Can someone recommend a tour guide/company for SF/Muir Woods?

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
Will be in SF during the end of March. We won't have a car, so I would like to find a tour that will give us the basics along with Muir Woods. I know these exist, but I'm not sure which one to use. I also know some drivers are better than others, and I'd like a smaller tour. We are staying in one of the Hyatt's, not the Fisherman Wharf one though. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Will be in SF during the end of March. We won't have a car, so I would like to find a tour that will give us the basics along with Muir Woods. I know these exist, but I'm not sure which one to use. I also know some drivers are better than others, and I'd like a smaller tour. We are staying in one of the Hyatt's, not the Fisherman Wharf one though. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Gray Line San Francisco has San Francisco tours of varying lengths/prices and Muir Woods tour for $50. http://sanfranciscosightseeing.com

We used them too. We took the morning tour and stayed in Sausalito for lunch then took the ferry back to SF. You can then take either the street car line that runs from Fishermans Wharf or the cable cars back to downtown.
We had a multi day Munipass and opted for the ferry option when booking the trip.

This may sound crazy, but we rented a car for ONE day just to drive across the GG bridge to Muir Woods & Sausalito. I am SO THANKFUL we did this! We would have been very upset had we paid the small fortune it costs just to go to Muir Woods. Then we were able to take our time, tour Sausalito, & take tons of pics of the GG bridge at sunset! (When we flew into SF, we rented the car at the airport. We drove it back to the airport that night & took the BART back to our hotel.)

As far as SF city touring, we toured the city by MUNI, BART, & cable cars...and on foot! We left around 7:30am & didn't get back to the hotel until about 9pm. We were exhausted, but we saw SO many things we couldn't have seen from a tour bus ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter