• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can it be? My dad is going to WDW!! Only took 45 years between visits !

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
So this will be a long intro as to how this came about and who is going at this time..

WDW with the family December 17- 28 2016
As the title implies my Dad hasn’t been to Disney since it opened in 1971 (my very first of many many trips) I went several times when I was young with my Uncle and Aunt to be the babysitter as I was 10 yrs older than their kids, then as a grown-up I have been on a honeymoon 1992, my kids first trip when they were soo small DD was 3 and DS was only 7 months, then I got a divorce and brought my kids as a single mom Dec 2001, Thanksgiving 2002 , June 2003 , July 2004, July 2005, and April 2006 .. my mom and sister came with us for parts of the trips in 2001 and 2004, also in 2005 I discovered solo trips and went once each year from Oct 2005, Oct 2006 and Feb 2007
All these trips my dad thought was crazy.. so much money for a vacation and to always the same place.. I just couldn’t convey how I felt when there and how much the kids needed to see me in that silly no worries environment because let’s face it, being a single parent isn’t easy no matter who you are.. then in 2008 I got remarried, 2009 foreclosed on and moved in with my sis from 2009-2011.. things got easier when we moved out and into our new little home a 1972 2 bedroom mobile home in a park haaa! So we started saving BUT…
2012 bring lots of stuff, my daughter got selected on the Varsity Softball Team to travel to Disney in April of her senior year for spring training, FUN well I had to suck it up and share a room in DTD with her step mom and step brother who was also a senior thankfully our schedules didn’t match up a lot of the time and I had fun although my DD was team building and not really with me at all.. and then the second miracle happened I got selected to go to Disney with work an all expense paid trip and training for 4 days at the Yacht Club in May and could extend the trip and have family meet me down there after the conference.. OMG what a time that was!!! So at the end of the conference my Hub flew down for his very first trip so here we are 2012 and I have been the second week of April , the last few days of April and the whole first week of May .. 3 trips in about 5 weeks!!!! That was the best ever!!!
So my Hubs is chef and he deemed Disney fun and we should go when we can so we saved again and went for 10 days Sept/OCT 2014 for the Food and Wine Festival.. GREAT time!!! Highly recommend it!!
And we are now saving again this time so my kids can join us and my parents.. Apparently my dad just needed 45 years to warm up to the fact that Disney is not just for kids.. He is going to be amazed!! I can’t wait.. While he is not super out going he will just have to suck it up for lots of pictures, a first visit button and a few character meals.. Haa
Still trying to convince my sister and her SO to consider coming even if it’s just for a few days (they are saving for Alaska 2017)
CAST
Me – 46 LOVER of Disney and Eeyore
Hubs – 34 Loves me and Dumbo
Meg – 23 Loves having her nails done, her dog, and girly diva stuff
Ky – 20 Loves racing, hockey, his GF
Mom – Loves Disney Food and Thrill Rides
Dad – Loves us all and is willing to stick his neck out on this trip…
Nothing really planned yet.. I hope for free dining as that is how the pattern has been.. Staying at the Pop most likely as that is my fave value. Flying from Portland Maine.. J
Thanks for reading this – Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter