Can Quick Service equal snacks?

dljohn

Earning My Ears
We will be staying on property Feb 29 - March 4, so 4 nights. We purchased the middle Dining Plan where we get 1 mug per person, then per day each person gets 1 QS, 1 TS and 2 Snacks. We wont get to our resort until about 6PM and made an ADR for our 1 TS. We are leaving really early in the morning on the 4th so cant use QS then. Since we will have the QS and 2 snacks for that day but wont do a QS meal, what are our options for that one? I read where a QS can be traded in for 3 snacks in one transaction? Is that correct? I just want to make sure we use all our credits even though we get there late.

Can a quick service be used for breakfast? If so, it is the same of an entree and drink?

Or for our extra QS, could we do a breakfast entree and not use the drink credit at breakfast (just use our refillable mug) and use the drink credit later in the day for an alcohol drink? Or can you not use them separate like that for a QS?

You receive all your credits as soon as you check in. Use them how you like,they are not credited each day if that makes sense.

a qs credit includes a beverage and entree/combo. It is not a beverage credit. It must be used w the rest of the qs credit. The beverage portion cannot be saved til later. At your resort, you may be allowed to sub a snack for your beverage when redeeming a qs credit. Using your mug for beverage. This is not everywhere and reports are spotty on if you can or not.

your qs credit can be used for any meal. Up to you how you use it.

and you can swap 1 qs for 3 snacks, must be used at the same time/stand or store. And only snacks can be used. alcohol is never a snack credit.

Last edited:
You receive all your credits as soon as you check in. Use them how you like,they are not credited each day if that makes sense.

a qs credit includes a beverage and entree/combo. It is not a beverage credit. It must be used w the rest of the qs credit. The beverage portion cannot be saved til later. At your resort, you may be allowed to sub a snack for your beverage when redeeming a qs credit. Using your mug for beverage. This is not everywhere and reports are spotty on if you can or not.

your qs credit can be used for any meal. Up to you how you use it.

and you can swap 1 qs for 3 snacks, must be used at the same time/stand or store. And only snacks can be used. alcohol is never a snack credit.
@Pumbaa_ So since because of us getting there later in the day, we sorta have an extra QS per person, so we could use that as a breakfast one day (entree & drink) or as 3 extra snacks (redeemed all 3 at one place/time) or just have another QS meal if we wanted, right?

I found this concerning participating 2020 restaurants http://www.mouseketrips.com/images/dininglocations20.pdf
Do you think this would be accurate for choices on the dining plan for 2020?

Do any places in Disney Springs usually participate? If this list is accurate I don't see any there listed.
I appreciate all the help I have been given. Planning this trip is a lot more detailed than I thought it would be.

I found this concerning participating 2020 restaurants http://www.mouseketrips.com/images/dininglocations20.pdf
Do you think this would be accurate for choices on the dining plan for 2020?

Do any places in Disney Springs usually participate? If this list is accurate I don't see any there listed.
I appreciate all the help I have been given. Planning this trip is a lot more detailed than I thought it would be.

Most, if not all(?), eateries in Disney Springs are eligible on the dining plans. They sometimes don't get updated right away on those spreadsheets since they aren't owned by Disney and I think they sign new contracts each year about dining plan participation, but it all gets updated eventually. There are plenty of table service, quick service, and snack credit dining plan options available there.

It should be finalized by end of January. Seriously. Contracts are still being signEd. Then graphics updated. It’s a process.
ive never seen any restaurant not join (v&a excluded of course)

It should be finalized by end of January. Seriously. Contracts are still being signEd. Then graphics updated. It’s a process.
ive never seen any restaurant not join (v&a excluded of course)
@Pumbaa_ Is there a place that I can look once it is all final? I appreciate it.

@Pumbaa_ Ahhhh ok. This is the first time I have used the dining plan and it is overwhelming to me trying to plan it all. I was thinking only the places I found on that site were places to choose from. This certainly opens choices up. Thanks for the link also. Thank You

Disney‘s dining plans are integrated into everywhere. which is a huge plus. You can use your snack credits everywhere including food courts and resort gift stores. It is simple to use. But planning helps a ton.

w snack credits people either blow them madly or hoard them and bring home rice crispy treats by the barrel full. Credits are also available to everyone in your party. So one out of control ‘guest’ can blow through all your credits in a day.

you receipts will tell you how many of the credit type used remain. You can also get this info from concierge and I believe mde

@Pumbaa_ So since because of us getting there later in the day, we sorta have an extra QS per person, so we could use that as a breakfast one day (entree & drink) or as 3 extra snacks (redeemed all 3 at one place/time) or just have another QS meal if we wanted, right?

Keep in mind you also have the option of using the QS credit one day for one of your dinner meals, then use two TS credits for a signature dining meal. Some of the QS credits are fairly good and easily fill a nicer meal, and would think using it then two TS for a nice signature is better then three snacks. But that’s just my thought.

We will be staying on property Feb 29 - March 4, so 4 nights. We purchased the middle Dining Plan where we get 1 mug per person, then per day each person gets 1 QS, 1 TS and 2 Snacks. We wont get to our resort until about 6PM and made an ADR for our 1 TS. We are leaving really early in the morning on the 4th so cant use QS then. Since we will have the QS and 2 snacks for that day but wont do a QS meal, what are our options for that one? I read where a QS can be traded in for 3 snacks in one transaction? Is that correct? I just want to make sure we use all our credits even though we get there late.
please double check your dining credits. Your dining plan is 1 TS, 1QS, 2 snacks per night of your stay (not days). So each person would have: 4TS, 4 qs, and 8 snacks, plus the refillable mug.

One quick service can be converted to 3 snacks if done in one single transaction.

Your credits are available from time of check in til 11:59 pm on day of checkout, and can be used the wa y you chose.

If you have any children (9and under) on the plan, we don’t know yet if their child qs credit can be traded for a snack and is it 1-1? I highly doubt it would be for 3 snacks w the change

Do you have to do a QS converted to 3 snack credits at a QS location, or could it also be done at a bakery and/or gift shop?

We‘ve got the QS dinning plan, for the first time, but will probably do 3-5 sit down meals. Since we obviously can’t use QS meals on those, we were thinking about maybe hitting a bakery and converting 2 QS credits to 6 snack credits and get pastries/muffins for a quick breakfast in our room. Does that make sense or does anyone have better suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter