Can I use faifx card

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
I am having a few issues with my bank and its charges at the moment and wondered if I can pay my monthly payments via my fairfx card? They have again charged me £9.60 for this months payment. Is there any other way if fairfx not allowed.
Thanku

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am having a few issues with my bank and its charges at the moment and wondered if I can pay my monthly payments via my fairfx card? They have again charged me £9.60 for this months payment. Is there any other way if fairfx not allowed.
Thanku

We always thought we could only pay the annual dues either by credit card, pre-paid card or a US cheque in full each January or by setting up an automatic direct debit from a bank account so paying over the following 12 months at no extra charge.

We’ve never used a FairFx card so not 100% sure on our answer but wouldn’t think you could use that under the direct debit bank option.

But it is possible to pre-pay your 2014 dues so if you were in a financial position to do that then you could use your FairFx card and phone up Member Accounting and pay any amount at any time of the year, so come January when you receive the Annual Dues Statement you will only need to pay the difference between the amount due and what you’ve already paid upfront.

So if you want to test this out and you have some spare dollars on you FairFx card why don’t you phone up Member Accounting on the free-phone number and ask to credit say $25 towards your dues, they’ll ask you for your 16-digit number and hey presto it should be as easy as that. You can then go online after a few days and the $25 will show up as a credit.

If you also have the spare funds sitting in a sterling account and possibly earning little to no interest then think about paying off what remains of this years annual dues and if that’s an option for you then ask Member Accounting if you could pay off the outstanding balance for this year and cancel your direct debit, then all you need to do it load your FairFx card to whatever’s outstanding and this will save you £9.60 a month so a lot more than what that sterling amount is earning in interest.

By getting yourself into the position of paying all or most of next years dues up front then there are more options to make those dues payments, such as by credit card, a FairFx or another pre-paid card, a US dollar account or even by Disney Gift Cards.

Many US Members have found that they're in the fortunate position of making a 5% saving on their dues payment by paying with Disney Gift Cards and that's a great saving.

Hope the above helps.

You only pay dues monthly from a US bank account. Your only option would be to contact MS and pay off the remaining balance on your dues with your Fairfx (or other credit/debit) card.

You only pay dues monthly from a US bank account. Your only option would be to contact MS and pay off the remaining balance on your dues with your Fairfx (or other credit/debit) card.

Its not the dues payment its my loan payments I was enquiring about. I know I can pay the annual dues via fairfx and to be honest I had to use DB debit card last month as I had lost my purse. Unlike this country they just took the card number and did not ask to speak to him.
My loan payment is not direct debit/standing order. Its just my debit card number.
I have sent them an email but awaiting their response.
Thanks for your advice both x

Its not the dues payment its my loan payments I was enquiring about. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sorry Crabbie1, didn't realise it was for a loan repayment and was slightly surprised when reading your reply as I always thought the Disney loans were very expensive and hope you don't mind me making the following comment.

I read an article yesterday on DVC-News that Disney has just increased some of it's rates for new loans and these will vary between 8.99 and 17.5% which seems high when compared to say Tesco's rates and here's a few examples with them.

£5,000 over 5-years at 7% with monthly repayments of £98.49, total repaid £5,909.
£10,000 over 10-years at 5.1% with monthly repayments of £105.98, total repaid £12,718.

If your Disney loan rate is much more then maybe there's an option to paying off all or even half your Disney loan with a UK loan, it could that prove more beneficial and you won't need to worry about the fluctuations in the exchange rate, that's so long as your happy with the current $1.50.

Sainsbury's also offer similar loans.

Have a good weekend.

Samaya said:
Sorry Crabbie1, didn't realise it was for a loan repayment and was slightly surprised when reading your reply as I always thought the Disney loans were very expensive and hope you don't mind me making the following comment.

I read an article yesterday on DVC-News that Disney has just increased some of it's rates for new loans and these will vary between 8.99 and 17.5% which seems high when compared to say Tesco's rates and here's a few examples with them.

£5,000 over 5-years at 7% with monthly repayments of £98.49, total repaid £5,909.
£10,000 over 10-years at 5.1% with monthly repayments of £105.98, total repaid £12,718.

If your Disney loan rate is much more then maybe there's an option to paying off all or even half your Disney loan with a UK loan, it could that prove more beneficial and you won't need to worry about the fluctuations in the exchange rate, that's so long as your happy with the current $1.50.

Sainsbury's also offer similar loans.

Have a good weekend.

Its ok. Im aware of the rates being higher but when we took out the contract my deceased ex could not get any credit due to his exwife leaving him with a load of debt to pay off hence disney finance. I am not in a financial position to take out a loan as after being "stuck" with dvc when dave died And the debt he left me I have to leave as it is for now. In 2 years it will be a different story so will look into a uk loan. Its not a bad thing to be stuck with and my new DB contributes in other ways allowing me to pay dvc comfortably.
I put my fairfx card into the payment box on members site and it accepted it. So we will see on the 2 nd of next month. I pay 10.75% rate through disney finance. Thanku for the advice. X

We used a fairfx card for every loan payment. We just watched the rate and topped it up as and when needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!