Can I Make It - MCO to Epcot Edition

ExtraMagic

Happy Disney Mom!
Frequent flyers, I have a will-I-make-it challenge! I'm flying in on a Sunday. My flight lands at MCO at 9:30 a.m.
I'm traveling solo
I only have carry-on luggage
I'm taking Lyft
I'll need to drop my bag at Coronado (although maybe I could leave it in an Epcot locker?)
I have a FP for Soarin for 10:30-11:30 am
Can I make it from airport gate at 9:30 to Soarin by 11:30?
Thanks for input!

Frequent flyers, I have a will-I-make-it challenge! I'm flying in on a Sunday. My flight lands at MCO at 9:30 a.m.
I'm traveling solo
I'm taking Lyft
I'll need to drop my bag at Coronado (although maybe I could leave it in an Epcot locker?)
Thanks for input!
I would take the Lyft directly to Epcot and get a locker, and as long as the flight arrives on time you should have no problem getting to Soarin by 11:30.

Maybe, but why even stress and make it hard on yourself? Book a later FP time so you don’t have to watch the clock and get upset at every extra minute spent on the plane.

With the FP grace period, it's possible. Basically depends on factors outside your control or anything we can predict:
1. Will your flight arrive early, on-time, or late?
2. Will you hit traffic on the route?

It's definitely possible, but the variables are what they are. Can always try modifying your FP even while you're in the Lyft.

If you're in the Lyft by 10am, and they take the 417 to Osceola Parkway (avoids 528/I-4 traffic and World Center Dr/Buena Vista Dr lights), I'd hope you'd make it to Coronado by 10:45 with time to spare, then after your bell services stop, ~10 minutes to Epcot drop-off and ~10 minutes to Land pavilion.

If your bag is bigger than a backpack, you'll have to drop it off at the resort.

You almost certainly won't make it

The FP grace period would give you until 11:45, which helps. But we have found that Soarin same-day availability is pretty good, especially as a solo rider. I wouldn't rush too much or go too far out of your way to make it happen, because I'd think you'd be able to find another time.

Thanks for your advice everyone! Had to report back that my flight landed on time, I quickly caught a Lyft near the Southwest baggage claim, and I was in the gates at Epcot by 10:45!

I only had an overnight bag which fit in a medium locker ($12 for the day). I made it to Soarin in my fastpass window!

Had any of these factors been different, or if I had any hiccups, this plan wouldn’t have worked. But Disney Magic was strong that day and it did!

I'm traveling solo
I'm taking Lyft
Thanks for input!

All of these types of threads are the same.
  • They all involve a tight schedule
  • They all involve multiple complicating factors
  • They all usually ignore the most important factor
  • The outcome has little to do with the overall enjoyment of the trip
The overriding factor -- often overlooked -- is the ACTUAL arrival time of your flight. It makes no difference what your itinerary says; what matters is the time the flight attendants actually open the door and let people off the plane.

If you are on time or early, you will be stressed and pressed to make it in 2 hours 15 minutes, but you probably will. If your flight is delayed, you probably won't make it.

You're arriving pretty early in the morning -- is it a non-stop flight, or are you connecting? If connecting, good luck.

Worst case scenario, you miss your FP and stand in line.

No matter what, you'll be at Disney, you'll love Soarin', and hopefully you won't have such a desperate plan for any of your other days.

Have a great trip.

Thanks for your advice everyone! Had to report back that my flight landed on time, I quickly caught a Lyft near the Southwest baggage claim, and I was in the gates at Epcot by 10:45!

I only had an overnight bag which fit in a medium locker ($12 for the day). I made it to Soarin in my fastpass window!

Had any of these factors been different, or if I had any hiccups, this plan wouldn’t have worked. But Disney Magic was strong that day and it did!
Glad it all worked out for you.
I would not have pushed that hard to get there in that timeframe. But, it worked for you and hopefuly you enjoyed it.

Glad it all worked out for you.
I would not have pushed that hard to get there in that timeframe. But, it worked for you and hopefuly you enjoyed it.
Thank you! It was really fun! I normally wouldn’t do that crazy plan either but I had a few hours to enjoy Epcot before a meeting in Orlando! Loved every minute!

I would take the Lyft directly to Epcot and get a locker, and as long as the flight arrives on time you should have no problem getting to Soarin by 11:30.
Yes, I think if everyone goes smoothly you could make it as long as you didn't stop at Cornado first. I don't think you'll make it, even withthe grace period if you have to stop at Cornado to store your luggage.

Missing a FP time is not going to mess up anything, so give it a try. You can show up for that FP until 11:40. You can also try to modify & move back FP to 11:00-12:00.

The way my flights have been going this last month, you would've been landing until 2 pm anyway. So, keep modifying that FP back as those tight days progress.

Last edited:
You just paid $30. for a fast pass.

Contrasted with taking Magical Express from the airport, the bus to the park, and then doing Soarin' stand by. (Or you might have been able to modify your fast pass for a later time.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!