Can resale buyers still purchase Tables In Wonderland?

oh so you don't need an annual pass to buy it? i thought you had to. i never realized that as a dvc member. resale pre 4/16. when we buy our dicounted passes we always add TIW cause we save alot. but always thought you needed to be an AP holder also.

that's good if tickets keep getting more and more expensive and we don't get AP we can still get TIW.

jim

oh so you don't need an annual pass to buy it? i thought you had to. i never realized that as a dvc member. resale pre 4/16. when we buy our dicounted passes we always add TIW cause we save alot. but always thought you needed to be an AP holder also.

that's good if tickets keep getting more and more expensive and we don't get AP we can still get TIW.

jim

It was added as an option for DVC owners to buy maybe 7 or 8 years ago? It's been several years anyway.

Used to be $50 or so and a no brainer, but they jacked up the price considerably meaning you now have to spend $700 at qualifying restaurants at qualifying times to break even. Very little quick service. You also get an auto 20% tip on it. Not worth it for me.

Just a follow up:
I called TiW today and explained I'm a resale DVC member wanting to purchase TiW. She said no problem and asked for my membership number. I was able to purchase the card over the phone with no issues.

I see your trip starts December 1st. Did you tell them to start it December 1st? They can process the order so it'll be valid 12/1/17 thru 12/31/18 (other than the excluded dates, i.e. NYE). That way if you come back first week of December next year, the same card will still be valid.

Used to be $50 or so and a no brainer, but they jacked up the price considerably meaning you now have to spend $700 at qualifying restaurants at qualifying times to break even. Very little quick service. You also get an auto 20% tip on it. Not worth it for me.

To each his/her own. That's a whole different topic, plus the tip discussion isn't allowed either.

As to whether post 4/4/16 resale buyers are eligible, it's obviously not clear given the vague, conflicting policy statements from DVD. However, contrary to the TIW web site, it can simply be ordered over the phone even for DVC members. They can post-date your order a bit so it starts right before your upcoming trip.

I see your trip starts December 1st. Did you tell them to start it December 1st? They can process the order so it'll be valid 12/1/17 thru 12/31/18 (other than the excluded dates, i.e. NYE). That way if you come back first week of December next year, the same card will still be valid.
If it starts on 12/1/2017, it should be valid through 1/31/2019. But I’m under the impression that the extra time is meant to cover the time in transit, so I don’t think they’d mail a card that isn’t valid immediately.

If it starts on 12/1/2017, it should be valid through 1/31/2019. But I’m under the impression that the extra time is meant to cover the time in transit, so I don’t think they’d mail a card that isn’t valid immediately.

They expire at the end of the same month it's activated the following year, so if you start on the 1st, you effectively get 13 months. When I called a year ago in June, I asked for a card that was valid effective 9/1/16. They have some sort of process where they put your order "on hold" and automatically process it about 3 weeks in advance where it will generate the effective date you request. I received a card valid 9/1/16 through 9/30/17 over 2 weeks before the trip.

They expire at the end of the same month it's activated the following year, so if you start on the 1st, you effectively get 13 months. When I called a year ago in June, I asked for a card that was valid effective 9/1/16. They have some sort of process where they put your order "on hold" and automatically process it about 3 weeks in advance where it will generate the effective date you request. I received a card valid 9/1/16 through 9/30/17 over 2 weeks before the trip.
They’re supposed to be valid through the end of the next month. You should always get 13 months. The earlier in the month you get it, the closer to 14 months you get.

I asked about that but they said once it's sent, it's valid. So he's going to send it to me on November 6th which will have it valid until December 31, 2018. I'm not overly concerned with the expiration with this card because we're 99% sure we won't go to Disney in 2018.

They’re supposed to be valid through the end of the next month. You should always get 13 months. The earlier in the month you get it, the closer to 14 months you get.

Crazy. That's news to me. I always thought it was an annual fee. That's how they did it for me anyway. 9/1/16 - 9/30/17

I asked about that but they said once it's sent, it's valid. So he's going to send it to me on November 6th which will have it valid until December 31, 2018. I'm not overly concerned with the expiration with this card because we're 99% sure we won't go to Disney in 2018.

OK so that's what I figured. Either way, you're good to go.

why can you not talk about tipping?

There is an automatic 18% tip added to the bill, even if the service was more like something 14% worthy. I liked it because it had an under 3 who ate for free, so I would typically tip above 20% anyway, using the 18% as a baseline, but I could see where 18% is a bit steep for some service sometimes.

I tend to over tip. So by having them automatically add 18% to my bill for gratuity will save me at least another 2 - 5 percent. So in my eyes I'll save around 25% as we only do table service restaurants. In other words, I'm thrilled we're allowed to purchase TiW.

so i know i'm reviving an old thread but it's the only one i could find that discussed this topic directly. i wanted to give an update for anyone wondering. i emailed TiW and they said white card holders DO NOT have access to TiW. purchasing an AP would be the only way to gain access.

There are many stories of resale buying it and getting it posted out.

Resurrecting an old thread. On today's DVC show 09/02/19 Pete said resale buyers can purchase TiW. Any new experiences with this?

Resurrecting an old thread. On today's DVC show 09/02/19 Pete said resale buyers can purchase TiW. Any new experiences with this?

If you dig out the terms and conditions of buying it on the new TIW website which is now part of the Disney site rather than that old standalone site they used to have, there is absolutely nothing on there saying you have to be a direct purchaser or at least there wasn't when I last looked. It says you must show the membership IDENTIFICATION or CARD. DVC itself calls the white card, the membership IDENTIFICATION. A pure resale buyer will confirm this- it doesn't say click to access your member card if in your DVC account if you only have a white digital card- it specifically calls it a member ID. If you have resale and buy direct it changes, and says click here to see your membership CARD. So if the site is saying CARD or ID, it must be that Disney now accept an ID- otherwise they have messed up their descriptives across sites (not beyond possibility).
I have seen many reports of DVC resale buyers calling up and having it posted out anyway.

If you dig out the terms and conditions of buying it on the new TIW website which is now part of the Disney site rather than that old standalone site they used to have, there is absolutely nothing on there saying you have to be a direct purchaser or at least there wasn't when I last looked. It says you must show the membership IDENTIFICATION or CARD. DVC itself calls the white card, the membership IDENTIFICATION. A pure resale buyer will confirm this- it doesn't say click to access your member card if in your DVC account if you only have a white digital card- it specifically calls it a member ID. If you have resale and buy direct it changes, and says click here to see your membership CARD. So if the site is saying CARD or ID, it must be that Disney now accept an ID- otherwise they have messed up their descriptives across sites (not beyond possibility).
I have seen many reports of DVC resale buyers calling up and having it posted out anyway.
Thank you! Still in RoFR on our first contract and trying to get everything as straight as I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts