Can someone point out the location of the rumored 5th theme park...

See the empty area directly to the right of Wide World of Sports and just before I-4 on Osceola. That is the area we have targeted for the 5th Theme Park.:thumbsup2

Thanks, Bob! I see it.

LOL....Could it be any farther away from the MK?!

It would be great if someone from the Podcast could address how the fact that the Motley Fool article was a clear work of fiction affects the predicitions made this week. It was pretty clear that the intent of the writer was missed by the group.

While I'm all for a 5th gate, it seemed that the basis of the prediction was the misreading of the Motley Fool article. Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

This maybe a dumb observation, and I apologize that this is a bit off topic, but isn't the Western Way development targeted to be built around that area?

Hi ADP, Nope not even close to Western Way. When You look on the map Western Way is between Animal Kingdom on the left and Number 29 Coronado Springs on the right on the map

Bob is right. This aerial map (taken from the West) may be helpful.

Bob, what is your opinion on this whole 5th theme park thing as it relates to the Motley Fool article?

Maybe it's just me, but this seems like an odd place for a new park.

Here it is on Google Maps

Seems they would be boxing themsevles into a small place....with the highway and roads they could not expand at all....maybe move the parking lot to the north of Wide World of Sports....but then that would like where/how it could grow.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's big enough to start with, but why limit themselves when they have so much room.

Unless of course they want it to be seen from I-4...I guess that maybe reason enough.

Every so often the 5th theme park rumor surfaces. I find it interesting that it should pick this time to surface again. It may be nothing but then again it may be something that could develop if enough interest is shown by folks.

Look at the 25 year Epcot celebration this past year. There was no interest in doing anything, then there was the movement from people on the web to do something and next thing you know you have an official event being done.

Disney must realize that Harry Potter land at IOA/Universal will have a big impact on how people will divide up their time for theme parks once the attraction opens.

Who knows what will be around the corner in 2009 and beyond. But it will be fun to dream about it right?

Honestly, the entire article was speculation, and we really can't have any idea until we have a credible source. And I agree that the area next to WWS probably wouldn't be the best spot; it is pretty small. If anything, I think it would be in the area between the track, AK, CSR, and the Studios. But then again, there is the water there and while they might be able to deal with that, a lot of the streams on property are protected and can't be built on (i.e. the area surrounding the treehouse villas).

It's all speculation, but it's fun to engineer.

Hi ADP, Nope not even close to Western Way. When You look on the map Western Way is between Animal Kingdom on the left and Number 29 Coronado Springs on the right on the map

Thanks for clarification. The map on the other website really makes it clear where it will be.

I'm not a "kool-aid" drinker, but I am going to trust the instincts of someone who has been around this business for a decade now (WM Pete). Seems to me these folks pretty much "live" Disney, so if this article got their spidey-senses tingling, I'm going to pay attention.

Maybe it's just me, but this seems like an odd place for a new park.

Here it is on Google Maps

Seems they would be boxing themsevles into a small place....with the highway and roads they could not expand at all....maybe move the parking lot to the north of Wide World of Sports....but then that would like where/how it could grow.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's big enough to start with, but why limit themselves when they have so much room.

Unless of course they want it to be seen from I-4...I guess that maybe reason enough.

I kind of thought the site was small at first too, but compare it in size on google maps to Hollywood Studios or Magic Kingdom. It seems close in size to both of those.

Honestly, the entire article was speculation, and we really can't have any idea until we have a credible source.
It's all speculation, but it's fun to engineer.

I agree with you tinker, I said in another thread that the article was definitely tongue in cheek, but that being said, alot less than that has started rabid speculation and rumor mongering on these boards and in the Dis community. It's always fun to speculate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter