Can kids get regular meals at Counter Service?

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
Can my kids get regular/adult meals at Counter Service? We will be on the regular dining plan and last time they got so sick of the typical kids meals.

I'm pretty sure I read on here there's no difference between the adult and child Counter Service credits but I can't find that post now.

Doesn't make sense that they would allow this but if they do I'm going to take advantage!!

Yes you can. The kids quick service dining plan and the adults quick service dining plan do not show up differently on the computer system. It just says "1 Quick service dining plan credit." So, pretend you're going to a counter service by yourself to order for 4 people. Your kids aren't present (maybe they're holding a table). You order 4 entrees, you say "use 4 quick service credits, please" and they do it.

It wouldn't make sense if a CM saw your kids with you, says "hey, kids can only get kids meals, sorry." You could easily say "these meals are for my parents over there" or you could simply get your husband to watch the kids outside while you order the food.

So, in the end, it's just easier if Disney just lets everyone order what they wanna order.

Don't give them any ideas on labeling the quick service dining credits as kids credits in the computer program (fingers crossed).

They won't label the credits as kids and adults as long as there are quick service locations that don't offer kids menus.

Your kids can also share an adult meal, depending on how much they eat of course. They have so many options now

It shouldn't be a problem. But be aware Disney's web site does state that kids must order from the kids menu when one is available. They don't seem to enforce that much, but you may run into it, so be prepared.

They won't label the credits as kids and adults as long as there are quick service locations that don't offer kids menus.
I didn't realize there were places that did not offer kid's meals. Are they rare? I am actually surprised Disney has not labeled kid's credits. There is a big price difference between kid's meals and adult meals.

I was surprised by this also....I will take advantage when possible!:-)

Keep in mind that Disney does want you to order from the kids meal when one is available. This is directly from their web site:

"Each Guest ages 3 and over will receive a refillable drink mug, which is eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort hotel. Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from a children’s menu, where available."

I just read something recently to the effect that Disney has started enforcing this, so be aware. It might have been at TS restaurants, though.

It was at a ts and it was someone w dxdp. Ts for ddp already has child credits and adult credits

There are only qs credits and snack credits. No designation of type of credit.

I didn't realize there were places that did not offer kid's meals. Are they rare? I am actually surprised Disney has not labeled kid's credits. There is a big price difference between kid's meals and adult meals.

One place I think of that doesn't have kid's meals is the Yorkshire Fish place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter