Can I bring an electric kettle?

StarSeven7

DIS Veteran
I'm guessing the answer is no but I thought I'd ask if I can bring an electric kettle onboard to use in the room?

I tried to sneak in a real small one a few cruises ago and they 'confiscated' it, it was in one of the suitcases.. they have real good X-rays because, how th do they detect a kettle? Anyway, I picked it up upon debarking.

My solution the following cruise was to bring a real good thermos and, as @DisneyPiPhi said, I headed to the pool deck and filled the thermos with hot water.. and it's super hot so it worked like a charm. From the thermos to the cup with the instant coffee I bring with me. (I just can't stand the 'free' coffee.. its just hot brown water)

Thanks everyone! I kinda figured but I was hoping! I usually bring my small electric kettle with me on trips because I typically eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast and I was thinking I would do that on mornings that we have room service (maybe if we're getting up earlier?) I like to eat right away in the morning before I shower or get ready in any way so it's nice if I can just make it when I get up. I guess I will just order hot water (and maybe a bowl and spoon?) with the room service and just have it arrive at my earliest possible wake up time! I might be able to talk DH into getting hot water at the beverage station for me so I don't have to get dressed first but he's usually up after me and in no rush whatsoever so I would definitely be waiting on him then! Lol!

They have oatmeal at Cabanas. You can take a bowl of it to your stateroom if you wish, you don't have to stay at Cabanas when you eat. No will care if your hair/make up isn't done yet, just toss on a t-shirt and shorts when you go get it. I get up a lot earlier than my family so I often run up there, grab something to eat in the room as I get ready.

Thanks everyone! I kinda figured but I was hoping! I usually bring my small electric kettle with me on trips because I typically eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast and I was thinking I would do that on mornings that we have room service (maybe if we're getting up earlier?) I like to eat right away in the morning before I shower or get ready in any way so it's nice if I can just make it when I get up. I guess I will just order hot water (and maybe a bowl and spoon?) with the room service and just have it arrive at my earliest possible wake up time! I might be able to talk DH into getting hot water at the beverage station for me so I don't have to get dressed first but he's usually up after me and in no rush whatsoever so I would definitely be waiting on him then! Lol!
I think they have Oatmeal in Cabanas, but I'm not sure about on the room service menu. If you're game or have someone who can go for you, you could get some from there, rather than bringing your own.

I guess I will just order hot water (and maybe a bowl and spoon?) with the room service and just have it arrive at my earliest possible wake up time! I might be able to talk DH into getting hot water at the beverage station for me so I don't have to get dressed first but he's usually up after me and in no rush whatsoever so I would definitely be waiting on him then! Lol!

I've heard of people ordering carafes of coffee from room service the night before to drink in the morning and it still being hot in the morning. You could try that with hot water.

I tried to sneak in a real small one a few cruises ago and they 'confiscated' it, it was in one of the suitcases.. they have real good X-rays because, how th do they detect a kettle? Anyway, I picked it up upon debarking.

My solution the following cruise was to bring a real good thermos and, as @DisneyPiPhi said, I headed to the pool deck and filled the thermos with hot water.. and it's super hot so it worked like a charm. From the thermos to the cup with the instant coffee I bring with me. (I just can't stand the 'free' coffee.. its just hot brown water)
It is hot brown water. It really, really is.

Thanks for the suggestion of oatmeal at cabana’s....but I’m extremely picky and I only eat Quaker maple & brown sugar oatmeal! Lol! I was thinking of just taking some packets along (I do whenever we travel). My hubby laughs at me because he loves a huge breakfast and makes one for himself every weekend morning but I just happily eat my oatmeal and say no thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion of oatmeal at cabana’s....but I’m extremely picky and I only eat Quaker maple & brown sugar oatmeal! Lol! I was thinking of just taking some packets along (I do whenever we travel). My hubby laughs at me because he loves a huge breakfast and makes one for himself every weekend morning but I just happily eat my oatmeal and say no thanks!
I don't blame you. That's a good one.

An aside... for anyone that likes grits in the morning, Cabanas will make it for you, if you ask, but it's generally not out on the buffet. They were happy to make me a very large bowl of it, though.

Maple and brown sugar oatmeal is pretty amazing. Can't blame you!

The hot water in the carafe will likely have a taste of coffee. As a tea drinker, I pick up on my water being a bit “flavored” from previous coffee usage. If you were going to pack an electric kettle, a small Thermos would be the same size in your luggage and you could fill the night before from the beverage station. The water would still be plenty hot and not taste of coffee from their carafe.

Cabanas on our Fantasy cruise (we just got home today Cabanas had hot Oatmeal, Grits and one other item that is escaping me at the moment with items to mix in like brown sugar. They picture @PrincessShmoo posted is the cold section that has Muesli and I believe cold oatmeal. (I only ate the Muesli so I wasn't paying attention to what the other item was). Cabanas also has small dishes near the omelet station of Muesli and Cold Oatmeal.

Cabanas on our Fantasy cruise (we just got home today Cabanas had hot Oatmeal, Grits and one other item that is escaping me at the moment with items to mix in like brown sugar. They picture @PrincessShmoo posted is the cold section that has Muesli and I believe cold oatmeal. (I only ate the Muesli so I wasn't paying attention to what the other item was). Cabanas also has small dishes near the omelet station of Muesli and Cold Oatmeal.
Probably Cream of Wheat

Found my way here searching for whether I can take a kettle or if one can be provided and found the tip about having a thermos in the room or ordering hot water on room service helpful, thanks! I now just need to figure out where I can get the hot water from in the resorts, if I don't order room service...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!