can i book two rooms online, or do i need to call member services?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
I need to book two rooms (a studio and a 2 bedroom).
Can i do that myself online?
Or do i need to call member services.

when i looked at my account, it didn't seem like there is any way to say i need more than one room.
I figured i could book one room and then the other room, and then call member services to link them together.

What's the best way to go about reserving two rooms?

You can only book one room at a time. This applies to both online and by phone with MS.

so that means i should book the 2 bedroom and finish that reservation online.
Then start another reservation for the same time, for a studio, finish that reservation online.
Then call member services and have them linked together?

is that correct?

You can't actually "link" them together, as in one reservation number. You can call, email or chat with member services to note a request that the room be near each other and add a "traveling with" notation. And remember that each room will need one person age 18+ on the reservation.

so that means i should book the 2 bedroom and finish that reservation online.
Then start another reservation for the same time, for a studio, finish that reservation online.
Then call member services and have them linked together?

is that correct?

MS will "link" reservations for separate, but consecutive, reservations for the same room type and resort (usually done when a member uses two different use years for the reservations). It would not "link" a 2BR and a studio reservation. It will put in a "traveling with" or close-to-each-other request for the two rooms, in the hope of getting them near each other, but that is non-guaranteed request (and just be aware that I have made the same request four times, and never actually gotten it, e.g., twice the rooms were on the same floor but distant from each other, and the other two times they were on different floors.

Also, if reserving two rooms, it is best to have the lead name on each reservation different to avoid the risk of MS cancelling one of them.

As to which reservation to do first, it depends on usual availability. If the studio is one of those that is usually harder to get than a 2BR at 11-months out (or 7 months out), you may want to do the studio first.

You can't actually "link" them together, as in one reservation number. You can call, email or chat with member services to note a request that the room be near each other and add a "traveling with" notation. And remember that each room will need one person age 18+ on the reservation.

the studio is my daughter and son in law, the 2 BR lockoff is my son and his family in the one bedroom and DH and me in the locked off studio.
so no problem with ages

MS will "link" reservations for separate, but consecutive, reservations for the same room type and resort (usually done when a member uses two different use years for the reservations). It would not "link" a 2BR and a studio reservation. It will put in a "traveling with" or close-to-each-other request for the two rooms, in the hope of getting them near each other, but that is non-guaranteed request (and just be aware that I have made the same request four times, and never actually gotten it, e.g., twice the rooms were on the same floor but distant from each other, and the other two times they were on different floors.

Also, if reserving two rooms, it is best to have the lead name on each reservation different to avoid the risk of MS cancelling one of them.

As to which reservation to do first, it depends on usual availability. If the studio is one of those that is usually harder to get than a 2BR at 11-months out (or 7 months out), you may want to do the studio first.

that's annoying....i guess it's a good thing i'm not doing 3 different rooms, but instead putting our 3 groups into a studio and a 2BR lockoff.
in 2017, before we bought DVC, we stayed at SSR for 3 weeks for cash.
i reserved two 2 bedrooms and the reservations were of course linked - it was a package purchased from disney itself.
When we got there, we found the two rooms on far sides of the same building, but a good healthy walk from one side to the other.
And given we had a 2 and 3 year old in the group, we were really angry about it.
Especially since we were there for 21 days. You'd think with a 21 day reservation, they'd make an effort to get it right.
Well, i raised hell. Did that obnoxious "i paid "$25,000 for these rooms" that's so embarrassing but i was livid.
They finally relented and moved us to just around the corner.
It made all the difference in the world.

the worst part of that story is thinking how i could have used that $25,000 to buy more points LOL......

since this time, DH and i will be with the family with kids (in the lockoff), it's less of an issue. It will be easy to babysit, etc.
Last time, we were in the two bedroom with my daughter and son in law and my son and his family were in the 2 BR on the far side of the moon.
This time, he decided they'll make do with just the one bedroom for the 5 of them, with us in the lockoff studio.
And if my daughter and son in law in their studio are a distance away, it will be ok.

Last edited:
I've always had good luck with the traveling with notations at OKW, have always been either in same building or adjacent buildings.

Two different reservations are never linked. You just add the notation "traveling with" and the other reservation number to give the Room Scheduler the information they need to get you close to each other. If you have two reservations that one is for the start and you added a separate reservation for the end of the trip, both the same resort, same booking category and you want to stay in the same villa, you link them by adding "continuing reservation" and the other reservation number. If they are different resorts, different booking categories, they aren't linked at all.

When it comes time to make your reservations, do the studio first since studios usually book up first. Then book the two bedroom. Or have someone else book it for your on a different computer at the same time.

Two different reservations are never linked. You just add the notation "traveling with" and the other reservation number to give the Room Scheduler the information they need to get you close to each other. If you have two reservations that one is for the start and you added a separate reservation for the end of the trip, both the same resort, same booking category and you want to stay in the same villa, you link them by adding "continuing reservation" and the other reservation number. If they are different resorts, different booking categories, they aren't linked at all.

When it comes time to make your reservations, do the studio first since studios usually book up first. Then book the two bedroom. Or have someone else book it for your on a different computer at the same time.
can two computers be inside the same DVC account at the same time. booking two different rooms?

when DD and i stayed at BLT last august, i used our SSR points (not the BLT points) so i had to wait until 7 months.
i was able to get almost the entire 14 day stay
Only the last day wasn't available in lake view, so i waitlisted lake view for that day.
in the end, i did get that last day as a separate reservation, so i called member services and she actually merged the two reservations into one, which was awesome. I didn't have to worry about being left in the same room that way.,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter