Can I get infected from reused gloves during blood draw?

I smell BS because if you were being serious then you wouldn't be asking something like this on a Disney forum.

Why? Because you might not do the same? Look at the posts on the CB. What percent is Disney related, 5%? Maybe she's a lurker. Maybe she's a member who didn't want to use their real screen name. Why would someone make this up?

Why? Because you might not do the same? Look at the posts on the CB. What percent is Disney related, 5%? Maybe she's a lurker. Maybe she's a member who didn't want to use their real screen name. Why would someone make this up?

If someone is that worried they would be contacting the health department.
This is just a story made up because the person is bored.
You can't tell me a 33 year old is going to come on here and make that their first post.

This is definitely what the whole discussion boils down to. I remember being surprised that being vaccinated against hepatitis AFTER the potential exposure could possibly be effective, but the professionals assured me that it was. But the sooner the better if you are going to seek medical advice. The first dose of anti virals was given to me in the ER. They didn’t want me to wait to get the prescription filled. I recall the ER doctor admitting that he was a bit unsure what to do—typically when they see needle sticks it’s in the hospital setting and the person the needle came from can be tested. He acknowledged that I was being given strong medication and my chances of being infected were slim, but that if I were his wife that was what he would reccomend.
To the bolded - there you go.

Then it appears there was no exchange of bodily fluids, therefore virtually impossible to be contaminated.

Stains? Dried stains? Not actively fluid?
Since you watched every. single. thing. the tech did, is there anything at all that indicates she may have reused a needle?

Very common-sensible :D
Sorry for misunderstanding. When I pulled out cotton ball there was obviously bit of my blood on it, during the procedure no. The stains seemed dried. The syringe she pulled out seemed new, I do not recall whether she pulled it out of plastic wrap or not.
You can't tell me a 33 year old is going to come on here and make that their first post.
I edited the first post, please read it.

The health guidelines where you are are going to differ strongly from those of the people who predominantly post here, which are North Americans with some other countries scattered in. What is considered standard by health professionals will not be standard where you are. If you have concerns, go see your own doctor and discuss it with someone you know is a health professional. Anyone on here could say “yes I am a health professional” when really what they are is a professional YouTube’er. Health advice should not be sought on a public discussion board.

Editing to ask for “professional” opinions really isn’t going to help you. Anybody can claim anything on these boards and regardless, you’ve gotten all there is to get from answers on a forum like this.

Nobody is going to be able to come here and give you different information than you’ve already gotten.

Go to a Dr. or back to the blood draw place and speak to a medical professional. If you somehow can’t do that, then there are some online services where you can speak to a physician for a fee (there may be free ones as well google it) and get advice from a vetted MD. Beyond that this thread has run its course as far as helpful information goes.

[QUOTE="kboo42,
Do you know for what viral infections are the anti-viral given?[/QUOTE]

HIV and Hepatitis were the main concerns. I know the anti-vitals were prescribed to prevent HIV. I don’t recall if they would help with Hepatitis or not. I don’t know if Hepatitis is viral? I am thinking yes, but not sure.

There is a community board on here and people talk about all kinds of things. I hope and assume the poster is legit and I hope they also don't get discouraged from people that are bored themselves. I also hope that they realize that they probably won't be totally happy and shouldn't be with the answer and seek medical advice. Though I realize some may not have easy access to health care or other reasons it may be more difficult for them and I believe the odds are definitely with him that he'll be fine.

Last edited:
Beyond that this thread has run its course as far as helpful information goes.
Unless you're a Moderator, you don't get to decide that. Besides the OP's question, it's an unusual and interesting topic, and maybe, just maybe, someone reading here and learning might benefit from the information themselves someday. I always keep that in mind when I'm posting. I know I've learned a lot from others here myself, too.

Ok, so I've found an similar article here that states that I should not be concerned. I would probably make HCV test after 6 months just in case and contact phlebotomist expert and consult with him/her. I reported the case and will see what happens. Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

Last edited:
Ok, so I've found an similar article here that states that I should not be concerned. I would probably make HCV test after 1-2 months just in case and contact phlebotomist expert and consult with him/her. I reported the case and will see what happens. Thanks to everyone for the feedback!
Why don't you share the article with all of us?

Just click on the link on top of the word "here" :)
Oh, sorry, I didn't see that there was a hyperlink on that word. Thanks.

The only thing I'd say is that you have to be careful about where you get your information from (as others have said here). The link I posted was from the US Centers for Disease Control. The information in the link is from a men's magazine, and the writer's "credentials" are listed as an "MA", which leaves me wondering whether that information is actually reliable. Were you able to get in touch with your own doctor's office to garner their advice?

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that there was a hyperlink on that word. Thanks.

The only thing I'd say is that you have to be careful about where you get your information from (as others have said here). The link I posted was from the US Centers for Disease Control. The information in the link is from a men's magazine, and the writer's "credentials" are listed as an "MA", which leaves me wondering whether that information is actually reliable. Were you able to get in touch with your own doctor's office to garner their advice?
Thanks for the concern. I've found three other articles where the doctors have MD here, here and here. On the link you posted, I could not found article related to my question. Could you pls point it out? I do not trust the doctors here, I would try to find expert online and speak with them. For hepatitis C, the chance of contracting it through needlestick is 1.8% and if there are 3% of people having hepatitis, the probability is 0.018*0.03 = 0.00054 or in percentage 0.054% which is very small and the chance that I am fine is 99.946%. Also, in my case there was no needlestick so I would guess the chance is even smaller! I have to check if I am vaccinated against hepatitis B. Anyways, I would do HIV, Hep B and C tests after 6 months

Last edited:
Also, in my case there was no needlestick so I would guess the chance is even smaller
Not smaller. Zero.

If you don't trust the doctors where you are, you might have to go to a country where you do trust the doctors and be tested in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter