can i split my reservation in half?

ellenmiele

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Can one 8-nite reservation be split into 2 4-nite reservations?

Here's the scenario:
My daughter is going to BW and using my points but I have 8 days booked with the plan to cancel nights once she gets her airfare (she's picking the exact travel days based on air fare rates). Anyway.... it looks like she will go for the last 4 nights and when I was talking to my sister (who lives close enough to drive so airfare not an issue) about this she said she was thinking about going soon too......so I was thinking about offering her the first 4 nights (she recently helped me out with something and I have been looking for a way to thank her).

Anyway here's my question.... can I split my resrvation into 2 without having to cancel and rebook? Give the first 4 nights to my sister and and the last 4 nites to my daughter on 2 separate reservations? Its a BW standard studio so I dont want to take any chances with cancelling and rebooking! Would my other option just be to put all of them on the reservation for the entire stay even though they wouldnt all be there the whole time? But of course there wouldnt be housekeeping in between in this scenario.

And this all hinges on one more night coming thru on waitlist which is why I'm asking here and not calling MS yet.

Hope this question makes sense!
:thanks:

Splitting is not normally an option, you need to cancel and re-book. I would just have all names on the reservation and just pay to have the unit cleaned, get new sheets and towels on the change over day. Have SIS close out her bill on the last day and DD add her CCd when she arrives. Have DME set up for DD dates.

Agree with Bill. Easiest would be to put everyone on the reservation for all 8 nights and then pay for a full cleaning after your sister leaves.

Last edited:
How is an early full cleaning arranged? Just request it at checkin?

If it will be 8 nights you should get a full cleaning on the 4th day.

If it will be 8 nights you should get a full cleaning on the 4th day.
thanks! we dont usually stay that many nights so I didnt realize the mousekeeping schedule was different

I would still check with the front desk or housekeeping to make sure they do the full on day 4, they don't always know what they are supposed to do.

Yes, but day 4 will be before night 4 which her sister is using.

You will need a full cleaning on day 5. I am not sure if you can ask for it to be changed or if you will have to pay for it to be done again on day 5.

Anyone know the charge for a full clean? We have a similar scenario in which my son is leaving and sister-in-law is coming. All are on the reservation but I’ll need fresh sheets for one of the beds.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $15 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $25 per day requested

Yes, but day 4 will be before night 4 which her sister is using.

You will need a full cleaning on day 5. I am not sure if you can ask for it to be changed or if you will have to pay for it to be done again on day 5.
You can ask for your full cleaning day to be changed, but in my experience, it can be hit or miss whether they show up on the alternate day you requested.

We did this once on a stay at BWV. We called housekeeping and requested to have the full cleaning on day 5 instead of day 4. They did skip us on day 4 but then did not come the next day either. I called when we got back to the room around 6pm because since no one had serviced the room in 5 days, we were running out of TP and other things. They were very apologetic, sent someone up with several rolls of TP, and ended up doing the full cleaning on day 6, and again on day 7, and then we got Trash and Towel on day 8, by which time they had left us with dozens of clean towels and no where to put them all!

You can ask for your full cleaning day to be changed, but in my experience, it can be hit or miss whether they show up on the alternate day you requested.

We did this once on a stay at BWV. We called housekeeping and requested to have the full cleaning on day 5 instead of day 4. They did skip us on day 4 but then did not come the next day either. I called when we got back to the room around 6pm because since no one had serviced the room in 5 days, we were running out of TP and other things. They were very apologetic, sent someone up with several rolls of TP, and ended up doing the full cleaning on day 6, and again on day 7, and then we got Trash and Towel on day 8, by which time they had left us with dozens of clean towels and no where to put them all!
It seems that trying to change their schedule throws everything off!

I disagree with the prospect that this can't be done. I believe they could split an existing reservation in two this way. I would suggest calling. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I have had reservations split in 2 a few times. It can be done without loosing the room. Just make sure they don't totally cancel the reservation on you (I haven't had this happen).

I think it depends on the CM you happen to get on the line. I did this a few years ago (plans changed, so I rented the first half, but kept the second), and it seemed like it took an act of congress to get them to finally split it. I really didn't understand what the problem was (and honestly still don't 100% get it), but apparently it is a way for some people to be sneaky and circumvent booking windows.

I think it depends on the CM you happen to get on the line. I did this a few years ago (plans changed, so I rented the first half, but kept the second), and it seemed like it took an act of congress to get them to finally split it. I really didn't understand what the problem was (and honestly still don't 100% get it), but apparently it is a way for some people to be sneaky and circumvent booking windows.

i don't get how that would work. I could see if the thinking is that you book 8 days, and then cancel the first 4 in order to circumvent the booking window, but this is certainly allowed. Splitting an existing reservation and not canceling doesn't really do anything to affect the booking window.

I could see if the thinking is that you book 8 days, and then cancel the first 4 in order to circumvent the booking window, but this is certainly allowed.

That was my argument... the days are my days, I booked them so I should be able to drop/change as needed. Was not as easy as that, unfortunately.

You can have them change which days the housekeeping is done, if you are not adding additional housekeeping days, then there would be not extra charge, but you will need to stay on top of them if you do that.

Personally, I think that is the simplest option rather than trying to split the reservation and finding that the CM somehow hit the wrong button and cancelled part or all of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter