Can I give ‘fake’ flight info for departure day for DME??

Lol...everyone is different. Some ppl.s anxiety is higher on certain things etc. It is okay. No one is telling someone that they should feel bad for wanting to get to the airport earlier than others, but yes it is an option...even with little kids. We've been doing this for over a decade...multiple times a year. I fly by myself with 3 kids...the youngest has been 7 weeks old...so I've done all stages and have never even come close to having to run for it etc. We always give a flight for around 30 mins after our real flight and have always had plenty of time to go to the bathroom and get something to eat/drink. - You have to also remember most ppl who take ME won't have luggage they have to check, yet still have 2+ hrs. at the airport. It's totally fine for those who prefer to "play it safe," but it's also very easily done 30 mins later for those who want to.

Yes, everyone can do what works for them. My point is that a half an hour is such a short time, that it is not worth the subterfuge of telling them a different flight time. I can see if we are talking a couple of extra hours. But the OP said 1/2 hour later. And we are pointing out that everyone should think of the "what ifs". What if something happened to the bus like a flat tire. What if you run into traffic due to an accident. What if there is a huge line at TSA, etc. Everyone needs to consider all of those things and if it is worth it for them to not have that extra buffer. Also think about what you will be doing with that "extra" 1/2 hour. Are you going to be spending it waiting for the bus to arrive anyway?

Yes, everyone can do what works for them. My point is that a half an hour is such a short time, that it is not worth the subterfuge of telling them a different flight time. I can see if we are talking a couple of extra hours. But the OP said 1/2 hour later. And we are pointing out that everyone should think of the "what ifs". What if something happened to the bus like a flat tire. What if you run into traffic due to an accident. What if there is a huge line at TSA, etc. Everyone needs to consider all of those things and if it is worth it for them to not have that extra buffer. Also think about what you will be doing with that "extra" 1/2 hour. Are you going to be spending it waiting for the bus to arrive anyway?
I totally agree; everyone needs to do what's best for them and weigh out their risk reward/priorities. For us, it's always been worth it and we've had no issues and will continue to do it, but I agree no one should do it if they know ahead of time they'll spend all their time worrying about the what ifs that day. That's why it works for some and not for others. It sounds like we're both in agreement that it's a personal choice that each person needs to decide what they're comfortable with etc. :)

You're still stating a false fact.
Well, no. Ignoring the oxymoron, the fact is that DME conditions include providing one's return flight number and that the guest be ready and waiting 15 minutes before the assigned pickup time, which is about three hours before domestic departure and four hours for international flights. This schedule is designed to get the passenger to the airport to allow two (three) hours to get to the departure level, check luggage if needed, get through security, and get to the gate before the plane starts boarding.

👍 that some passengers have PreCheck/Global Entry and can use RAC. More typically, people asking this kind of question can't/don't. Guests who want to adjust the expectations set by DME to suit themselves have options that don't include expecting DME to conform to their own individual wants.

You're still misleading ppl. to manipulate them into thinking your way is the only way. You're still stating a false fact. As numerous ppl have already explained they've rearranged their ME times many times with no issues. So it is an option, perhaps not an option you would choose, but it can/does work/is an option. It's nver okay in my opinion to make someone believe something that is false. Totally okay to give you're opinion that you don't think it's wise or explain the reasons that you wouldn't do it, but that's very different than lying to someone.
No. You need to understand definitions. "maximize" = make as large or great as possible. So in order to MAXIMIZE park time (have the MOST time in the park), you would have to leave from the park and go right to the airport. Even walking/boat to a resort takes time. DME takes time (even if you think you can time it so you walk up to DME right as the bus pulls up, you're the last one on and it pulls away AND goes right to the airport). EVERY step of DME takes time, and that's if everything goes absolutely perfectly exact.

By utilizing DME you are giving up park time. Period. It doesn't matter if you tell them your real flight number, a fake flight number, or just what time you want to arrive at MCO. You are giving up park time. Therefore you are not maximizing it. The only way to go directly from a park to MCO is uber/lyft/taxi/private car... so PERSONAL transportation.

Last edited:
What if you run into traffic due to an accident.
Definitely a possibility. In my own experience, its been even more likely to run into traffic just due to rush hour/congested FL roads (especially on a winter trip) OR traffic due to construction. And if FL is anything like here in NY, there has been a ton of construction postponements due to the virus, so I'd expect it to ramp up through the rest of the year to compensate.

Keep this in mind people who think giving a fake flight is a good idea...
(this case in particular) you have to keep checking to ensure the “fake flight” stays on time and doesn’t get cancelled too. You will spend more than 30 mins doing this than you will make up for park time.
ie you spend time researching a flight that has a depart time good for you.
you contact Disney to tell them that
you Have to check back to ensure the flight was’t changed/cancelled because if it was you are not getting notified as you were not booked on it.
if it is changed, you now spend time researching another flight or at a minimum calling to give Disney your correct info.

if you have time to waste, by all means go for it but imo it isn’t worth 30 mins extra park time

Keep this in mind people who think giving a fake flight is a good idea...
(this case in particular) you have to keep checking to ensure the “fake flight” stays on time and doesn’t get cancelled too. You will spend more than 30 mins doing this than you will make up for park time.
ie you spend time researching a flight that has a depart time good for you.
you contact Disney to tell them that
you Have to check back to ensure the flight was’t changed/cancelled because if it was you are not getting notified as you were not booked on it.
if it is changed, you now spend time researching another flight or at a minimum calling to give Disney your correct info.

if you have time to waste, by all means go for it but imo it isn’t worth 30 mins extra park time
Lol...I don't think you know how it works. I've never needed to recheck the pretend flight... I've never had ME track my flight for me; in fact that's why they leave you a number at the bottom of the paperwork you get the morning of checkout in case your flight changed. You can also always just wait and can the morning your scheduled to leave and tell them your flight changed...it takes 5 mins. Like I said it's not for everyone (certainly not for ppl. who are going to have anxiety over it or feel stressed and be preoccupied by all the what if situations,) but is easily possible in most situations.

Lol...I don't think you know how it works. I've never needed to recheck the pretend flight... I've never had ME track my flight for me; in fact that's why they leave you a number at the bottom of the paperwork you get the morning of checkout in case your flight changed. You can also always just wait and can the morning your scheduled to leave and tell them your flight changed...it takes 5 mins. Like I said it's not for everyone (certainly not for ppl. who are going to have anxiety over it or feel stressed and be preoccupied by all the what if situations,) but is easily possible in most situations.
I know exactly how it works and I also know flights can change time wise by a lot. In fact my flight just got changed today by 27 mins. which made me think of this possible issue.
if you give Disney a fake flight time and that time gets changed without you knowing it your pick up time could change too.
in which case you either give them to real flight info or go back and look for another fake flight
either way, wasted time and the last couple times I called Disney the wait was 20+ mins so to get an extra 30 mins of park time could take More time out of your day than it is worth.
hell most people right now some wasted time isn’t a big deal

Like I said it's not for everyone (certainly not for ppl. who are going to have anxiety over it or feel stressed and be preoccupied by all the what if situations,) but is easily possible in most situations.
Is it really necessary to assign negative emotional conditions to people who are really just using common sense and/or don't have a combination of Precheck and RAC? I think the majority of Disney guests fit my description.

I know exactly how it works and I also know flights can change time wise by a lot. In fact my flight just got changed today by 27 mins. which made me think of this possible issue.
if you give Disney a fake flight time and that time gets changed without you knowing it your pick up time could change too.
in which case you either give them to real flight info or go back and look for another fake flight
either way, wasted time and the last couple times I called Disney the wait was 20+ mins so to get an extra 30 mins of park time could take More time out of your day than it is worth.
hell most people right now some wasted time isn’t a big deal
DME pickup times are assigned the day before. The odds of a major time change much less a cancellation (barring something catastrophic) I'd say are slim.

I've never needed to recheck the pretend flight... I've never had ME track my flight for me; in fact that's why they leave you a number at the bottom of the paperwork you get the morning of checkout in case your flight changed.
I don't doubt what you're saying, but on one trip, we had our flight bumped on Southwest to an hour later at some point between the time we arrived and the day before we left. I hadn't checked my email so I wasn't aware of it yet, but when we got our DME paperwork on our door, they had printed our boarding passes and assigned us a time in line with our new departure time. I'm guessing they were aware of it because they printed our boarding passes, so this may not be typical. Not sure if they still print boarding passes, and I know this isn't something they always do because its not happened for us on our last couple trips.

DME pickup times are assigned the day before. The odds of a major time change much less a cancellation (barring something catastrophic) I'd say are slim.
Perhaps, but still possible. Point being that its better for someone to use Uber/Lyft or private transport if they want to leave later, rather than game the system which has potential complications.

You're still misleading ppl. to manipulate them into thinking your way is the only way. You're still stating a false fact. As numerous ppl have already explained they've rearranged their ME times many times with no issues. So it is an option, perhaps not an option you would choose, but it can/does work/is an option. It's nver okay in my opinion to make someone believe something that is false. Totally okay to give you're opinion that you don't think it's wise or explain the reasons that you wouldn't do it, but that's very different than lying to someone.
I said guests who want to maximize their last day at WDW must use private transportation. That's not an opinion. That's not a false fact. You can tweak your DME pickup time by giving Disney a false fact, lie when giving your flight number.
osouthwe
edited to add. Some posters want to cut it close. Airlines frequently close the jetway door 10 minutes before pushback. Southwest passengers with A BPs need to be at the gate 20 minutes or more before flight time.

yes, odds are slim the day before but that’s not the point because 99% of people are not informing ME the day or two before, they are months before.
if you give them a time a few months before, the odds of a change is greater.
“Today“ is clearly a odd time but let’s say I give ME flight info today for a July trip. If it changes a month from now and I don’t know it, ME scheduling a pick up time for me the day before doesn’t do me any good if the new time backfires on me.
I don't doubt what you're saying, but on one trip, we had our flight bumped on Southwest to an hour later at some point between the time we arrived and the day before we left. I hadn't checked my email so I wasn't aware of it yet, but when we got our DME paperwork on our door, they had printed our boarding passes and assigned us a time in line with our new departure time. I'm guessing they were aware of it because they printed our boarding passes, so this may not be typical. Not sure if they still print boarding passes, and I know this isn't something they always do because its not happened for us on our last couple trips.

Perhaps, but still possible. Point being that its better for someone to use Uber/Lyft or private transport if they want to leave later, rather than game the system which has potential complications.
You get it!

My last trip, I got boarding passes but I think they asked if I wanted them when turning in baggage.
One thing I learned when traveling with lap children is the boarding pass needs to say it on there that there is a lap child. We got the security and they wouldn’t let the lap child through because it didn’t say it in the boarding pass so we had to go back down and stand in line anyway.
after standing in line the airline just took a pen and in hand writing out “lc“ on it.
back up to security and no issues. Looked at the pass going down to start with and it was in hand too. Real scientific approach lol

Southwest passengers with A BPs need to be at the gate 20 minutes or more before flight time.
Good point. Southwest boarding starts 30 minutes prior to the flight departure time. If a person wants to board at their assigned boarding group, particularly if they paid for Early Bird Check-in, they should be at the gate 30 minutes prior to their flight. If our flight is at 7pm, we just call it 6:30pm for that reason.

yes, odds are slim the day before but that’s not the point because 99% of people are not informing ME the day or two before, they are months before.
if you give them a time a few months before, the odds of a change is greater.
“Today“ is clearly a odd time but let’s say I give ME flight info today for a July trip. If it changes a month from now and I don’t know it, ME scheduling a pick up time for me the day before doesn’t do me any good if the new time backfires on me.

You get it!

My last trip, I got boarding passes but I think they asked if I wanted them when turning in baggage.
One thing I learned when traveling with lap children is the boarding pass needs to say it on there that there is a lap child. We got the security and they wouldn’t let the lap child through because it didn’t say it in the boarding pass so we had to go back down and stand in line anyway.
after standing in line the airline just took a pen and in hand writing out “lc“ on it.
back up to security and no issues. Looked at the pass going down to start with and it was in hand too. Real scientific approach lol
If someone wants to cut it close, and they know they are going to, they can wait until they check in at the resort to give a fake flight #. Or a couple days before their departure. Airlines changing flight times are easy issue to avoid (if you want to give a fake flight).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!