Can I sell 2 out of 5 exchange certificates???? - Inlaws backed out of trip

The tickets you bought in Spring 2017 at a discount are valid until 2030 because that promotion started before they started adding an expiration date on their tickets in Feb 2017. In fact, the publicity for this promotion stated they didn’t have an expiration date (turns out they have one, 2030).

From what I've been told by Disney Staff and other Disney pros, is that the tickets aren't valid after 2019, the value of them (the price I paid) is valid till 2030. So essentially I am selling "gift cards" towards the purchase of tickets of a greater value. If they don't sell, I will keep them as "gift cards" towards new tickets for the future, but really don't feel like we will be choosing to go again.
Those "Pros" are wrong. They expire the 6 days hopper ticket in 2030, but value will still be there after that. The present day price is $480US for those tickets if they are adult. If you truly don't want them and are selling for $400 CAN there are lots who would jump at these. I for one would wait till your back from your trip. See if you would ever go again, or relatives would go. I would not, unless you need the money now, sell them and at such a loss.
Good luck with your decision.

From what I've been told by Disney Staff and other Disney pros, is that the tickets aren't valid after 2019, the value of them (the price I paid) is valid till 2030. So essentially I am selling "gift cards" towards the purchase of tickets of a greater value. If they don't sell, I will keep them as "gift cards" towards new tickets for the future, but really don't feel like we will be choosing to go again.

That's incorrect. They expire in 2030. Canadian resident tickets purchased under this year's promotion do expire. Last year's don't. The information provide by Disney staff over the phone is notoriously inaccurate.

Based on what you originally posted in October - bought last spring at 35% off - you have the non-expiring ones. The tickets from this fall and winter sale do have an expiry date. There is lots of confusion around this, so do check the dates so you understand what you have. As @momof2gr8kids indicates, what you have are worth gold at the rate Disney tickets escalate in price.

That's incorrect. They expire in 2030. Canadian resident tickets purchased under this year's promotion do expire. Last year's don't. The information provide by Disney staff over the phone is notoriously inaccurate.
That’s what I thought as well but my tickets purchased 2 weeks ago during the Promotion (which said 2018) say 2030 in MDE... humm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter