Can DVC owners get the free DDP with MYW Tx

goofyguy1958

My son the dinoboy!!
I just read that there is another giveaway for the DDP with the MYW tx and resort stay purchase starting on 13-AUG-2006 - the day we arrive at SSR. Can we get the free plan when we purchase our MYW tx?

The free dining has to be part of a 'package'...if you are staying on points, then you aren't on a package. So, nope...free dining just isn't an option for DVC.

When it was offered last year a few members gleefully announced how they booked a room @ AS w/free dining offer. They didn't actually stay there though. Bought 1 night MYW tix (didn't use) and enjoyed the DP.:confused3

IMO, this is one of the reasons the AS are enforcing the $10 surcharge on adults 18 & older. Were registering phantom guests to get additional dining credits. Where does it stop?

That's really depressing to read Keisha. :sad2:

Don't know why but, it really disturbed me.

I'm always trying to get a good deal on our travels, probably comes from the days when we absolutely had to or didn't get to go. Just kept thinking about the family who wouldn't be able to take their 1st trip to WDW because the pkg. room was booked (and sitting empty).

bicker said:
That's really depressing to read Keisha. :sad2:

Just remember that the "free" dining plan really isn't. It requires the booking at RACK RATE, and most folks can do better than that anywhere. Since DVC is a timeshare that features kitchens etc, there would be no reason to give "free" dining for something like that. Of course, you COULD get it by paying RACK RATE for a DVC room. Most owners would see no value in doing that just to get "free" dining.

keishashadow said:
Don't know why but, it really disturbed me.

I'm always trying to get a good deal on our travels, probably comes from the days when we absolutely had to or didn't get to go. Just kept thinking about the family who wouldn't be able to take their 1st trip to WDW because the pkg. room was booked (and sitting empty).

Yes! That's how I feel about it, too. Especially during a time when free dining is offered - the value rooms are sure to be in demand. We have options, some folks don't.

DisFlan

Someone raised the issue this morning, in another thread, about why Free Dining isn't available for folks reserving campsites at FtW. Could you imagine the abuse if folks could get $160 worth of dining per day (or more!) for just $39? And then, of course, folks who really need campsites wouldn't be able to get them because they're all booked up by folks booking them just for the "free" dining, and staying somewhere else (even off-site!)

bicker said:
Someone raised the issue this morning, in another thread, about why Free Dining isn't available for folks reserving campsites at FtW. Could you imagine the abuse if folks could get $160 worth of dining per day (or more!) for just $39? And then, of course, folks who really need campsites wouldn't be able to get them because they're all booked up by folks booking them just for the "free" dining, and staying somewhere else (even off-site!)

I've read lots of posts on the Budget board about doing this for the regular dining plan. I can imagine all who would do it for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!