"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

That looks so yummy

Love that place

Awe how romantic

Good idea

pattyday_u25.gif
cute name

Now that's being a good disser

Haha, I think he bought it just because of the name :rotfl: And I try :goodvibes

Hi Molly! I think I've commented on one of your trip reports before, but wanted to say how much I enjoy them! I would love to go back to Disney with my whole family, but mostly my siblings- the last time we went as a family was over 10 years ago. Sadly, they don't share my enthusiasm, but I think I might be able to convince them for a trip next year. I know they'd love it if I could just get them there haha.

laughed out loud at this hahaha

That would be our reaction as well. Can't wait to read more!

Hi!! :wave: Thank you, so glad you're along for the ride!! :hug: And I totally feel your pain about the siblings not being as into it; after this trip, Haley said "I am not going back to Disney for a loooong time" :rotfl:

:rotfl: YES I loved that!

She does! Most people went on to live a normal life so there isn't much on them. I know! I forgot who won season 3 and found out it was Taya by accident while googling something else. I Love Money 4 was the only season I didn't see I think.

Haha, I love that I have someone else besides Tom to bond about VH1 with!! :thumbsup2

Holy cow! Whitesnake...now there's something I haven't heard in years. I was pretty young myself when that song was on the go.

I've read about this in many trip reports but I've never had one. It's definitely on my list. I wonder is your dreamsicle similar to a creamsicle that we have in Canada? It's orange popsicle filled with vanilla ice cream. I enjoy them :-)

I love that place! Great selection for a meal (any place with bacon on the menu, you really can't go wrong. But I think their desserts are even more impressive. Especially if you have a sweet tooth like me.

As much as I like Illuminations I agree it's probably the least impressive night time show. Although I haven't seen Rivers of Light yet.

Haha, my Dad is super into rock music, so that's the only reason why I know that song!

I haven't seen Rivers of Light either, I'm hoping to catch it when I'm back in the World someday!

To answer the Dreamsicle vs. Creamsicle debate, I think that "Dreamsicle" is more of a brand name trademark, like "Kleenex" vs. facial tissue? :scratchin But, because I'm a nerd, I looked it up. I guess that Creamsicles are made with ice cream, and Dreamsicles are made with ice milk! The more you know.. :thumbsup2

The Grand Marnier slushes are totally liquid gold!!

Sounds like such a fun night in Epcot! Looks like you picked a good place to eat and your ice creams look so yummy!

Hahaha I love the part about you telling Tom that Illuminations is the least impressive (and I totally agree)...he was definitely in for a fun week ahead!!

Aww no bunk beds but your room still looks fabulous!

What a fun day and it was only day 1!!

YESSS, they were delicious! I've never had Grand Marnier before these but it definitely got me hooked :hyper:

Hope you are having an amazing time on your Disney vaca, girl! Can't wait to read about it when you're back :goodvibes

Following! Hello from another CHEESEHEAD!!!! :)

Yay!!!! Cheeseheads unite! Thanks so much for following along :)

Loving your TR! Looking forward to another installment :wave2:

Thanks so much!! :hug:

Grand Marnier Orange Slush?? Oh boy. Adding that to my list for next time! You guys are a fun group!!

It's dangerous. Like really dangerous. ::yes:: Thank you, we try to keep it that way! :goodvibes

You all look like you're having a blast! Can't wait to read more...

Thank you!! Can't wait to tell you all about it! :)

I know more Step Brother's references than any one person should :rotfl:

Ugh so cute!! I'm going to show it to the BF so he gets the hint.

I love the bacon cheese roll. It's usually my breakfast on Epcot days!

#samegirl

And YES I showed Tom and he was like "Is this some sort of hint??" Haha :rotfl2:

Haha I don't see why not! :)

This has always been one of my mom's favorites!

Their chocolate ice cream is SO yummy!

The orange slush is amazing!! Once you're of age (haha) you definitely have to try it! :thumbsup2

Sounded like a great evening in EPCOT!

Too bad about the bunk beds... Ha.

Haha, no bunk beds was disappointing, but we were sleeping at AKL, so how bad could it be, right? ;)

I'm loving your TR :flower1:

Katie!! Hi! :wave: I'm so glad you're back on the DIS (and planning another trip)! Congrats on the beautiful baby boy :goodvibes

loving it so far!

Thanks so much!! :yay:

Definitely a great first day.

It was (well, almost) perfect! :cutie:

Day 2: Part 1- “Do You Believe In Magic?”

Doesn’t this song just scream “happiness”? :goodvibes I know that Aly and AJ aren’t the original singers of this song, but this version was one of my favorite songs as a kid so it’s got major nostalgia points!

This couldn’t be a more fitting song to start out our day, because we were off to the Magic Kingdom! :hyper:

I stirred pretty early this morning, around 6:50 AM. I was excited to get to my favorite park! But, I eventually fell back asleep and woke up for real at 7:45 to Haley saying, “Molly, get out on the balcony, hurry!”

image.gif

Well, that got me up quick!

I got out to the balcony and was greeted with this beautiful view…

:cloud9:

But, what you can’t see in the picture is all of the commotion going on! There were three wildebeests chasing a group of zebras, and they were running around the whole savannah :earseek: It was super cool; it sounds cheesy, but they all looked so majestic galloping around! Mom and Dad were on their balcony watching it as well, and it was just an amazing thing to see with everyone.

This was our game-plan for the day:

FP +

Peter Pan’s Flight- 10:05- 11:05 AM

Seven Dwarves Mine Train- 12:50- 1:50 PM

Space Mountain- 2:00- 3:00 PM

ADRs

Crystal Palace- 9:20 AM

O’hana- 7:15 PM

Since there was Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party tonight, we were leaving Magic Kingdom around 5 PM today.

After watching the animals for a few minutes, we all had to get ready. We were already cutting it a little close; it was almost 8 AM and we had a 9:20 ADR for Crystal Palace :eek: We were all taking a little time to get ready. I don’t know if it was the early travel day yesterday or what, but everyone was being poky, including myself!

Do you ever have one of those mornings where your hair just doesn’t cooperate?! Well, this was definitely one of those mornings. I had bought an adorable Bambi bow from Hot Topic about a week before the trip, and I was so excited to wear it today.

Sadly, my hair wasn’t working in the style I wanted, so I just left it down and ditched the bow :sad1: In addition, Tom was having a rough time this morning; he tried to make coffee twice but didn’t know how to work the coffee machine in our room. When it finally worked, we had to leave and his coffee was too hot to chug! :lmao:

We finally left the room at 8:50 AM. I don’t know if my Disney brain was just off today, but for some reason, I thought that we would still be able to make our ADR?! Of course, this was quickly shut down when we saw the TV screens at the bus stop. They weren’t predicting a Magic Kingdom bus to come until 9:10! :scared1:

I started mildly freaking out and looking at prices for an Uber, but then, a CM approached me and said, “You can always change your reservation time in MDE to later!”

image.gif

DUH! Why didn’t I think of that? Like I said, my Disney brain was way off ::yes:: I thanked him, and he left with a small warning, “Try not to cut it close too much, or you could end up paying a fee.” I was so ashamed; I wanted to be like, “I’VE BEEN TO DISNEY NINE TIMES AND LOVE DISNEY AND I SPEND HOURS A WEEK ON THE DIS AND I REALLY TRY NOT TO BE A BAD DISNEY GUEST AND UGHHHH” :laughing:

Luckily, the Disney gods were on our side and we could change our Crystal Palace ADR to 10:15. Whew, crisis averted! It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and I could relax. Lesson learned :thumbsup2

Momma and I waiting for the bus!

Finally, a bus came at 9:15, and we were on our way! So far, we were not super impressed with AKL’s buses to the parks :rolleyes2

Bus selfie!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom at about 9:40! I was SOOOO excited. I pointed out all of the resorts on the Seven Seas Lagoon to Tom. Tom pointed at the Polynesian and said, “We should stay there next time!” Sure pal, if you pay! :rotfl:

Miss you, old friend!

Soon enough, we caught our first glimpse of Cinderella’s Castle :lovestruc

Ahhh, whenever I look at this picture, I feel pure tranquility. We wanted to get a photopass shot of us kids in front of the castle, but the lines were crazy long. So, we did it ourselves!

Haley, Mom, and I in 2000.

We were starting to get a bit hungry at this point, so we headed over to Crystal Palace to see if we could check in early!

They gave us a pager, but said that it should only be a few minutes. I utilized this time to look at the Halloween decorations!

I was super excited to eat at Crystal Palace for the first time. Haley and Ryan had eaten dinner here before, but none of us had tried their breakfast! Plus, I knew that a character meal was a must for Tom’s first trip, and I feel like Crystal Palace has a bit more of a laid-back vibe than Chef Mickey’s.

About five minutes later, our pager went off!

We were sat on the right side of the restaurant towards the back. During this time, we had a very intense conversation about Sign Language :blush: In our jobs, both Haley and I use ASL to communicate with some of our kids (Haley is a Speech Pathologist). We somehow got on the subject of different signs, and the others started asking, “What does ___ mean in ASL?” and etc. Of course, my dad was asking us all of the dirty words, DIS-friendly ones including, “butt,” “poop,” and “pee.” :rotfl2:

Thankfully, we were saved from that conversation by our server. ::yes:: We had a very nice CM that took our drink orders right away, and then we were off to get some noms!

My Plate!

Clockwise from the top: pork sausage links, cheesy hash brown casserole, biscuit, breakfast pizza, mini cinnamon rolls, and a Mickey waffle with syrup.

HOLY CATS! I used to think Boma was my all-time favorite Disney breakfast, but now it is definitely tied with Crystal Palace. Everything here was so delicious! Everyone loved the buffet; especially the boys. I felt that there was a great amount of variety, and I was also happy to see lots of gluten-free options for those who can’t have gluten :goodvibes

My whole plate was amazing, but the real star of this meal for me was the cheesy hash brown casserole. I totally went back for seconds (maybe even thirds) for it :p After awhile, I was starting to feel like this…

Luckily, we had some furry friends to distract us from eating ourselves to death :yay: We had decided prior that we would get pictures with the characters we saw, but we wouldn’t wait around to see all of them if it was taking a while.

First up was Piglet!

Piglet was so adorable, but didn’t stay around for too long! Not long after, we met Tigger!

Tigger was really fun, bouncing around and blowing us all kisses :laughing: Tom was shocked at how tall and bright orange he is, haha!

After we met Piglet and Tigger, it was time for a very special moment: The Friendship Day Parade!

r

(Click on the video to play :) )

My mom's impression of Eeyore is prime :rotfl:

After the parade, Tom turned to me with a huge smile on his face and said, “Wow, did you find out from the DISboards that today was Friendship Day? That was so awesome!”

image.gif

I slowly turned to Tom, trying not to laugh, and said, “Babe, every day is Friendship Day.”

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

He felt sooo silly and we had a great laugh about it!! At this point, we had finished our meals and were ready for some park time. Pooh and Eeyore were still a few tables away, so we just decided to head on out.

One last picture!

For some reason this trip, I was really into Disney’s light fixtures? :scratchin The whole Crystal Palace Restaurant is beautiful and very photogenic!

Overall, Crystal Palace was a winner; everyone LOVED it! I know that we will definitely be back in the future; this is a great way to get into the park earlier (if you didn’t screw up like us) and get a yummy breakfast too!

Our bellies full, we knew that we needed a slow-moving ride to start out our Magic Kingdom day. Luckily, our first fast pass fit the bill perfectly! We set off for Fantasyland to fly to Neverland in a pirate ship!

:tinker:

Coming Soon- Day 2: Part 2- “Zero Chance of Rain, It’s Been A Perfect Day!”

Last edited:

What a great view from your balcony! Watching feisty animals is an awesome way to start the day.

We've only had lunch at Crystal Palace, but your breakfast looked delicious. I can understand not waiting for all of the characters. On one visit, we were in there almost two hours. On another, an hour and a half and never met Tigger. We've also had issues getting the checks at several of the character buffets.

Tom's comment about Friendship Day is so cute!

Wow! So glad you loved Crystal Palace and had a good experience--my husband really wants to eat there on our next trip, but I keep seeing all these horrible negative reviews which made me nervous. I guess its just more fun to complain than praise? :) It looks so delicious! I'm all excited to eat there now.

After the parade, Tom turned to me with a huge smile on his face and said, “Wow, did you find out from the DISboards that today was Friendship Day? That was so awesome!”

image-gif.278876

I slowly turned to Tom, trying not to laugh, and said, “Babe, every day is Friendship Day.”

He felt sooo silly and we had a great laugh about it!!
OMG-Hilarious!!!!

Doesn’t this song just scream “happiness”? :goodvibes I know that Aly and AJ aren’t the original singers of this song, but this version was one of my favorite songs as a kid so it’s got major nostalgia points!
All the Radio Disney feels!! Did you see supposedly they're coming out with new music?

Finally, a bus came at 9:15, and we were on our way! So far, we were not super impressed with AKL’s buses to the parks :rolleyes2

Bus selfie!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom at about 9:40!
Ugh! I love AKL for the theming but I just can't handle being so far out from everything.

My Plate!

OMG this all looks so good! I love me some cheesy potatoes!

Overall, Crystal Palace was a winner; everyone LOVED it! I know that we will definitely be back in the future; this is a great way to get into the park earlier (if you didn’t screw up like us) and get a yummy breakfast too!
We're doing Crystal Palace on our next trip and I'm so excited! I've been seeing really good reviews of the food lately.

I loved those cheesy hash brown potatoes as well, yummy! We really enjoyed this breakfast and would do it again! I love your pictures and your hair looks beautiful! We thought the buses at times were slow especially for MK but the resort and our stay were so great it was just a little annoying.

My whole plate was amazing, but the real star of this meal for me was the cheesy hash brown casserole. I totally went back for seconds (maybe even thirds) for it :p After awhile, I was starting to feel like this…

:rotfl:

“Wow, did you find out from the DISboards that today was Friendship Day? That was so awesome!”

image-gif.278876

I laughed so hard at this :laughing:

By the way there's a new VH1 reality show called Scared Famous and New York is in it! It's hilarious.

LOVE the updates...and now you are making me rethink my plan to NOT have a character meal for our next trip. I might have to see if I can book one.

Sad you didn't get the bunkbeds, but LOVE the view from your room...how nice!

“What does ___ mean in ASL?” and etc. Of course, my dad was asking us all of the dirty words, DIS-friendly ones including, “butt,” “poop,” and “pee.” :rotfl2:
Perfectly acceptable Disney conversations... Ha! Thank goodness for the CM!

Clockwise from the top: pork sausage links, cheesy hash brown casserole, biscuit, breakfast pizza, mini cinnamon rolls, and a Mickey waffle with syrup.
That looks sooooo good! I may need to put this on our list for one day.

r

(Click on the video to play :) )

My mom's impression of Eeyore is prime :rotfl:
Your mom's face in the still shot alone is hilarious!

You should have let him think you knew.. Too funny!

No puffed French toast ??? I had breakfast there for the first time last year and really liked it. Plus Tigger is my favorite .

What a great view from your balcony! Watching feisty animals is an awesome way to start the day.

We've only had lunch at Crystal Palace, but your breakfast looked delicious. I can understand not waiting for all of the characters. On one visit, we were in there almost two hours. On another, an hour and a half and never met Tigger. We've also had issues getting the checks at several of the character buffets.

Tom's comment about Friendship Day is so cute!

We really lucked out that this view was our "standard view"- we would have even been ecstatic for a pool view or anything besides a parking lot! :laughing:

Breakfast at CP was great! We're not big fans or lunch or dinner buffets, but breakfast buffets are the best. Tom's comment was so funny and cute, it really just showed how new to Disney he was :goodvibes

Wow! So glad you loved Crystal Palace and had a good experience--my husband really wants to eat there on our next trip, but I keep seeing all these horrible negative reviews which made me nervous. I guess its just more fun to complain than praise? :) It looks so delicious! I'm all excited to eat there now.

Haha, sometimes on the DIS I feel like some people like to complain more than they should :thumbsup2 But we really did have a great experience at CP, the food was delicious and we loved the ambiance!! You should definitely make an ADR, especially an early one if you want to beat the morning crowds!

OMG-Hilarious!!!!

:rotfl: We both had to laugh at that one, it was such a cute comment!

All the Radio Disney feels!! Did you see supposedly they're coming out with new music?

Ugh! I love AKL for the theming but I just can't handle being so far out from everything.

OMG this all looks so good! I love me some cheesy potatoes!

We're doing Crystal Palace on our next trip and I'm so excited! I've been seeing really good reviews of the food lately.

YES I saw a video of Aly and AJ doing a re-make of "Potential Break-Up Song" and it was sooo funny; none of them could remember the lyrics and it was clear that they were poking fun at it :rotfl2:

I totally agree; AKL in itself is spectacular, but especially after being spoiled by the GF's location, it seemed really isolated.

We loved CP and will definitely be back in the future!

I loved those cheesy hash brown potatoes as well, yummy! We really enjoyed this breakfast and would do it again! I love your pictures and your hair looks beautiful! We thought the buses at times were slow especially for MK but the resort and our stay were so great it was just a little annoying.

I could eat so many of those potatoes it's not even funny! CP was a huge hit.

Aww, thanks for the sweet comment :hug: And yes, we loooooved AKL but not so much the bus service, especially when we had to take buses everywhere! The bus service at the GF wasn't great either, but it helped that we had the monorail and boat as options as well.

OH yum, your breakfast looked SO good! Can't wait for some MK park photos:lovestruc

Coming right up! :goodvibes And CP has now probably become a trip staple (at least for me!)

:rotfl:

I laughed so hard at this :laughing:

By the way there's a new VH1 reality show called Scared Famous and New York is in it! It's hilarious.

Hahahah Freaky Eaters is a great show, it's just like My Strange Addiction but it's about people who only eat like one thing 24/7. This girl ate nothing but cheesy potatoes for 30 years :scared1:. I've seen other episodes too where this guy put maple syrup on everything, or a guy who only ate french fries, etc.

Ahhhh we've never watched I Love New York but we will have to give Scared Famous a try!

LOVE the updates...and now you are making me rethink my plan to NOT have a character meal for our next trip. I might have to see if I can book one.

Sad you didn't get the bunkbeds, but LOVE the view from your room...how nice!

Thank you!! :) We loved CP so much; it was the perfect way to start out our MK day!

We really lucked out with a beautiful "standard view"- I'm so glad we didn't pay for the Savannah upgrade (it was about $75 more per night :eek:)

Perfectly acceptable Disney conversations... Ha! Thank goodness for the CM!

That looks sooooo good! I may need to put this on our list for one day.

Your mom's face in the still shot alone is hilarious!

You should have let him think you knew.. Too funny!

Haha, somehow my dad always twists the conversation to make it inappropriate :rotfl:

My mom was having a ball watching all of the characters! We all hadn't had done a character meal in sooo long (I want to say our last one was Cape May Cafe in 2005!) so it was a really cool way to switch things up! And in retrospect, I totally should have led Tom on... made him think I had planned our trip all around this special event! :rotfl2:

No puffed French toast ??? I had breakfast there for the first time last year and really liked it. Plus Tigger is my favorite .

No puffed French toast!! I think a few of us had it, but I am not a huge French toast fan! :eek: We loved CP, Winnie the Pooh and gang are all so cute :goodvibes

I know right....our last stay at AKL the busses were long waits even in Sept.

HTTP21lZGlhLmdpcGh5LmNvbS9tZWRpYS9sME85eVZZUlNxZlMwaDcxSy9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

It's funny, because when I stayed at ASMu last March, our bus service was fantastic! You'd think they would have better bus service for the Deluxes since you're paying more? :confused3 Haha, I digress....

Day 2: Part 2- “Zero Chance Of Rain, It’s Been A Perfect Day!”

Bonjour Disfriends! Where we last left off, the whole fam had just finished a scrumptious breakfast at Crystal Palace and was heading off to our first fast pass of the day: Peter Pan’s Flight!

One of my favorite views of Cinderella’s Castle!

As we approached Fantasyland, we saw the Sword in the Stone ceremony happening in front of the carousel! Of course, I made everyone stay and watch the cuteness unfold.

The little girl they chose was sooo cute! She kept jumping the gun and trying to pull out the sword early; she was born ready for this moment :laughing: I have no clue how I remember this, but her name was Ryan. Maybe because we have a Ryan in our family? :scratchin

After little Ryan was crowned Queen of Fantasyland, we cashed in our FPs for Peter Pan’s Flight. I always like riding this ride first thing; it just gets you in the Disney-mode! Fun fact: When Haley and I were younger, we were OBSESSED with the live-action Peter Pan movie that came out in 2003. Anyone else remember this?!

I loved it because it was a Disney storyline, and Haley thought that the main guy playing Peter was cute. :rotfl: I mean, he is pretty cute (especially to a 13 year-old).

But, I just watched this movie again a little bit ago, and it’s actually really really good! Even though it was produced by Universal ( :sad2: ) it has a very Disney-esque feel to it. Plus, the music is amazing. I have the CD in my car and it is perfect driving music! This is my favorite track; I’m pretty sure this song was used in a Disney commercial awhile ago!

Anyway…

Our trip through Neverland was great! Tom enjoyed seeing Ariel by the mermaids and thought it was a cute little Easter egg :cutie:

Since we were right next door, we decided to hop over to It’s a Small World! It was a direct walk-on, of course. I was very excited to ride this, because it had been down on my last mother-daughter trip and I wanted everyone to see the cool new ending!

Sadly, the screens weren’t using our names and just had the generic good-bye messages up. Oh well! Tom, Haley, and Ryan claimed that this would be their one and only ride on It’s a Small World this trip :cool: #haters

Mom was starting to have a Haunted Mansion craving, so that’s where we went next! The wait time said 35 minutes, but we knew that it was going to be shorter. We ended up waiting closer to 20 minutes, and enjoyed the interactive queue!

This one is a crowd favorite! Tom said that he finally understood our Haunted Mansion playing cards now :rotfl2: (Mom and I bought them in September 2016, and the royals have pictures of the stretching room people)! I tried to find Madame Leota’s ring in the pavement, but no such luck.

We looked in Memento Mori for a bit, then headed towards Frontierland! When the others took a bio break, I peeked inside the Frontierland Trading Post for some pins. I almost bought this pin pack, and I totally regretted not buying it because I didn’t see it anywhere else our entire trip!

On my past two trips, I got one pin per day, most of them being mystery pins. This trip, I decided to do something a bit different, which you’ll see later tonight!

After tearing myself away from the pins, we approached this beauty…

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! The wait time said 25 minutes, but in actuality, we waited about 15. I love the bright colors of the rock against the blue sky :goodvibes

Tom was a bit jumpy on this ride :scared: He especially didn’t like the part where we coasted over the water! He was glad he tried it once, but he said he didn’t want to ride BTMRR again this trip.

To make him feel better, we headed towards Seven Dwarves Mine Train for our next fast pass :lmao:

image.gif

Ahhh, every time I ride this ride, I love it more and more! I was pretty sad when they took away Snow White’s Scary Adventures, but I think that this is a great (and less creepy) alternative.

Ryan’s dead-pan face :rotfl:

Haha, how perfect is it that I am completely blocking Tom’s closed eyes?! :laughing: Despite him white-knuckling it, Tom said that he actually really enjoyed Seven Dwarves Mine Train!

After two roller-coasters in a row, we collectively agreed that a journey through the Hundred Acre Wood was a good choice!

Nice spelling, Rabbit :teeth:

We got in our purple Honey pot, and off we went! We basically spent the entire ride like this...

image.gif

After the Heffalumps and Woozles scene, Ryan turned to us and said, “That elephant just blew a smoke ring around my head!” :laughing:

image.gif

Tom agreed, “That was just as trippy as Figment!” As strange as it is, I love this ride ::yes::

I have started to become more and more interested in the Pooh gang, so I briefly looked at some plushes in the dump shop. I love all of the baby stuff they have in here! I was eyeing up a Pooh stuffed animal, but decided not to commit :sad:

We were all getting thirsty, so we hoofed it towards New Fantasyland with some cold beverages on the brain!!

Coming Soon: Day 2: Part 3- “Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow!”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter