• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can someone explain what lock off rooms are. We are staying at VV

gillytwins

Earning My Ears
and have a 1 bdrm reserved. I saw some posts about lock off rooms but not quite sure if having a lock off is good or bad. Thanks.

Lock off rooms are usually a portion of what could be a larger unit. If you have a one bedroom or a studio, it's usually the "extra" portion of what would be called a 3 bedroom unit.

Lisa

Think of it as adjoining rooms in a normal hotel. You can open a door between them, and make them all one large unit, or shut and lock the door on both sides, making them 2 seperate, smaller units. :)

BK

We got locked out of our one bedroom unit one evening at Summer Bay when the occupants of the 2 bedroom unit locked the door from the foyer to the outside. When both units are rented together, the exterior door is locked. If the one and two bedroom units off a common foyer are rented separately, then the outside door is supposed to remain unlocked. The individual units use different keys to access their separate units from the foyer. Ask for a key to the foyer door just in case the people next door are a little too security conscious.

DVC lockoffs refer to a back to back studio and one-bedroom unit with a connecting, locking door. When this door is unlocked it becomes a DVC two-bedroom unit. If you have only reserved the one-bedroom side, this door will be locked by the staff of VWL and occupants of either side will not be able to open it. I always check to make sure the door is indeed locked when I first get there.

In a one-bedroom unit, having a lockoff studio next door doesn't make a big difference. The connection door is in the front hall and doesn't interfer with the unit itself. If you are in a BWV or VWL lockoff studio you won't have a daybed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter