Can I book a ressie & then transfer it when the Candlelight packages open up?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
So if I wanted to make sure we at least had a table at any given restaurant (lets say Via Napoli) the night of a candlelight processional show, can I book the dining at the 180 day mark and then when the CP packages open up whenever, just call in and transfer my regular ressie into a CP ressie? If not, does it even help to book Napoli in advance for CP dining purposes?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I’m not sure how it would work for the CP, but I can tell you what happened for Fantasmic. When our 180+ days opened I was able to get a Hollywood & Vine reservation at 4:50pm (180+3). Fantasmic dinner package wasn’t yet available for Nov. This past weekend the early nov Fantasmic dates opened so I called hoping they could transfer my H&V to a H&V + Fantasmic package. They could not do this, and were seeing NO availability at H&V for dinner. I had to cancel my dinner before it would show up so ended up rebooking at the same time for H&V + Fantasmic. (This involved 3 separate phone calls to Dining, hence 3 wait times, and a bunch of stress so I’m hoping to save you from the same scenario!) So, I do recommend having a reservation because only you will know that you’re canceling at that time and the CM can then refresh and see your time pop up and grab it for you. Had I not made the reservation before the Fantasmic packages were released, I certainly would not have gotten this reservation, if that makes sense. For some reason I was not able to book Fantasmic on my own, using either a desktop computer (Chrome) or phone browser (safari) (I know it doesn’t work with the app either). Not sure how CP is but might make sense to just call, have the CM cancel your restaurant reservation and then immediately rebook it as a CP before anyone can snatch up the time.

You cannot transfer a regular ADR to a CP ADR, they are separate inventory. I always book an ADR for every night of our trip. WHen the CP package ADR's open up I book the one that works for my family and drop the ADR that is now redundant.

I'm finding that the restaurants that will be on the dinner package are currently not open for reservations even without the package. Disney is holding back ADR's pending release of the Candlelight package. In otherwords, At your 180 day mark you will most likely not be able to book the restaurant if its one that will be available as part of the package. Can't book until Disney announces the Candlelight dates and decides how many ADR's to release without the package.

No the CP packages must be booked separately. You shouldn't have a problem booking one once they release them. We got a CP dining package for Neil Patrick Harris last year a couple of weeks before!

I don’t think all ADR’s are held back for CP. I was able to book at Trattoria on a CP night just yesterday at the time I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!