Can I do this? Last minute Star Wars training while life is in the way....

Training update!

4/1/19 3 miles at LR pace

Scheduled pace 14:52

Actual pace
Mile 1 - 14:29
Mile 2 - 14:45
Mile 3 - 15:04

Sooo, I am supposed to run 2 miles today. I filled out a sheet to leave early as I need to make it to the bank before they close. Aaand I just realized I didn't bring running clothes with me today. For the first time ever I didn't even pack them to bring with me. Sigh. I can't make it up tomorrow as I have a hair appointment right after work, then flying out Friday. :sad:

Talking about this to my DH at lunch he says, "you have on running shoes - why don't you just walk it?" So I think I will just go out and walk for 1/2 hour. I doubt I can get the 2 miles in that I had scheduled but since we are walking the half, maybe it would be good practice to see how I do walking fast? What do you think @DopeyBadger?

Talking about this to my DH at lunch he says, "you have on running shoes - why don't you just walk it?" So I think I will just go out and walk for 1/2 hour. I doubt I can get the 2 miles in that I had scheduled but since we are walking the half, maybe it would be good practice to see how I do walking fast? What do you think @DopeyBadger?

Walking won't be the same as running, but it is better than nothing. But I wouldn't try to walk any faster than you have normally in the last few months. Trying some new walking pace could aggravate unused/under used muscles. And this close to race day, the risk isn't worth it.

Yeah, so I was wearing running shoes but not moisture wicking socks. So I got a tiny blister on the back of my heel! :sad:

Also, if you think of it, say a prayer for Lynae (DD29). She texted me last night that her knee was in terrible pain. And she doesn't remember doing anything to it. She sent me a pic and it is slightly swollen. She says it is a little better this morning and she is going to RICE it today. :sad::sad::sad::sad: She says I will have to push her in a wheelchair for the half, lol. I am praying that by Sunday morning it is 100% better!

In all my other posts I never mentioned that I was doing the Biggest Loser contest at my work. Today was my final weigh in and I lost 13 lbs since January 21st!! Everyone else gets to weigh in next week but they are being nice and not making me weigh in after my WDW trip, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter