"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

Awesome trip report!!! But i do have to ask, where did you get your fanny pack?!?!?! Its too cute!!

We have adopted this tradition! Mostly because I hate going to see the Santa at the mall. But I love this tradition!

How did I not know about this store!?! Checking it out now!

I love this movie. Have you watched it yet? It is so good! I got my girls into it as well!

OMG! We basically had the same Christmas Breakfast! Great families think alike.

Haha, mall Santas are kind of creepy ::yes:: St. Nick is perfect because it holds you over just enough until Christmas!

Breakfast of champions :thumbsup2 Tom and I haven't watched Princess Bride yet but we will soon, I'm excited! And Box Lunch is AMAZING.

My sister and I keep saying we’re going to learn this dance and perform it for my mom. It’s one of my favorite Christmas movies!

I bought this same one for my mom and she bought it for my sister

Haha, I love White Christmas as well!

Those Disney calendars are amazing, I usually don't get into day-by-day calendars but I was religious with this one! :laughing:

That Pizza Planet shirt is amazing!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Thank you! It feels so good to finally own it, I had been eyeing it up since the spring!!

Thank you! You and Tom too!

I didn't understand! I didn't understand why people were on Splash Mt either though it was sooo cold :cold:

Oh yeah we would've only had like 2.5 days.

Yes! I love the little boat wreaths.

I thought AKL was very Christmas-y.

I wish we had one! I've seen their stuff online.

Box Lunch is so cute! I usually surf the sale rack though because their stuff can be pricey! AKL would be great around Christmas; the inside of the resort looks like a log cabin already!!

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I love the Minnie Mouse Apron and a couple pairs of Disney socks that Santa brought me.
We recently stayed at POFQ & Grand Floridian you can read about in my TR. The GF was our Dream Christmas resort.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-999th-haunt-stole-my-bra-updated-12-22.3652878/

Awww, the apron sounds adorable! I would love an apron but I don't cook nearly enough to make good use out of it :rotfl:

Ooh yes, the GF is beautiful over Christmas! We stayed there in the summer so maybe I just automatically equate it with a summertime feeling? :scratchin

Sounds like a wonderful and relaxing Christmas!!

That Pizza Planet shirt is awesome! I would totally rock the Friends one!

Happy New Year :)

It was a great Christmas! Happy New Year to you too :goodvibes And all of those Box Lunch shirts give me life!!

Ha! We celebrate St Nick day too!!! Every year "ST Nick" brings my kids a Disney themed ornament. :santa:

Awww, what an awesome tradition! We used to get ornaments too but nowadays we have more ornaments than tree :rotfl2: St. Nick day is a perfect little taste of Christmas before the insanity of the holidays!!

When I was a kid, we took the St. Nick tradition a step further. We would put our Christmas lists in our stockings, and when St. Nick came he would pick up the lists and deliver them to Santa. It must have worked, because we always seemed to get a few things from those lists!

Yes! Love that movie. The silliness of it is great, if you like that sort of thing. Because of that movie, I cannot say "inconceivable" without feigning a lisp (you'll see what mean when you watch it).

I love that idea!! So cute!!

Now I'm really excited to watch Princess Bride :) I've heard nothing but good things! I'll make Tom watch it too, I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it.

So I am planning a trip in December next year and couldn't pick a resort! So I'm doing AKL, BWI, and WL! And I will be adding plenty of time for resort hopping-I definitely want to explore all of the Deluxes and maybe some of the Moderates!

Haha, I totally do this! My sister also brings her weekly fashion calendars on vacation with us. Her boyfriend asked why and she said she wanted to keep up to date with the photos; he said why not just check them ahead of time. Her look was just aghast!

OMG-I LOVE BOX LUNCH! Whenever someone is trying to come up with a present for me I just say, anything from Box Lunch!

Omg that sounds like a perfect trip, you will get a little taste of everything! You'll have to let me know how BWI and WL are; I haven't stayed at either resort and those are definitely on my bucket list!

I definitely agree with your sister ::yes:: Half the fun is having a surprise every morning for which picture you're going to get! And YES GIRL SAME. Box Lunch anything is a winner for me.

Christmas Eve has always been a big deal in our house too!

Such a cute picture of the two of you!

No, definitely not just you.:rotfl2:

I can't believe you haven't seen The Princess Bride! Such a good movie! :thumbsup2

Thank you :) Ahhh, now I'm excited to watch Princess Bride; everyone seems to love that movie!!

Love your trip report! We went to WDW two weeks ago and oh my goodness the crowds! That said I think Beach Club had my favorite lobby with the gingerbread carousel! It was a fun trip but we will not be going back at Christmas again!

Thank you!! :goodvibes I totally can imagine why you wouldn't go back around Christmas.. I've never been over Christmas but my sister has and she said that it was an absolute madhouse! And ooh I didn't think about the BC, it seems so summery to me but I'm sure all of the light colors make for beautiful Christmas decorations!

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! You got some great Disney themed gifts! Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to you too! It was definitely a fun Disney Christmas :earboy2:

Lurker here, popping in to say that Box Lunch is great. We found it when we were shopping for our kids' Christmas presents this year and will definitely be frequent customers. Also, Princess Bride is awesome(big fan here if the name wasn't a giveaway). Loving the TR!

Hi! :wave2: And thank you so much!! Box Lunch is amazing; hoping Princess Bride is just as good! (I'm sure I'll get the username once I see it :goodvibes)

Awesome trip report!!! But i do have to ask, where did you get your fanny pack?!?!?! Its too cute!!

Thank you thank you thank you! :) And the fanny pack was actually my mom's in the 90's; she says she thinks she bought it at WDW in 1994!

I searched and found some people selling the same fanny pack on Ebay! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to advertise other people's Ebay listings on the DIS, but just search "Vintage Mickey Mouse Fanny Pack" and there are a few listings on the first page- here is a picture of the fanny pack itself :goodvibes

image.jpeg

Day 3: Part 4- “Hooray for Hollywood!”

Hello my Disfriends! Sorry for the slight delay... I’ve had a busy past couple of weeks due to the holidays, but things are finally starting to settle down. As of the new year, I have officially been promoted in my job :woohoo: For those who have been following me for a while, you may know that I was in an internship from June to October, working towards this promotion. Now that I am getting a full caseload, I can finally call myself a Behavioral Treatment Therapist! It’s an exciting time :)

image.gif

Where I last left off in my TR, we were on the bus to Hollywood Studios! We had just gotten the news about all of the park closures due to Hurricane Irma, and it was a little sad, but we were determined to make the most of our park time. Haley and Ryan were hanging around Animal Kingdom a bit longer and planning on meeting the rest of us at DHS in a little bit.

We were pulling into DHS at 3:00 on the dot! As soon as we walked in, we were met with this…

Tom was instantly smitten. He loooooves Star Wars and seeing the Storm Troopers march was a really cool experience for him. They were even playing the Imperial March along with them! They were perfectly in-sync, it was kind of eerie and the perfect way to welcome us into DHS!

The Great Movie Ride is usually our ceremonial first ride at DHS, but sadly, it was no longer :sad: So, we made a hard right onto Sunset Boulevard! Dun dun dun……

To ease Tom into things, we decided to go on Rock n Roller Coaster first.

Now, I would think that RnRc is way more intense than Tower of Terror?! But for Tom, he is the most afraid of heights, and speed/going upside down doesn’t really bother him. So, a really fast ride in the dark where you can’t see where you’re going is actually a perfect Tom ride!! Strange logic, I know ::yes::

The line was 35 minutes, but I knew that it would probably be shorter.

Another Disney ceiling shot!!

Since it was nearing dinner time, we decided to push our Sci-Fi ADR back to 5:35 because we wanted some more time for rides. We ended up waiting about 20-25 minutes. Tom was starting to get nervous, but eased up a bit at the funny pre-show. Then, we were on!!

And the verdict…

I can’t decide whose face is the funniest! :lmao:

Tom LOVED it. LOVED IT! :hyper: He still talks about this ride all the time! Although he thought it was intense, I could hear him laughing the whole ride! We got the “Dude Looks Like A Lady” track. As for me, Rock N Roller Coaster has always been my favorite ride at DHS (and definitely in my top 10 at WDW). Mom and Dad tolerate it; Mom says it throws off her equilibrium.

In the gift shop afterwards, my dad bought a magnet for his other best friend at work. Both wanted magnets as souvenirs, and Dad says that she loves this ride! This was the one he picked out:

Once we got off, it was time to face the beast…

And what more perfect of a wait time of Tom’s first ride?! For those who don’t know, a 13-minute wait on ToT actually equates to zero minutes! :banana:

I gave Tom one last chance to back out, since I know that this ride had been plaguing him for almost a year. However, I also did tell him that if he could handle RnRc, then he could definitely handle Tower of Terror!

Tom was very brave about it and said that he would go on, but said “Get me in line quick so I don’t have time to back out!” :rotfl2: I was glad that there was no wait, so he didn’t have a chance to overanalyze his decision!

The queue is amazing here. All of us are HUGE fans of the Twilight Zone; I’m pretty sure Tom and I have seen almost every episode!
Our butler was completely in character and stared us down until the moment the doors closed :eek: I would looooove to be a CM here!

So…. Did Tom like Tower of Terror?

Answer: Sort of :rotfl:

He practically cut off all circulation in my arm from holding my hand so tight, and kept his eyes shut the entire time, but did not really freak out! In fact, he said that it was better than he thought it would be and would ride it again next time!! :yay:

I was so proud of him; as soon as the ride was done I was all like..

And Tom whispered, “STOP, YOU’RE EMBARRASSING ME” :laughing:

Unfortunately, I do not have picture evidence that he rode. Well, I do, but I have made a binding promise not to share that picture with anyone :rotfl2: You can probably guess how Tom looks, though! In the picture, Mom and I are both staring directly at Tom, and Dad is staring straight forward with a completely blank look on his face :thumbsup2

Haley and Ryan had texted us while in line for RnRc that they had just arrived the park. So they rode ToT while we rode RnRc, and then we switched rides :rotfl: Here’s Haley and Ryan’s pic from Tower of Terror!

They met us outside of ToT after we were done. Ryan had a beer in his hand, and Tom stated that he needed a beer too after his harrowing experience :drinking1 So, he headed over to Anaheim Produce and sat in the shade with the others, while Mom and I headed back to ToT! I wanted a second ride where my arm wasn’t about to turn blue :lmao: ToT is one of Mom’s favorites, so she happily obliged.

Again with my double-jointed arms… :sad2:

It was almost 4:30, so we headed over to Pixar Place to use our FP for Toy Story Midway Mania!

It looks overcast, but today was hot hot hot! :sunny: I was excited to ride; I am usually pretty good at TSMM and I wanted to see if Tom could beat me.

I knew as soon as Tom walked in that it would be his favorite ride at Disney; he had the biggest smile plastered on his face throughout the line and was so excited. We got the Rex car!

These were our results:

Tom had the highest score in the family, and I got second! We agreed to a rematch after dinner...I had never broken 100,000 points before and I was determined to this trip! As I had suspected, Tom declared it his favorite ride at WDW, and it stuck :cutie: Video games and Toy Story, not much more a boy can ask for!

Our Star Tours FP had expired earlier, but the line was nonexistent so we started to walk over. As we were walking out of Pixar Place, I feel someone grab my hand and say, “Wait a second, I know you!”

image.gif

It was @DisneyDreamers3 (Jen)! She explained that she had been lurking on my 2016 TR and had been looking for me in the parks! Jen said that she had recognized Mom first (and Mom proceeded to call herself a celebrity the rest of the trip :rolleyes2) It was sooo cool meeting someone from the board so impromptu; I had a great Dismeet with @DexLabDeeDee on my 2016 trip, but it was planned out beforehand.

We talked with Jen and her family for about 10 minutes; she was there with her Mom, husband, and adorable little son :) They were all sooo nice, it was really easy to talk to Jen! We talked about how she used to live in Florida and come to WDW all the time as a child.

Of course, we had to get a picture together!

As we said our goodbyes, Tom and my Mom were beaming from ear to ear :goodvibes They are both really supportive of this blog and know how much time and effort I spend on each of my posts. It honestly was a highlight of the trip for me; it was tangible proof that someone out there in the universe actually reads what I write and shares my same passion for Disney :earboy2: Jen, thank you so much for saying hi and chatting with us!

With a little more pep in my step, we ventured towards Echo Lake to take on Star Tours!

Coming Soon- Day 3: Part 5- “Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls Of Fire!”

Last edited:

Congrats again on the promotion!

What a fun time at DHS! I'm glad Tom survived ToT!

How cool to have an impromptu DISmeet!

Congrats on the promotion! As someone who writes BIPs, your job is much needed!

Glad Tom survived ToT. Short wait times are the best!

How cool to be recognized!

Now that I am getting a full caseload, I can finally call myself a Behavioral Treatment Therapist! It’s an exciting time :)
Awesome news! Hope you've enjoying it.

Tom was instantly smitten. He loooooves Star Wars and seeing the Storm Troopers march was a really cool experience for him. They were even playing the Imperial March along with them! They were perfectly in-sync, it was kind of eerie and the perfect way to welcome us into DHS!
Very cool. I would also be smitten. :p
Last time I was down there, Star Wars wasn't as prominent. Something I'm looking forward to on my next trip.

Now, I would think that RnRc is way more intense than Tower of Terror?! But for Tom, he is the most afraid of heights, and speed/going upside down doesn’t really bother him. So, a really fast ride in the dark where you can’t see where you’re going is actually a perfect Tom ride!! Strange logic, I know ::yes::
Actually that's pretty much how I feel about RnRC too, so it makes sense to me! I still refuse to do ToT though. For me it's not so much the height, it's the dropping feeling I don't like. RnRC goes so fast I barely have time to notice any dropping.

Oh no! With 15 pages, I thought I might get the whole TR, but nope.. I have to wait for your next update! popcorn::

Your calendar made me a little OCD. I have to make sure every little bit it torn off my days LOL

Moana is my FAVORITE!

I'm not a fan of The Princess Bride. I didn't see it until a couple of years ago, and my husband had the same reaction as Tom!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

We were pulling into DHS at 3:00 on the dot! As soon as we walked in, we were met with this…

I love that March! I know it is very simple, but still super cool to see! Can't wait to see how they do that sort of thing in SWGE.
Now, I would think that RnRc is way more intense than Tower of Terror?! But for Tom, he is the most afraid of heights, and speed/going upside down doesn’t really bother him. So, a really fast ride in the dark where you can’t see where you’re going is actually a perfect Tom ride!! Strange logic, I know
I have a friend that won't ride anything with drops (Splash, or even BTMR), but Space is no problem because he can't tell it's about to happen.

I was so proud of him; as soon as the ride was done I was all like..

And Tom whispered, “STOP, YOU’RE EMBARRASSING ME” :laughing:
Yay!

Unfortunately, I do not have picture evidence that he rode. Well, I do, but I have made a binding promise not to share that picture with anyone :rotfl2:
Darn-that would have been fun to see!

As we said our goodbyes, Tom and my Mom were beaming from ear to ear :goodvibes They are both really supportive of this blog and know how much time and effort I spend on each of my posts. It honestly was a highlight of the trip for me; it was tangible proof that someone out there in the universe actually reads what I write and shares my same passion for Disney :earboy2: Jen, thank you so much for saying hi and chatting with us!
I wish I would have recognized you too then!

Now that I am getting a full caseload, I can finally call myself a Behavioral Treatment Therapist! It’s an exciting time :)
CONGRATS!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!

Once we got off, it was time to face the beast…

That is awesome that he gave it a try! My oldest doesn't want to try it, so I have yet to try it. I want to fix that on our next trip!

And Tom whispered, “STOP, YOU’RE EMBARRASSING ME”
Ha! I love it! Again, good for him.

It honestly was a highlight of the trip for me; it was tangible proof that someone out there in the universe actually reads what I write and shares my same passion for Disney :earboy2: Jen, thank you so much for saying hi and chatting with us!
Awesome. I am still waiting for my first dis meet up. No one seems to go in Feb. when we have been going lately. ;( I know how you feel, it makes it feel more real.

Now that I am getting a full caseload, I can finally call myself a Behavioral Treatment Therapist! It’s an exciting time
Congratulations.

it's so cool that Lesley Wake has pictures of you guys in the background. What a small Disney World.

As of the new year, I have officially been promoted in my job :woohoo: For those who have been following me for a while, you may know that I was in an internship from June to October, working towards this promotion. Now that I am getting a full caseload, I can finally call myself a Behavioral Treatment Therapist! It’s an exciting time :)
Yay! Congratulations!!

I totally get this. For some reason I hate the feeling of my stomach going up to my throat in straight drop rides, but love it on rollercoasters.

Glad Tom faced his fears and loved ToT!

So many great updates! I've taken a little break during the holidays so I had so many updates to read. It sounds as though you had a great Christmas. Congratulations on your promotion at work.

Yay congrats!

:sad: I'm still so heartbroken about this.

:rotfl: #DoubleJointedProblems

I showed someone at work how I can move my elbow/arm last week and they just said ew.

Thank you!! :) Same about GMR... When I read it on my phone, I literally gasped out loud and got really sad :sad1:

Haha, I've shown people my elbows too and they've always gotten so freaked out! My cheerleading coaches always got frustrated because my arms would look so weird in all of the cheer poses :rotfl:

Congrats again on the promotion!

What a fun time at DHS! I'm glad Tom survived ToT!

How cool to have an impromptu DISmeet!

Thank you so much! And yes, Tom lived to tell the tale.. I think he secretly liked it :p The impromptu Dismeet was definitely a highlight of the day!

Congrats on the promotion! As someone who writes BIPs, your job is much needed!

Glad Tom survived ToT. Short wait times are the best!

How cool to be recognized!

Hey, that's right, you work with children with special needs as well! :goodvibes I just wrote a BIP last week for the first time and I appreciate you guys so much.... those are NOT easy!!

It was super cool!! Gotta love the DIS ::yes::

Awesome news! Hope you've enjoying it.

Very cool. I would also be smitten. :p
Last time I was down there, Star Wars wasn't as prominent. Something I'm looking forward to on my next trip.

Actually that's pretty much how I feel about RnRC too, so it makes sense to me! I still refuse to do ToT though. For me it's not so much the height, it's the dropping feeling I don't like. RnRC goes so fast I barely have time to notice any dropping.

Thank you!! And yes... it's crazy how Star Wars-filled the parks have gotten the past few years! Star Wars isn't my favorite, but if it keeps Tom into Disney World I'm all for it :thumbsup2

That is true.. I'm an adrenaline junkie and I LOVE the stomach-drop feeling! But there's nothing quite as exhilarating as the crazy launch on RnRc!

Oh no! With 15 pages, I thought I might get the whole TR, but nope.. I have to wait for your next update! popcorn::

Your calendar made me a little OCD. I have to make sure every little bit it torn off my days LOL

Moana is my FAVORITE!

I'm not a fan of The Princess Bride. I didn't see it until a couple of years ago, and my husband had the same reaction as Tom!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Hey, thanks for reading!! :goodvibes I'm going to apologize in advance... I'm one of the slower TR writers on here :laughing: I'm hoping to have this done by September.. we will see!

My calendar made me just as OCD... I almost took an exacto-knife to the top but over 200 sheets of paper is surprisingly thick.. haha!

Hmmm, you're the first person I've heard who's not in favor of The Princess Bride! We still haven't watched it yet, so I'll give you my reaction soon :scratchin

OMG I have enjoyed this TR! I was so disappointed to find the end :p

Awww, thanks so much :hug: A new update should be up this week, I'm hoping :)!

I love that March! I know it is very simple, but still super cool to see! Can't wait to see how they do that sort of thing in SWGE.

I have a friend that won't ride anything with drops (Splash, or even BTMR), but Space is no problem because he can't tell it's about to happen.

Yay!

Darn-that would have been fun to see!

I wish I would have recognized you too then!

It was really cool, it made us stop in our tracks!! And I'm not even a huge fan of Star Wars!

I wish we would have met too- but I'm sure we will have coordinating trips sometime in the future (at least I hope!) :)

I am with Tom-I loveeeeeee RnRc:love::love:

And omg yayy on the surprise Dismeet! How fun is that!!!

Ahhh same, RnRc is SO much fun! And YES the Dismeet was so unexpected, I think that's what made it so exciting!

CONGRATS!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!

That is awesome that he gave it a try! My oldest doesn't want to try it, so I have yet to try it. I want to fix that on our next trip!

Ha! I love it! Again, good for him.

Awesome. I am still waiting for my first dis meet up. No one seems to go in Feb. when we have been going lately. ;( I know how you feel, it makes it feel more real.

Thank you!! :) Ahh, tell Morgan that she'll do fine and she should try it! I was around her age when I first rode ToT and I was terrified- but then I exited the ride saying that I wanted to ride again!! :rotfl:

It was super fun meeting another friend from the DIS! Hmmm, if February at WDW isn't crowded I should really think about going during that time :scratchin

Congratulations.

it's so cool that Lesley Wake has pictures of you guys in the background. What a small Disney World.

Thank you :)

I know, I was sooo surprised! What are the chances?? :lmao:

Yay! Congratulations!!

I totally get this. For some reason I hate the feeling of my stomach going up to my throat in straight drop rides, but love it on rollercoasters.

Glad Tom faced his fears and loved ToT!

Thank you!! I was so proud of Tom for biting the bullet, he had himself freaked out so much that I think he was actually surprised at ToT and it's "tameness" :laughing:

So many great updates! I've taken a little break during the holidays so I had so many updates to read. It sounds as though you had a great Christmas. Congratulations on your promotion at work.

Thank you so much!! Hope you had a great little holiday hiatus :goodvibes

It was super fun meeting another friend from the DIS! Hmmm, if February at WDW isn't crowded I should really think about going during that time :scratchin
I will let you know how the crowds are this trip. But we have been happy with the crowds at this time of year. And we def like the temperature better. Although, I am afraid it might be cold this time!

Ooh I just found your TR! We were there right after you - originally supposed to fly in on Monday September 11 and leave on the 18th but ended up getting in on Wednesday instead. It was still a great trip but I have to say I'm glad we missed the storm! We got my 4 year old on ToT but I think we might have scarred her for life - not sure she'll ever ride it again! My younger one is more of a dare devil so I'm sure she'll be on it as soon as she is tall enough! I love that ride so much!

I will let you know how the crowds are this trip. But we have been happy with the crowds at this time of year. And we def like the temperature better. Although, I am afraid it might be cold this time!

Yes, please do! I'm not sure how I'd do with cold temperatures...I actually like Disney to be hot and humid- maybe because it's not like that in Wisconsin?! :laughing:

Ooh I just found your TR! We were there right after you - originally supposed to fly in on Monday September 11 and leave on the 18th but ended up getting in on Wednesday instead. It was still a great trip but I have to say I'm glad we missed the storm! We got my 4 year old on ToT but I think we might have scarred her for life - not sure she'll ever ride it again! My younger one is more of a dare devil so I'm sure she'll be on it as soon as she is tall enough! I love that ride so much!

Hi and :welcome: Yes, it was a fun trip but the storm definitely put a (no pun intended) damper on things ::yes:: We made do with what we had..it was interesting to say the least!

I love ToT too! :scared1: Oh no! I'm sure when I'm a parent, I'll scar my kids with ToT as well...Hey, I'm sure she'll forget all about it, 4 is still really young :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!