Can I bring a VCR into the resorts?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
I also posted this on the resorts board.

My DH and I are taking our 1yo son to the Poly late January. I know the Poly doesn't have VCRs, but I was wondering if the tv's have the necessary hookups so I could bring my own (we're driving down from NY). Main reason is when my son gets very upset (ie, teething, last night) he's really hard to console him - he's in so much pain, my little guy. Once I put an Elmo video on though, he gets memorized. I've never stayed in a hotel with him before and am just nervous about upsetting the neighbors if he's having a really bad night.

Thanks.

If I were you, I'd call and ask. My guess is that the TVs are bolted or attached somehow and that you can't pull them out enough to attach something in the back, but I've never tried.

If it's a huge deal, there are some types of rooms that come with VCRs. At least some of the home away from home rooms do, and some of the suites do as well. The book WDW for Couples has excellent descriptions of the rooms that would let you know. (I gave mine away, so I can't look it up.)

Do you have one of the combo TV/VCR for your car or van , or could you borrow one? Most have both a car adaptor and a regular A/C adaptor.You could just bring this into the room and have the added bonus of having it for your long trip down! Also he could watch his videos and you and Hubby can watch something else!
Have fun and hope this helps.

Jordan's mom

We have a son who has autistic tendencies and he is very very routine oriented. DD watches a Barney (I know not Disney....) every night before bed. We called the hotel directly and asked about VCRS (we have stayed in the Poly , the Beach Club, The Wilderness Lodge and the Dolphin none of which have VCR's in the rooms. We were given the # of a company (Magic Video if I remember correctly) We called and made the arrangements . They had the VCR all set up when we arrived and they took care of it when we left. On the last trip the CM at the fromt desk had to send someone down to the room to make sure it was there when we checked out but this is the only time they have done that. I don't remember the price of the renting of the VCR but it was not very much. We would have paid anything jsut for the piece of mind knowing we could keep to a routine. Just an added bit of info...We were able to get a VCR on the Disney Cruise (The Wonder) We called ahead and they had it waiting in our staeroom, this was a little more $ then we paid at the park but it was worth it. We had a problem with one of the VCR's on our first trip and we called Magic and they came and repaired it while we were in the park.The Dolphin gave us the VCR at no charge, they took it out of one of the conference rooms . Just make sure you make the arrangements BEFORE you go and call the day before to confirm. Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the responses.

Jordan's Mom - we've thought about the tv/vcr combo. We have a Honda Accord, and my husband borrowed his friend's 13" combo, and it didn't fit in the car safely. I'm just too nervous to rig it in somehow. I think those combos are better suited for a larger car, unfortunately :( - sure would've been nice for the drive down though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter