"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

Mollydolly334

Honorary Floridian
“It’s rainin’…

Been rainin' for a long, long time.

I don't know when the sun is gonna shine…

I'm stranded till the hurricane's through,

But at least I know I'm stranded with you!”

HELLO DISFRIENDS!!

Well, here it is… my September 2017 Trip Report!!

:jumping1:

Alright, now that we've taken care of business, let's talk about me! My name is Molly, and I'll be your guide during this magical journey into my trip report. It's the perfect job for me, because I love the DIS! So, is everyone ready?! Great, because it's show time! Ready when you are, C.B!!

** let’s see who can guess the attraction that holds the original dialogue :thumbsup2 I’ll give you a hint, R.I.P :sad: **

Ever since I was a teeny kid, I have been obsessed with all things Disney. I am a commando touring, rope-drop to park-close Disney fiend! But, I also love to kick back and explore the amazing resorts that Disney has to offer (I have obsessions over all of the Disney resorts; currently it’s Bay Lake Tower and the Boardwalk Inn.) My other non-Disney interests include acting, shopping, writing (duh), and 90’s nostalgia.

Name: Molly

Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom

Favorite Disney Resort: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort ( my #1 changes day by day!)

Favorite Disney Movies: Aladdin, Inside Out, Pocahontas, Toy Story, Hercules

Favorite Disney Characters: Rex, Megara, Tink, Anna

Favorite Disney Songs: A Whole New World, Beauty and the Beast, Can You Feel the Love Tonight

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain

Favorite Ride in Epcot: Soarin’

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Rock n Roller Coaster

Favorite Ride in Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur

Favorite Disney Restaurant: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Favorite Disney Snacks: Frozen Coke, Nutella Fresh Fruit Waffle, Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar, Dole Whip Orange Soda Float

As some of you may know, this trip was extremely different for me in many ways…

1.) Usually, it is just Mom and I traveling to Disney together. But, this time, we had a group of 6!! Our travel group consisted of me, my boyfriend Tom, Mom, Dad, my sister Haley, and her fiancee Ryan. This was our first time all traveling together at the same time!

2.) This year marked our first time experiencing Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival! :drinking:

3.) It was our first time staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge! We love to try new hotels every trip, and this trip was no exception!

4.) It was Tom’s FIRST TIME IN DISNEY WORLD! It was amazing seeing everything in the eyes of a first-timer :lovestruc

And last, but not least…

5.) It was all of our first times experiencing a hurricane! :scared1:

There were some scary moments, but we are so fortunate in that we were completely safe and Disney took outstanding care of us! In a way, it just solidified how much we love Disney and their never-ending spirit and customer service.

It was interesting to say the least; it made for a totally unique vacation. We all had to be very flexible with our schedule and our plans were CONSTANTLY changing! And, as you may have guessed from the title of this trip report, we needed some *ahem* liquid guidance at times. :laughing:

If you’d like to read about my last Disney trip, and some planning that went into this one, please check out my September 2016 TR: https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...016-mother-daughter-tr-rl-update-9-6.3544068/

Now, on with the show! :hyper:

Here is the rest of our amazing vacation crew:

Mom!

Mom is hands-down my favorite Disney travel companion. Our personalities are exactly the same, and we mesh so well together! She shares the same love for Disney World as I do, and we are definitely the die-hards of the group! Mom is my best friend in the whole world, and is always there to laugh and cry with. Her interests include Lifetime Movies, chocolate, tea, and shopping!

Name: Lori

Favorite Disney Resort: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Favorite Disney Movie: Toy Story, Beauty and the Beast

Favorite Disney Characters: All of the Toys from Toy Story

Favorite Disney Song: Colors of the Wind

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Haunted Mansion

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror

Favorite Disney Snack: Dole Whip Soft Serve, Disney Caramel Apples

Dad!

Dad is definitely the foodie of the group. If it were up to him, we’d leave the parks at 4:00 every day and eat at a signature restaurant for dinner! Dad is laid-back and easy-going. He prefers to relax and hang by the pool rather than rope-drop a park. His interests include working out, steak, and telling mildly inappropriate jokes. :rotfl:

Name: Dan

Favorite Disney Resort: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid

Favorite Disney Characters: Iago, Genie

Favorite Disney Song: Beauty and the Beast

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Midway Mania

Favorite Disney Restaurant: O’hana

Favorite Disney Snack: Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar

Tom!

Tom is the mac to my cheese, the peanut butter to my jelly :goodvibes Tom is my person, and he just gets me. We have been dating for almost 4 years, and Tom deals with all of my obsessions in stride. He is patient, kind, silly, and luckily, a kid at heart just like me. This was Tom’s first time in Disney World (and Florida too), so he put all of his faith in me and was just along for the ride! His interests include cooking, the outdoors, and intelligent political conversations.

Favorite Disney Park: Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Favorite Disney Resort: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Favorite Disney Movie: Hercules

Favorite Disney Characters: Lotso, Hades, King Triton

Favorite Disney Song: Under The Sea

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite Ride in Epcot: Test Track

Favorite Ride in Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Midway Mania

Favorite Disney Restaurant: O’hana

Favorite Disney Snack: Pretzels and Hummus (don’t ask, my boyfriend is strange ::yes:: He’d rather have meat and potatoes than snack food!)

Haley!

Haley is my older sister, and we couldn’t be more opposite. She is bold, the life of the party, a born leader, athletic…all of the things I am not :lmao: We have our squabbles from time to time, but she is one of my best friends and I couldn’t imagine life without her. Haley likes Disney, but… prefers the Dark Side :eek: Her interests include listening to books on tape, Pinterest, and hosting amazing parties!

Favorite Disney Park: Epcot

Favorite Disney Resort: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Favorite Disney Movie: Tarzan

Favorite Disney Characters: Ursula, Belle, Hei Hei

Favorite Disney Song: Go The Distance

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain

Favorite Ride in Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

Favorite Disney Snack: Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar

Ryan!

Ryan and Haley combined are basically the definition of a party couple; they bring the fun wherever they go! Ryan is hands-down the funniest of the group and always had us in stitches, especially after a late night at the parks. Haley and Ryan have been engaged since December 2016 (Ryan proposed during IllumiNations at Epcot :love: ), and we are all so pumped to have him officially become part of the family! Ryan’s interests include red wine, the Dallas Cowboys, and traveling.

Favorite Disney Resort: Disney’s Boardwalk Inn

Favorite Disney Movie: The Great Mouse Detective

Favorite Disney Characters: Donald Duck

Favorite Disney Song: You’re Welcome

Favorite Ride in Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain

Favorite Ride in Epcot: Test Track

Favorite Ride in Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage

Favorite Disney Restaurant: Coral Reef

Favorite Disney Snack: Turkey Leg

And Now, The Trip Basics:

When: September 6-12, 2017

Where: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House

Tickets? 6-Day Park Hoppers

Transportation? Flying through Southwest

Disney Dining Plan? Yes! Mom and I booked it for free with our bounce back offer last year. Mom says that that’s the only way you’ll get her to travel to Disney with three grown men :rotfl2:

Memory Maker? Yes! It was our first time with Memory Maker and we loved it!

I am so glad that you are here! I hope that you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing this :grouphug:

“Oh, one more thing. Um, when I yell "Action!", don't forget the thunderous applause for your tour guide. Places, everybody! And ... Action!”

popcorn::

Last edited:
I'm in. I love your trip reports and your family seems like a lot of fun.

I'm curious to hear how the closing of the parks went with the hurricane.

I'm in, I love your reports. I was so worried about you all! I am glad it all worked out! Thanks for the accolades to GMR. One of my favorites! Waiting to hear all about the Trip!

Following along! I followed your last TR too, but never chimed in. Looking forward to reading about your exciting trip!

So glad you've started! I am so excited to hear about your trip! I'm glad the storm didn't impact you TOO much!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about Irma and how traveling with the group went! Looks like it was fun!! :jumping1:

Woo hoo! The September trip report has started!

I spent quite a bit of time in Florida as a kid due to my dad's job, but never experienced a hurricane. Actually, we were there when Hurricane Dennis went through in '81, but we got out a few hours before it hit. (Come to think of it, my mom was pregnant with my little brother at the time, and almost named him Dennis due to this.) I have experienced a few tropical storms, though. Nothing compared to a hurricane, but still pretty scary when the wind and rain really hit.

Can't wait to read about your new adventures - especially , the hurricane part. I left the Friday before it hit so missed the excitement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!