Can DCA handle the pressure?

When they announced the May 31 opening date they announced this plan. Basically by all accounts they can't seen to keep ROTR running for more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time and it takes several hours to get it back up and running and this is happening on both coasts. As usual, there are politics as to how this ended becoming an issue due to complications with company that made the ride system, but it is what it is now and Disney has to live with the consequences of the intentional choices they made.

Yikes.

My opinion on the new blackout dates is that it’s going to make Disneyland actually less crowded this summer while DCA will only see a slight increase or none at all. I’m a fan of DCA but I’m thinking that there aren’t that many ap’s that will come to the DLR just to get in that one park. I’m local and sometimes I will pop in to the resort for just a few hours to get something to eat, ride something or see a show. Even when I’m there for a short period I still park hop. And I think I’m in the minority when it comes to being there for a short period. Most ppl are there all day or close to it. I definitely wouldn’t come just to get into DCA.

I know a lot of people here take trips to the DLR and you buy non park hop tickets. But the DLR population is still primarily comprised of ap’s. We’ve been used to being able to jump to either park whenever we want. Take that option away and the resort doesn’t feel right. It would suck feeling like you were trapped in one park
This is concerning for me. I'm considering a trip in early August. I am a little worried about crowds at DCA, but hopeful it will be ok. I was thinking along the same lines as you that DL could be less crowded. However, Disney indicated that they could add days back. So now I'm worried that could happen in August if the parks are not packed enough in July.

They won't get SWGE all day, when you get your reservation or after that boarding pass, it will only let you stay in the land for a few hours by all accounts. So time will be limited, not sure how it will be enforced, but that us what is currently being said.

I agree with that, especially short-term. But I still think most people with any interest in Star Wars are going to see the DL half of DLR as a 2-day park based on the additions and expected long lines. For a loooong time.

I could see myself making a "Star Wars day" -- SWGE for rides and maybe later for walking around looking at details, eating, etc., Star Tours, character meets, shopping. DH and DSs would eat that up. In Florida at Universal, many people do just that with the Harry Potter lands -- devote a whole day to rides, food, shops, shows, etc.

PHXscuba

I agree with that, especially short-term. But I still think most people with any interest in Star Wars are going to see the DL half of DLR as a 2-day park based on the additions and expected long lines. For a loooong time.

I could see myself making a "Star Wars day" -- SWGE for rides and maybe later for walking around looking at details, eating, etc., Star Tours, character meets, shopping. DH and DSs would eat that up. In Florida at Universal, many people do just that with the Harry Potter lands -- devote a whole day to rides, food, shops, shows, etc.

PHXscuba
We’re in the planning stages of our first DL trip, and this is exactly what we’re doing. While I originally planned on a 3-day trip, we’ve decided to increase to 4 days - 2 for “regular” DLP, 1 for DCA, and 1 just for Star Wars. Of course, my DH is a lifelong Star Wars fanatic and will want to explore every detail.

We’re in the planning stages of our first DL trip, and this is exactly what we’re doing. While I originally planned on a 3-day trip, we’ve decided to increase to 4 days - 2 for “regular” DLP, 1 for DCA, and 1 just for Star Wars. Of course, my DH is a lifelong Star Wars fanatic and will want to explore every detail.

Watching DH meet Darth Vader was the unexpected highlight of our last trip. I kind of had to talk him into doing it because he is generally not a big character-meet fan but he IS a big Darth fan. I won't spoil what happened when DH met him but it was AWESOME! He still talks about it. I am dying knowing it will probably be a year after SWGE opens that we get to walk up to the Millenium Falcon in person; one of us may cry and I'm not sure which one!

PHXscuba

Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter