Can Kids Order From The Adult Menu With a Dining Plan?

Je-Ree Olenik

Wish Upon A Star
My daughter loves "adult" food. chicken tenders and mac n cheese isn't her thing lol she loves salmon, avocado, etc.

After trying to make dining reservations I noticed certain restaurants kids menu won't work.

Does anyone know if she could just order from the adult menu with our standard dining plan?

Sorry if this is a stupid question LOL

My daughter loves "adult" food. chicken tenders and mac n cheese isn't her thing lol she loves salmon, avocado, etc.

After trying to make dining reservations I noticed certain restaurants kids menu won't work.

Does anyone know if she could just order from the adult menu with our standard dining plan?

Sorry if this is a stupid question LOL

Unfortunately, no. With the regular plan (1 TS, 1 QS, 2 snacks), the TS credits are separated and kids MUST order from the kid's menu. You'll either need to change which restaurants you want, change to the DxDDP which will allow her to order from the adult menu, drop the plan and pay OOP, or hope she's in the mood for some kid food.

You can up-age her to ten. You will have to pay more for her DDP (assuming you're not under the Free DDP promotion), and a little more for her ticket. If she's not going to enjoy the kid meal selection, it's worth serious consideration.

I had a similar issue when we were booked under free dining when my daughter was 9. She always had food envy when my meal came out. I found some of the better buffets worked well, Boma, Tusker house, maybe Cape May dinner if she’s into fish.

Is she your only child? The reason I ask is that we had free dining the year my kids were 11 & 9, and what worked for us was for the kids to share the 11 year old's adult meal, and then the 9 year old would order something like mac and cheese that they would share as a side. We were lucky that they could normally agree to the same meal. They are now 14 & 12, and we no longer do the dining plan. They are both fairly adventurous eaters, but don't eat a lot. We find it still works well for them to share a TS meal.

You can up-age her to ten. You will have to pay more for her DDP (assuming you're not under the Free DDP promotion), and a little more for her ticket. If she's not going to enjoy the kid meal selection, it's worth serious consideration.

I was just going to suggest this. Just upgrade the child to adult and then she does not need to stick to the kids menu. Either that or skip the plan and pay OOP for everyone.

she is my only child. thanks everyone for the suggestions. i found a couple of places that would work. like coral reef has fish of the day which is most likely salmon. i'll look into the cost of upgrading but we are on the free dining promotion. we go aug 1-8.

she is my only child. thanks everyone for the suggestions. i found a couple of places that would work. like coral reef has fish of the day which is most likely salmon. i'll look into the cost of upgrading but we are on the free dining promotion. we go aug 1-8.

Being on the FD promotion, I would call and see if they'll simply "age her up". The cost would be miniscule if they'll do it.

Aging her up is a good plan. The difference is only in ticket cost, and that is negligible. The plan is free so no harm no foul there.

We never het the DP and my son will rarely eat chicken tenders or Burgers. With that there are a good number of places that will offer a decent Kids meal. You can age her up but of course your Tip will be reflected as such but that is your discretion and she may not eat that amount of food. places that I have found have good kids meal to name a few Whispering Canyon, Ranglan Road , Coral Reef, any Buffett for that fact almost any resort restaurant and most in EPCOT. As far as counter service we do not eat at Disney Studios or Hollywood Studios or whatever it is called these days so can not comment Magic Kingdom is a problem my son would never eat so we always bought an adult meal.

Being on the FD promotion, I would call and see if they'll simply "age her up". The cost would be miniscule if they'll do it.
Yep. The only additional cost with free dining would be the adult price for her ticket.
places that I have found have good kids meal to name a few Whispering Canyon, Ranglan Road , Coral Reef, any Buffett
Good point. If the OP's family is doing mostly buffets, no need to age up.

9 years old

My daughter was 9.5 on our last trip, and she's the same way. We were willing to pay more for her to have the adult plan, so I changed her birthday in MDE and bought her adult tickets and an adult dining plan for our trip. The difference in theme park tickets was minimal--I want to say it was about $30-$50 total for the entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!