Can this be done?

eeyorefanatic

Devoted 2 Eeyore
We are note even engaged yet but I was just wodering...
Can you keep 8 guests for the actual ceremony, but have the reception at a restaurant for more than 8 people?

We couldn't afford a custom wedding but would love to have it at DW but we have exactly 8 people if we just do parents and our brothers (his parents have divorced and remarried.)

Could I just make PS somewhere for a large party or rent a place seperatley to have the reception?

I'm sure you could. In fact, you may be able to contact Group Dining and arrange a dinner event through them. The only catch would be you can't be in a park location in your wedding attire unless you are having a regulard wedding event. However, I would not expect there are attire restrictions (short of you must have some) for a group dining event at any non-park event.

Yes, you can have more than 8 guests (actually 13 guests, if you pay the $500 second coordinator fee) at your dinner, since this isn't arranged through FTW (Fairy Tale Weddings), but would have to go through Group Dining. They couldn't be at the cake cutting reception, since this is through FTW, but as we have learned while planning our wedding, FTW does not get involved AT ALL with intimate receptions. The person to contact for a reception at a restaurant would be Carianne Stenson-Visi in Group Dining.
There are a few options for a private reception, that we discovered. V&A has a private room that accommodates up to 21 guests, with a food minimum of $1200. Citrico's Chef's Domaine has a room for 12, with a minimum of $650. We were told that we could rent out the Garden View Lounge at the GF or the GF Cafe for a $2000 minimum, which might be a good deal, depending on your party size, if you wanted a large space just for yourselves.
There are also other options like an Illuminations party, inside Epcot. The minimums start at 20 people, but you have a private area to yourself. There are several to choose from, depending on party size, like Morocco, Japan, UK upper & lower terrace, and Italy Isola, I believe. They have been known to make exceptions and allow brides to wear wedding outfits inside the park, if they are having an Illuminations party, but it depends on whether the CM's feel like making an exception for you or not - kind of hit or miss.
Cheers!
Heather P

Heather is right about all the info. One rumor we have heard is that they won't be doing the 5 additional guests (13 total) for the $500 fee. The package varies depending on the season. Pricing comes out every year and they have been changing how they allow guests, etc. The best advice is to call and say you would like an intimate info package and they can give you the latest info. Without a date, they may tell you the prices may change.

Good Luck!
Monica & Jay
10/29/02
Sunset Pointe Intimate:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter