Can CRT pull Credits In Advance?

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
I paid cash for our CRT ADR, but plan to convert it to the DDP once purchased; ADR is day 5 of our week. Has anyone ever tried calling CRT to convert cash to credits before your vacation begins? I would like them to go ahead and pull our credits out of the bank so that we know those are not available and don't accidentally use too many.

They cannot do that. You do not have "credits" before check-in, and they cannot charge you in advance once you're there.

So, is it possible if I call them immediately after checkin?
No, it is not.

They cannot charge you in advance. Even when you book CRT and use credits to hold, you could use all your credits before getting to the castle and have to pay cash on arrival. There is no process by which anyone can pre-pay with credits.

I've just made little cards for my meal and snack credits - one color is TS, one color is QS, one color is Snacks, then I numbered them (and labeled TS or QS) and put them in a ziplock baggie. My plan is to remove the cards for each credit as I use it so I know. No cards, I either don't get it or I pay OOP.

You could just remove the CRT ones before they even go into your baggie so you don't "spend" them.

I paid cash for our CRT ADR, but plan to convert it to the DDP once purchased; ADR is day 5 of our week. Has anyone ever tried calling CRT to convert cash to credits before your vacation begins? I would like them to go ahead and pull our credits out of the bank so that we know those are not available and don't accidentally use too many.
Stop at Guest Services at your resort after you've arrived. They should be able to apply the credit back to your credit card and switch your payment method to the Dining Plan. I've done this with an HDDR ADR in the past. If they are able to do this it will still not solve your issue of wanting the credits used early. Dining credits are only redeemed as payment at the actual time of your meal. You will need to keep track of your allotment and usage of credits to ensure you don't use them all up in advance of your CRT meal.

I called ahead of time to have ours switched from cash to credits. Much easier than in person!

Also, have you seen the new feature on MDE where it tells you how many credits you have left? I'm hoping it helps us next week, but it doesn't show up right now. There's currently a message saying it will appear once we're at our resort.

We are dining at CRT in December. We have DXDP, so we all be using credits. But, you still have to give them credit card details in advance, the credits only become active once you are there, and you can tell them when you are seated, that you are paying with dining credits.

I have a holiday plan a4 page that tracks our dining and FPs and credit use, so I know what we have and have allocated with our ADRs. I also have an a5 card which has a list of all the TS and snack entitlements in a different colour for each person, so, each time someone uses one, we can cross it off, so, we know EXACTLY what is left at any point. (Thus far, we are going to have a few TS credits left at the end of our stay. If this happens, some family in LTT at lunch time on the 23rd December is getting their lunch on us)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter