Can I please...block out millennial Disney rant

OhIt’sJustMagicNBD

Earning My Ears
I’m not a millennial, however, I have and continue to make, fond Disney memories without kids.
I rode Peter Pan 2 years back with my fiancée and it hit me...the last time I went on this ride, I was with my grandmother. She has since passed. She never missed an opportunity to take me to the parks. She also never missed an opportunity to sit down on a bench. I can’t bring her back, but when I go on Peter Pan, that memory of her sitting next to me will always be there.
My family is very important to me. When my fiancée and I first went away together, we met my family at Magic Kingdom. Seeing her interact with my family sealed the deal for me and I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.
While riding Splash Mountain, sitting next to my teenage brother, I caught the guest in front of me’s hat, mid-big drop, and was the coolest of cool in my brother’s eyes.
I don’t read or pay attention to the news. I look periodically on wdwnt and watch disunplugged videos to stay in the loop for Disney related things.
When things like a mother ranting about people like me pop up on my radar, it is just terrible. My parents were going through a divorce in the 80’s, my grandparents moved to central Florida. Is it so hard for people to understand that I was visiting my family, making memories with my dad (some of the only time I got with him), and then returning years later to soak in the magic and return to those happy memories of my youth? Why should having children or not be a factor? I know I’m not alone in this.
Thanks for listening.

I’m not a millennial, however, I have and continue to make, fond Disney memories without kids.
I rode Peter Pan 2 years back with my fiancée and it hit me...the last time I went on this ride, I was with my grandmother. She has since passed. She never missed an opportunity to take me to the parks. She also never missed an opportunity to sit down on a bench. I can’t bring her back, but when I go on Peter Pan, that memory of her sitting next to me will always be there.
My family is very important to me. When my fiancée and I first went away together, we met my family at Magic Kingdom. Seeing her interact with my family sealed the deal for me and I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.
While riding Splash Mountain, sitting next to my teenage brother, I caught the guest in front of me’s hat, mid-big drop, and was the coolest of cool in my brother’s eyes.
I don’t read or pay attention to the news. I look periodically on ***** and watch disunplugged videos to stay in the loop for Disney related things.
When things like a mother ranting about people like me pop up on my radar, it is just terrible. My parents were going through a divorce in the 80’s, my grandparents moved to central Florida. Is it so hard for people to understand that I was visiting my family, making memories with my dad (some of the only time I got with him), and then returning years later to soak in the magic and return to those happy memories of my youth? Why should having children or not be a factor? I know I’m not alone in this.
Thanks for listening.
Thank you for sharing this. I think there are many people out there (here?) who understand just how you feel and one bitter, unhappy person doesn't matter or make one bit of difference. (Maybe she's like the Grinch? Her heart needs to grow 3 sizes?!) DH's experience was the opposite of yours with your dad. His Disney memories were of painful custody visits, so when we married, it took a while for the healing to start. But now, he talks fondly about "building our Disney memories together" -- memories that include our family, of blood and of choice, bound by love and by joy, with children and children-at-heart, where age or the lack of age makes no difference. Your Disney memories of your family are precious and the future memories you will add will be even more so. Best wishes to you and your future wife for your happily ever after!

“Over at our place, we’re sure of just one thing: everybody in the world was once a child. So in planning a new picture, we don’t think of grown-ups, and we don’t think of children, but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall.” – Walt Disney

“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.” – Walt Disney

Here is two quotes from Walt. I think people forget about. Disney is about Family young and old.

Disney isn't just about Money, it is about Family and finding that inner Child that wants to have fun. If this Lady can't smile or just be happy in the Happiest place on earth I think she needs to stop and take a breath and think "maybe this isn't my happy place."

My wife and I are childness Disney vacationers and yes I agree Disney World can be crowd, expensive, and frustrating sometimes but it is also one of my favorite place to be. Every time I first walk into the Magic Kingdom......you couldn't take that smile off my face. We have so many memories of Disney and we even got married at House of Blues in Disney Spring(at the time).

OhIt’sJustMagic - Don't worry about this Lady and people that think this way. These are the people who should not be at Disney....these are people that need to be banned.....if you can't take time to enjoy this place. Disney is about Happiness and enjoying your family and friends!!

I don’t read or pay attention to the news. I look periodically on ***** and watch disunplugged videos to stay in the loop for Disney related things.
Thanks for listening.
As if you're letting that ghastly woman bother you! She hates her own kids, not people like us! Book more trips and gleefully know that you are bugging her every single time you line up for a pretzel!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!