Can I give ‘fake’ flight info for departure day for DME??

there’s just no reason to get to the airport that early.
The thing is that not everyone does get to the airport that early going with the DME assigned time. That's why they schedule it so early - to allow for additional pick ups and delays both going to the airport and once you're at the airport. Between pokey guests at each resort stop who need to load/unload their luggage, find seats, to potential rush hour traffic or construction, to back ups at the airport check-in counters or TSA. There's a lot of variables. I agree that if all goes well and according to plan, the amount of time you have at the airport is overkill. But, with so many things out of your control while taking DME, this is why many of us don't recommend taking it using a later flight time and suggest an Uber or private transport instead. This at least eliminates some of the potential slow downs with DME.

Also if I did give them different flight info would that effect me doing airline check in for my checked bag?

ie- are DME and airline check I’m connected? I know disney ships your checked bags to the airport for you if you don’t want to bring them on DME

RAC and DME are totally separate entities. One has no baring on the other.

No but I thought it had to be 3 hours at least for pick up. Maybe I could call and they could make an exception?

Also if I did give them different flight info would that effect me doing airline check in for my checked bag?

ie- are DME and airline check I’m connected? I know disney ships your checked bags to the airport for you if you don’t want to bring them on DME
I have used the correct flight info, then when DME gave me the pickup time, I called to say I wanted to go later. They make you agree that if anything happens and you miss your flight, it is not their fault. We were on the borderline for pickup time like yours but we had TSA precheck and weren't going to check bags at the airport so I felt ok doing it.

Usually we are at the gate way too early but there were one or two times when we arrived at the gate 5 minutes before boarding began due to pickup issues at other resorts. When assigned pickups are not at the meeting point, sometimes the drivers wait. If a few people do that it can mess up everyone's plans.

I am curious how many others will be flying out at this time - I searched flights going to many destinations and it’s hard to find many flights 11pm or after.

I don't think you can go by this. If less people are going at your time, they will just stop at more resorts. I've been on a ME where they stopped at so many resorts I was sure we would not get to the airport at the correct time. TSA precheck is the biggest factor for getting you through quickly at MCO, once you are there.

I try to time all my airport arrivals so that I have just enough time to use the bathroom, fill my water bottle and get to the gate when they start pre-boarding. If there's ever a delay at TSA I wind up arriving just as my zone is called or being last on the plane, but have never missed a flight. (Average 40 flights per year)

I try to time all my airport arrivals so that I have just enough time to use the bathroom, fill my water bottle and get to the gate when they start pre-boarding. If there's ever a delay at TSA I wind up arriving just as my zone is called or being last on the plane, but have never missed a flight. (Average 40 flights per year)

That probably works at many airports that are not MCO. I've had it take over 40 minutes to clear security at MCO.

DME pick up time is 3 hours for a reason - because, generally speaking, that's the time needed to allow Disney to get you to MCO in time for your flight. DME drivers have to load/unload luggage and often make multiple stops, so it does take a little longer than if you were to take private transportation, Uber, or even drive yourself. The point is that if you ignore this and choose a fake flight to take DME later, you put yourself at a higher risk for missing your flight than you would if you just took a private car. This is why the majority of us recommend taking an Uber or private car instead. 2.5 hours from WDW to MCO is very doable if you're taking something other than DME that you have more control over.

The issue with this reasoning is yes- Disney chooses that time assuming the worst case scenario: A family who probably doesn't fly much, has to wait in line to check bags, probably has a stroller, and doesn't have PreCheck, so that there is no issue with every DME passenger making their flight. Many of us aren't in that scenario - I'm usually flying alone, will have just a carry-on, am an elite member (so if I do have to check a bag there is little to no line), and have Clear and TSA PreCheck.

These days, I usually just take Lyft to the airport, but when I used to take DME, I would give a later flight than the one I was scheduled on every time.

The issue with this reasoning is yes- Disney chooses that time assuming the worst case scenario: A family who probably doesn't fly much, has to wait in line to check bags, probably has a stroller, and doesn't have PreCheck, so that there is no issue with every DME passenger making their flight. Many of us aren't in that scenario - I'm usually flying alone, will have just a carry-on, am an elite member (so if I do have to check a bag there is little to no line), and have Clear and TSA PreCheck.

These days, I usually just take Lyft to the airport, but when I used to take DME, I would give a later flight than the one I was scheduled on every time.
The issue with this reasoning is that DME allows 3 hours because they have many more variables than if you were to take matters into your own hands by driving yourself or taking private transport like Uber or a car service. Even for someone who flies often and has no bags to check, no stroller, and has pre-check, that does not change the fact that DME itself could cause you delays which you have no control over. DME could very well be running behind schedule, will have to load multiple people and their luggage at a resort stop, may have to stop at additional resorts and load multiple people and their luggage there, and of course, people are pokey. People walk up late. People take their sweet time handing their luggage off, shuffling for their DME paper, finding seats, etc. Now that RAC is no longer available, *everyone* will have to have the driver load and then unload their luggage under the bus. All of this can very easily lead to a 30+ minute delay with DME, but can be easily avoided by taking private transport, which I would still assert is the safest bet if you want to get to the airport later.

On another thread this week someone mention ME breaking down on the way to the airport and barely making it. Once again showing what Disney allows for extra time. If you give wrong information and miss your flight- that is your fault. Think that was on the unmagical express thread .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter