Can I freeze a dressing with rice vinegar in it?

clh2

<font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my
Hi,
Trying to eat a little healthier. Have a great recipe for a Thai Peanut Cuumber Ribbon Salad”

In trying to save time, can I make a bigger batch of the dressing and freeze it, and the pull out a packet of dressing out of the freezer when I will be making it?

The dressing calls for:
Rice vinegar
Lime juiceGrated gingerroot
Garlic
Salt
Honey
Red curry paste

I’ve frozen all of the above except rice vinegar and the red curry paste.

Any reason why I shouldn’t try this?
Thanks!

Hi,
Trying to eat a little healthier. Have a great recipe for a Thai Peanut Cuumber Ribbon Salad”

In trying to save time, can I make a bigger batch of the dressing and freeze it, and the pull out a packet of dressing out of the freezer when I will be making it?

The dressing calls for:
Rice vinegar
Lime juiceGrated gingerroot
Garlic
Salt
Honey
Red curry paste

I’ve frozen all of the above except rice vinegar and the red curry paste.

Any reason why I shouldn’t try this?
Thanks!
:confused3 I can't think of why not; the flavor and texture might suffer a little but I imagine it would be close enough. With those ingredients though, just mixing them and storing them in the fridge should be OK for a very long while - months probably. Why not just do that?

The main issue with freezing vinegar is the dilution of its acidity and flavor. Of course it has the same exact problem if stored for a long time out of the freezer too. By the way never freeze vinegar in the glass bottle it came in.

:confused3 I can't think of why not; the flavor and texture might suffer a little but I imagine it would be close enough. With those ingredients though, just mixing them and storing them in the fridge should be OK for a very long while - months probably. Why not just do that?
I agree with this. Those ingredients stay stable for a very long time.

So...thanks to your suggestion to just make a bigger batch, and keep it in the fridge, I just hadn’t thought of making extra and just putting the rest in the fridge.

It worked fabulously! I made about 4 recipes-worth of dressing, and we’ve had this salad just about one time a month.

I am not comfortable keeping this longer than a month.

Thank you for the suggestion and your comments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter