Can I bring an electric kettle?

Is the oatmeal served in a regular container on the buffet or in a pot like this? View attachment 457479

I know you asked this in December, but I see that it wasn't answered. If I remember correctly it's in something that sort of looks like a soup container sunk into the buffet. So I couldn't say what it looks like under the counter. Of course, who the hell knows what any of this is going to be like when we get to go back. Cabanas is likely to be a totally different experience in the future. Sigh.

Just fyi the resorts aren't offering room service now due to all of the cost-cutting.
I'm not going until Halloween 2021 so hopefully there'll be some kind of system or place set up to make such things like bring in hot water to the room easier.

Found my way here searching for whether I can take a kettle or if one can be provided and found the tip about having a thermos in the room or ordering hot water on room service helpful, thanks! I now just need to figure out where I can get the hot water from in the resorts, if I don't order room service...

In the resorts there is a labelled (usually red) hot water spiggot in the QS where the coffee machines are; it is usually used for making tea and hot chocolate.

You could try running just water through the coffee maker in the room, but that usually results in water that tastes somewhat like coffee.

Some people have reported success in asking housekeeping/the front desk for a kettle for the room.

If you are doing a resort stay before or after a cruise, you could pack a small travel kettle, use it for the resort stay, and have DCL confiscate it for the cruise - they will return it at the end of the cruise.

ETA: since you know they will confiscate it since it is prohibited, I suggest bringing it with you in a labelled bag (dont put it in your checked bags), then they can just take it at the port. We avoid this problem because we have a stay pre and post at WDW so we leave prohibited items with resort Bell Services.

SW

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion of oatmeal at cabana’s....but I’m extremely picky and I only eat Quaker maple & brown sugar oatmeal! Lol! I was thinking of just taking some packets along (I do whenever we travel). My hubby laughs at me because he loves a huge breakfast and makes one for himself every weekend morning but I just happily eat my oatmeal and say no thanks!

I bring some packets of Quaker maple and brown sugar oatmeal with me on most trips, including our cruises. It makes a quick meal or snack an is handy to have.

We bring a small thermos with us and will fill it with hot water from the station on the pool deck. The one we have keeps the water quite hot for many hours, so we can fill it late at night and it is still very hot in the morning. Handy for tea (or oatmeal). Its also easy enough to just quickly throw on some clothes and go refill it. In the early hours of the morning hardly anyone is on deck and those who are are often either runners or in PJs or tossed together clothes ;-)

SW

I noticed one of the posters admitting trying to sneak one on board. Please do not do this. This a safety issue and I am telling you from experience you do not want to be on a ship that is on fire in the middle of the ocean. So please do not jeopardize the lives of your family or other families because you want some hot water in your stateroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter