Can I ask a crazy question?

FigaroandFifi

Mouseketeer
Well maybe it isn't so crazy but here goes. I found the historical AP discounts and dates online for RO reservations, it looks like they are typically the same year to year, is that what you all seem to think?

Does anyone have a really good way of figuring out IF it is worth it? I know the more expensive the resort, typically the bigger the discount and IF my math is correct, it would be a no brainer at that point, :goodvibes. Here is my example:

Based on the offers now I think I had seen:

40% off at Saratoga and OKW
25% at AofA.

Running quick numbers it looks like for just a little bit more I can stay at OKW or Saratoga but I am truly not so sure I want to. Then when I look at what the deals have been in the past, it looks like the last couple years they offered 35% at AofA in Sept. when we are planning to go which makes the numbers a bit further apart but not too badly.

The last time I got the AP, I was in the parks and realized I was coming back in like 6 months so I just upgraded my tickets before I left. After I got back from trip 2, DH and I planned a last minute trip that we took right as my AP was expiring so with no other trips planned at that point, I decided not to renew. This trip I am planning right now I think would be right around the time my AP would have expired (or maybe a few days later not really sure) if I had renewed. So my thought is, just buy another one if it makes sense. So I am looking at:

Cost of AP and comparing it to cost of tickets, hotel, and MM and trying to see if it would be cheaper to buy the AP. The trip is only 5 days in the parks (maybe 4 if we decide to go to the Halloween party, then I would just use that ticket only that day, the rest would be DS or pool time). Since I am not sure of the party, I am planning for 5 day tickets. I am leaving meals and "stuff" discounts out of the equation right now because I am not sure if I will get the meal plan this time or not. (my first AP trip we had it, the one with DH we didn't). And the "stuff" discount I get with the visa so I still get a discount on "stuff" regardless (not sure if they are the same though).

Does anyone know of a calculator that will help me or know of anything that I am missing that should be included in the decision?

I should say that I cannot play with dates too much because DH doesn't want to go in the summer, he wants to go when the kids are back in school for the crowd levels. I know that means after labor day but he wants to go later in the month. We went last September when we did because my AP was going to expire and I was trying to get us there and back before that happened. So I planned for later this time hoping maybe the temps will drop a degree or 2 lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter