disneyland for Thanksgiving. She can't handle lines, because of the people, mostly. The wait is hard too,but if there are no people around the wait isn't that awful. Too many people cause sensory overload, which cause major meltdowns, then self injurous behavors. But I am sure most of you know how that can go!

While waiting in line for the Dumbo ride, in which was spent THREE days just trying to get in the line because of the fear of hights with Georgia. It was mommy's proud moment when we actually were in the line itself! Anyway, there was a group in front of us who go on, but didnt have the feather they needed to load. So they had to exit and wait again. SO the lady says to us...."isnt it great having a pass to get on before everyone else. Its like getting away with Disneyland murder" I then was taken back by this comment, and said "excuse me" she said "you know you just tell them that you are mental or something and you are treated like the Queens you are" I was ready to throw blows. I looked at my husband who said "What is going to happen when the day comes when you will actually need to use the GAC, buti t wont be there because people like you who abuse it now" The CM over heard, gave them a look, and they left the ride!! I was floored. I dont know why she said it to us, maybe because we look "normal".

We actually got flamed by a CM at Pirates, The special needs line was longer then the regular line by about a 10 minute wait. The CM was telling everyone if they could to use the other line because it was shorter. We kindly told her it was ok we would stay here. She then looked at us , then my daughter and said "You can walk, I see, there is no reason you should be in this line" I kindly told her that my daughter was autisitc and even though the line might be shorter, it was one we couldn't get out of if my daughter had a meltdown and needed to exit the line due to people running and shoving to get to the line faster, but thanked her for letting us know we could walk and the other line was shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter